Panasonic vs Sony 4K Blueray players

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
PS4 also supports 4k and HDR as of firmware 4.0 which was released last year.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
4K upscaling right? not native 4K bluerays ? or am i wrong about that?
Right I think it upscales, not sure if it plays the native 4K discs. For that matter, the Oppo 103 and 105 also upscale to 4K.

Fredrik

Fredrik

Audiophyte
I would like to thank you all for the respons on this matter :) however ive really thought it thru and i realized i really dont like noodles... so im gonna go for the Panasonic, it had some very good rewievs altough i realize it wont have the Oppo standards, maybe someday further down the road when the Oppo wont be as exspensive as it is today or i simply win the lottery ;) ill buy it, but for now Panasonic it is, Again, thank you all for your input :) Cheers!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Congrats on making a decision, but you typed something I don't understand about noodles...?

Fredrik

Fredrik

Audiophyte
Congrats on making a decision, but you typed something I don't understand about noodles...?
sorry :) i made a little joke about eating cheap noodles for 2 mounths too be able too afford the Oppo, but it felt a little bit drastic haha!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The good thing about Panasonic is they're actually the main patent holder for blu-ray. Oppo's blu-ray mechanisms (lasers) in the older units were all Panasonic sourced too. I've owned 3 or 4 Pannys and liked them all.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis