Once again: what are you listening to now?

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
Rush
Stir of Echoes on CD

I've rediscovered Rush recently. I just purchased a mint vintage copy of Moving Pictures on vinyl.
If you're rediscovering Rush, it's worth checking out "Snakes and Arrows" and "Feedback". These CD's were done after the return of Neil Peart from his self-imposed exile after the deaths of his wife and daughter. Both are excellent sonic walls of sound. Feedback is an EP of 60's rockers covered by Rush; Snakes is new material with a distinctly Buddhist philosophical direction and both are full of outrageously fine playing, great thick, deliciously dense sonics using every drum and guitar pedal known to man. Turn 'em up loud and enjoy.

Check out Heart Full of Soul (old Yardbirds song) at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDRcrffIz6s

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Robin Trower "Bridge of Sighs" on CD
Alligator Records "25th Anniversary Collection" Disc 1 on CD

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Crystal Method Community Service CD
Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion Soundtrack (80s flashback :eek:) - 2CDs

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
STVN WLSN NSRGNTS^RMXS CD

While the remixed tracks are not my favorites compared to the album, the mastering is simply amazing on these tracks.

Roxy Music Avalon SACD

One of my favorite multichannel discs :cool:

Porcupine Tree We Lost the Skyline CD (live EP)

In store set with just two of them. Friggin excellent.

Last edited:
skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
Right now I am re-enjoying a local favorite - John Waters' Christmas, featuring songs like Fat Daddy's Christmas, Tiny Tim doing Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Here Comes Fatty Claus and Sleigh Ride by the Chipmunks. Waters is the patron saint of Baltimore weirdness.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Johnny Winter's "White Trash" Tobbaco Road (all of side 3) on vinyl

The Constantines ""Shine A Light" on CD

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Is this a new album by them?
No, it was the third album and the last thing they did. I saw them on that tour and Maynard said they were going to take a break (so he could work on Tool again = 10,000 Days) but they would probably come out with an album again after a few years - it has been a few years. This one is a cover album - all covers of anti-war songs and one new track released to conicide with the presidential election in 2004.

Last month they did 3 shows in San Francisco, one show featuring each album. They were during the week otherwise I would have gone.

S

SirGSS

Audiophyte
Presently, I'm thoroughly enjoying Enter the Haggis' "Gutter Albums" anthem. Because they freaking rock my personal casbah.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Vince Guaraldi Trio - A Charlie Brown Christmas stereo SACD
Chicane - Far From the Maddeing Crowd CD

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis