Paradigm S8 VS ????

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Don't go bananas on me..
Sorry, they're trying to stabilize my meds but it's going to take some experimentation. It doesn't help them that I augment the protocol with all the hormone therapy pills that I can steal from my menopausal tenant while she's at work but everybody needs a challenge.

But getting back to the Bose: what was this thread about and why am I in it? :confused:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
If they can make the Bose look like the B&W 800Ds, I might consider it.:D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Sometimes you get what you pay for, and some times you don't. Then there is completely out of my price range. If I had money to burn, I'd get a pair of Revel Ultima Salon2's. A guy can dream, right?
Based on the graphs on Stereophile, the Revel Ultima2 Salon2 outperforms the B&W 802D. But I wonder why they have not tested the 800D?

Have you listened to the Revel Salon2?

I've listened to the B&W, but not the Revel.

O

oppman99

Senior Audioholic
I haven't listened to the Salon2. No Revel dealer here in Wisconsin has them available to demo (at least not that I've found).

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I haven't listened to the Salon2. No Revel dealer here in Wisconsin has them available to demo (at least not that I've found).
But you wouldn't spend that kind of money without auditioning the Revel Ultima2 Salon2 first, right?:D

I mean just because Stereophile, Home Theater Magazine, Sound & Vision, & The Absolute Sound have praised the Salon2 as pretty close to being the perfect speaker, it doesn't mean you will automatically feel the same, right?:D

O

oppman99

Senior Audioholic
But you wouldn't spend that kind of money without auditioning the Revel Ultima2 Salon2 first, right?:D

I mean just because Stereophile, Home Theater Magazine, Sound & Vision, & The Absolute Sound have praised the Salon2 as pretty close to being the perfect speaker, it doesn't mean you will automatically feel the same, right?:D
No, I'd definately audition them first, not that it's likely to ever happen. :( What? Are you saying the audio mags are not absolutely correct in every assessment? That the differences in products might be exaggerated? :rolleyes:

AJinFLA

AJinFLA

Banned
Sorry, they're trying to stabilize my meds but it's going to take some experimentation. It doesn't help them that I augment the protocol with all the hormone therapy pills that I can steal from my menopausal tenant while she's at work but everybody needs a challenge.
Hopefully you observed safety standards and washed it all down with alcohol??

But getting back to the Bose: what was this thread about and why am I in it? :confused:
Dunno. My response was about marketing and perception. If you market well enough, indeed the "graphs and measurements don't matter" and perception becomes what you expect, rather than what is there (revealed via blind testing). Hence the popularity of Bose (among the masses/millions) and the popularity of B&W, etc. amongst "audiophiles"/thousands(?).
They (B&W) sure do look purdy tho....;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
They couldn't afford them. :D
No, those bastards @ B&W didn't want to risk having Stereophile say that their flagship model has bad off-axis response like the 802D.:D

I mean the B&W 800D is only $23,000, and so is the Revel Salon2. And yet the Salon2 has been reviewed in Stereophile, Home Theater Magazine, Sound & Vision Magazine, & The Absolute Sound.

And there is not a single magazine that has even listened to the 800D???:confused:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis