ParadigmDawg: gear for sale

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
If any of you are local around the Dallas Fort Worth area and are a cabinet maker or carpenter and want any of my gear, we can work out a price based around some work I want done on my home.

LAB3

LAB3

Senior Audioholic
WOW you were serious about selling all your gear. Wish I was as good with wood as I am with metal, you know I want your other SVS sub. I will ask my Son in Law if he has time for remodeling and cabinet work.

LAB3

LAB3

Senior Audioholic
Looks like you found a carpenter for you re-modeling. In wall sub.... great idea to keep wife happy. Mine is not thrilled about how large your old SVS sub is I have now. But she does like how it sounds the only thing that saved me. Have you sold all your equipment you had for sale? I really wanted that second sub (no room for it) and that black cabinet too but it was 10" too long to fit between my front speakers and my 55" TV.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Looks like you found a carpenter for you re-modeling. In wall sub.... great idea to keep wife happy. Mine is not thrilled about how large your old SVS sub is I have now. But she does like how it sounds the only thing that saved me. Have you sold all your equipment you had for sale? I really wanted that second sub (no room for it) and that black cabinet too but it was 10" too long to fit between my front speakers and my 55" TV.
Yep, I sold everything.

B

BriReeves629

Audioholic
Wish I saw this post sooner...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I'm a home builder so pretty much anything...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Crap....I have been somewhat disappointed in the guys I have hired which is kind of just normal business in construction...lol...

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
This has got to be good. What did they do?
Nothing big, just a general slowness and a lack of staff vs what was promised. I was told that Mon-Fri would be a minimum of 3 people working 8-9 hours a day, with no days missed and 1-2 people on Sat. Total time was estimated at 3.5 weeks assuming nothing went way wrong.

I am only speaking of the tile and framing guys as this is the biggest(slowest) part of the job and I need it done and out of the way so the cabinet maker, granite guys and hardwood guys could come in next.

So the first week went OK but then the owner of the company told me he was getting married the next Tuesday and then would be on his Honeymoon for 10 days after that.

My first thought was "what an idiot, why would you get married"...

Then I was like cool, who is in charge? He pointed at the white kid which is the one I trusted the most but he was a white kid so even though he could do the work, he was slow.

The next day the white kid shows up and it turns out all the other guys had quit. He worked as hard as he could but wasn't gaining much ground. This went on for 4 days and then I called the Honeymooner and kind of went crazy but still way under control.

Today no less than 10 people showed up at 7:30 am and started knocking out everything. More was done today that in the past 2.5 weeks. It wasn't sloppy fast work either, it was pros who were good at what they do and just efficient.

Late in the afternoon the Cabinet and granite guys came in and knocked out their part and the plumber came in at 7 pm and did his thing. The plumper was a total creeper who acted like he was mad that he had to be there and he hated me. When Carolyn would walk in he would change his voice and demeanor and totally flirt with her, I thought... "what an idiot..."

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Nothing big, just a general slowness and a lack of staff vs what was promised. I was told that Mon-Fri would be a minimum of 3 people working 8-9 hours a day, with no days missed and 1-2 people on Sat. Total time was estimated at 3.5 weeks assuming nothing went way wrong.

I am only speaking of the tile and framing guys as this is the biggest(slowest) part of the job and I need it done and out of the way so the cabinet maker, granite guys and hardwood guys could come in next.

So the first week went OK but then the owner of the company told me he was getting married the next Tuesday and then would be on his Honeymoon for 10 days after that.

My first thought was "what an idiot, why would you get married"...

Then I was like cool, who is in charge? He pointed at the white kid which is the one I trusted the most but he was a white kid so even though he could do the work, he was slow.

The next day the white kid shows up and it turns out all the other guys had quit. He worked as hard as he could but wasn't gaining much ground. This went on for 4 days and then I called the Honeymooner and kind of went crazy but still way under control.

Today no less than 10 people showed up at 7:30 am and started knocking out everything. More was done today that in the past 2.5 weeks. It wasn't sloppy fast work either, it was pros who were good at what they do and just efficient.

Late in the afternoon the Cabinet and granite guys came in and knocked out their part and the plumber came in at 7 pm and did his thing. The plumper was a total creeper who acted like he was mad that he had to be there and he hated me. When Carolyn would walk in he would change his voice and demeanor and totally flirt with her, I thought... "what an idiot..."
Was it a plumper plumber?

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I defined two different sets of idiots and y'all are still confused?

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
The kitchen is about done and the bar area would be except for one missing cabinet door which is being repainted, backsplash, baseboards and some drywall/texture repair. I am having trouble finding a good drywall guy so far.

Granite is in bar area and both bathrooms now, the bar wall is done, the guest bath should be completed tomorrow and they will attack the giant fireplace and our master bath on Saturday.

The hardwood guys should be here mid next week.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
The little stone wall you see on the right side of the counter will be the same stone used on the fireplace. The fireplace was 6 ft tall and 5 ft wide and now it will go to the ceiling which is 14 ft high and it will be 8 ft wide.

And heck yeah, the TV will be low...I am an Audioholic.....

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis