Outlaw Audio Model 975 Processor Preview

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I agree, although I'm saying that for as long as they're charging premium to separate the two, you can still use receivers to do so at a lower cost. I was using an Onkyo 3009 as a processor for awhile and it did great and it was a lot less than many processors out there that provided the same or less feature set. It sucks to pay for the amp section since you're not using it, but if it's still cheaper than a dedicated processor then it's not so bad.
Though the 975 impresses me less the longer I own it, another big advantage it has over any receiver is that the 975's power dissipation is so low you can stack other components, like a BD player, directly on top of the 975 without ill effects. It is also about 1/2 to 1/3 the height of receivers.

On the other hand, any Japanese-designed receiver is going to have a far better remote than the Outlaw has, which is my #1 beef with the 975. Yes I know, I could invest some money and time and program some other remote to replace 975's, but it annoys me that I should have to.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
On the other hand, any Japanese-designed receiver is going to have a far better remote than the Outlaw has, which is my #1 beef with the 975. Yes I know, I could invest some money and time and program some other remote to replace 975's, but it annoys me that I should have to.
Denon/Marantz/Onkyo/Integra/Yamaha also have iOS & Android remote apps.

I don't even use my Denon remote. I use my iOS Denon remote (iPad).

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord

The app remotes are really nice, and I also like the web browser controller that the Marantz comes with (don't know if Denon does that). The Onkyo came with web browser controller (IIRC) and I also seem to remember it being mostly useless.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan

Roku does that, but I didn't use it after the novelty wore off. The dedicated remote is quicker and easier.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
and I also like the web browser controller that the Marantz comes with (don't know if Denon does that).
Yes they do, in fact I think they had it first, then transfer to Marantz since the formation of D&M, though I could be wrong. The one for the 4308 looks almost the same as the one for the AV7005 and AV8801.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis