Once again: what are you listening to now?

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
This is an odd one, Caravan's CD "Palace". A gift to the guy who "has every CD known", I never heard of Caravan but this is really interesting. It sounds like 1930 Parisian jazz on LSD. Strange electronic FX, excellent musicians, and a fast pace make this quite likeable. I keep expecting the ghosts of Django Reinhart and Stephan Grappelli to materialize and join in with the strings, vibes, electronics and disc scratching and voice percussion. Nice passages on acoustic bass. If you've ever seen that outright deliciously bizarre French comedy flick Mic Macs, this music would fit right in.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Rossinni "The William Tell Overature" & "Barber Of Seville Overature" on CD

Mozart "Clairenette Concertoe" on CD

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
New music since late November:

Let It Rock - Jerry Garcia
Jerry live from 1975 with Nicky Hopkins on piano - excellent!

Heros, Ghosts of Early Guitar Rock - Dion
I knew nothing about him since his late 50s/early 60s hits! Great voice, excellent treatment of these old hits.

Jeff Beck - Live from the Grammy Museum - good

Bethoven's 9th Symphony - Minnesota Orchestra / Osmo Vanska

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief

Jamie Woon "Night Air"

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MarkNiceOne

Audiophyte
The first 5 Primal Fear albums are in the CD player at the moment

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
The Kings of Leon, Radioactive, from Come Around Sundown. It's a pretty good song from a pretty good CD. You can do better but you can also do much worse.

V

Vracer111

Audioholic
Recently this album came in and I have been enjoying it very much. It's not only my favorite Anime OST, it's one of my favorite CD albums as well.

Mainly a mixture of orchestral, piano, electronic/effect, and eclectic music.

Examples for each:

Orchestral

Piano

Electronic/Effect

Eclectic

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Blind Willie Johnson "Dark Was The Night" on CD. Recorded way back in the late 20s, this is more a spiritual CD but heavily blues as well. This one album hits home how the spirituals sung by the black population in the states evolved into blues. For any blues fan, this is a must have.

This guy has the most unusual voice I've ever heard, coarse, rough, gravelly like no other. Makes the lead singer of AC/DC sond like a choir boy. ;) Eric Clapton has stated that Blind Willie Johnson is the best slide guitarist he's ever heard.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
John Lee Hooker "The Healer" on CD
Big Mamma Thorton "Sassy Mamma" on CD

C

caupina

Full Audioholic
Billy Childs "Portrait of a Player", nice jazz CD, excellent SQ. His rendition of Ivan Lins " The Island" is just beautiful. For those unfamiliar with this artist, he plays the piano and can be heard (seen) in Chris Botti's "In Boston" Bluray.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis