Once again: what are you listening to now?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
It was a blues evening last night

"Father and Sons" on vinyl : double LP Chess pressing of Muddy Waters

Huddie Ledbetter "Leadbelly's Last Sessions Part Three" on vinyl, Folkways Records FA2942A/B

res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
Elton John's "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" from the album of the same name...

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
Mayhem - Funeral Fog. from the album De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas.

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
Brian Wilson Reimagines Gershwin. This CD is borderline strange and brilliant, probably a must for Brian fans, but a stretch for others. Brian is in good voice throughout the 14 Gershwin classics. The arrangements are lush and careful; it's clear that Brian loves this music. In some moments the sound is very 1940's and fairly traditional, but in other songs, especially I Got Rhythm and Nothing But Love, it's Gershwin at the beach in LA in 1963. There are definitely moments when the vocal harmonies kick in and it's God Only Knows all over again. I don't know...I'm more of a rocker than this and I have to use headphones because I wouldn't want to be caught listening anything so mellow and harmonious, but it's really pretty good if you have an open mind.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers "MOJO" on vinyl

Muddy Waters "Father and Sons" on vinyl Chess pressing.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
AC-DC "Black Ice" on CD

American Folk Blues Festival 1962-1965...CD5

dkane360

dkane360

Chris Botti live in Boston bluray. I realized this morning that I hadn't listened to it since I upgraded my speakers.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
sounds like poo on youtube of course :(

Last edited by a moderator:
C

caupina

Full Audioholic
Dexter Gordon "Doing Allright"
Sonny Clark "Cool Struttin'"
Tina Brooks "True Blue"....these 3 titles on XRCD24...pricy but worthy
Miles Davis "Kind of Blue" SACD
Bill Evans Trio "Sunday at the Village Vanguard" SACD.

I've been getting into a lot more of jazz lately, kind of expanding my horizon, and I found some interesting titles, japanese reissues of Bill Evans, Grant Green (love his work), Kenny Dorham, Gary Peacock, Wynton Kelly among others. In the past 2 weeks I've bought more than 40 jazz titles (SACD/XRCD/JRGV):eek:

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Brian Wilson Reimagines Gershwin. This CD is borderline strange and brilliant, probably a must for Brian fans, but a stretch for others. Brian is in good voice throughout the 14 Gershwin classics. The arrangements are lush and careful; it's clear that Brian loves this music. In some moments the sound is very 1940's and fairly traditional, but in other songs, especially I Got Rhythm and Nothing But Love, it's Gershwin at the beach in LA in 1963. There are definitely moments when the vocal harmonies kick in and it's God Only Knows all over again. I don't know...I'm more of a rocker than this and I have to use headphones because I wouldn't want to be caught listening anything so mellow and harmonious, but it's really pretty good if you have an open mind.
A bunch of them are posted on Youtube now, I Got Rhythm is sorta like Gershwin meets I Get Around. It's well worth a listen if you like Brian. His band is excellent too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1DOjrGGDiM&feature=related

S

Shiitaki

Enthusiast
Good recordings

A couple of new discs I just picked up from Amazon are:

Esperanza I, and Esperanza II by La Esperanza, not the most creative titles, but it's a cross between genres. The bottom end is electronica with some great spanish guitar and percussion.

The blurays of Shakira and Rihanna sound great. I know it's only pop music, but the quality of the surround mixes is great. They need to get off their butt, the record industry, and release more.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Paul Woolford's essential mix from 2010-09-25. Current track is Pherox - Rude Vox.

C

caupina

Full Audioholic
The Cars "Heartbeat City", Depeche Mode "Strange Too" and Spandau Ballet "Spandau Ballet Live" all of these titles on laserdisc.

B

BWG707

Audioholic
The soundtrack to "Repo men". Surprisingly good with various different music styles.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Mozart "Symphony #40" on vinyl; Angel Records recorded/produced in England.

Mevin Taylor & The Slack Band self Titled on CD. This guy is every part the equal of Stevie Ray Vaughan or Buddy Guy. This man can play some serious mean guitar

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis