Perlisten's D212 magic. Isn't it just an Isobaric enclosure?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
My previous post aside...

Electrical signal: B is correct. (Though I would switch Driver 1/2. Driver 1 should be cone facing the world and have Positive to Positive. Driver 2 would be motor facing the world and cross-wired, + to N.

A

aceinc

Audioholic
I don’t really follow those images.

in the Perlisten Subs, both Drivers excurse outwards, in phase with each other.

if I really try to interpret those images, you need “C:”
Red arrows in phase and both excursing outwards at the same time.

Just one toward the motor, and one away.

So, take “a” and reverse the direction of the arrows for “2” to reflect the actual motion of the Drivers.
I changed the location of the red & blue arrows on B based on your input. I think it is a little clearer.

If B is how the Perlisten works I would not call this push-pull. To me B is a traditional way to do a two driver enclosure. The orientation of the drivers to each other is unusual, perhaps unique.

PusPullSample.png

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I changed the location of the red & blue arrows on B based on your input. I think it is a little clearer.

If B is how the Perlisten works I would not call this push-pull. To me B is a traditional way to do a two driver enclosure. The orientation of the drivers to each other is unusual, perhaps unique.

View attachment 66636
I want to be clear:
This is PHYSICAL MOTION of the Drivers as they emanate Soundwaves.

B is correct.

All that would change in a traditional 2-Driver design with CONES facing the world is Driver 1 should be fully inside the cabinet.

This is all that is happening from the Physical point of view.

The previous "B" is what you would do Electrically. :)

Natrix

Natrix

Junior Audioholic
Since I am of a simple mind, and not too good with graphics I put the drawing below together. In the drawing there is a sine wave and two "enclosures," A & B. The triangles 1 & 2 are two drivers in each enclosure. The red & blue arrows signify which way the cone of the drivers move when the portion of the sine wave excites them.

Does the Perlisten subwoofer work like example A or B?

View attachment 66635

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis