Once again: what are you listening to now?

zildjian

zildjian

Audioholic Chief
Bob Dylan, The Witmark Demos: 1962-1964 (The Bootleg Series Vol. 9)
<br />
<br />
<br />
I like the photo for the cover with the bottle of wine, few packs of smokes and the bottle opener on the table, drafting table in the background, and Bob at the typewriter...

Last edited by a moderator:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Not sure if mine is 'Masterphile' or not but it's good to listen to.

... mostly for this song (pretty good sound from from You Tube on this also) ;) ...

That has moved to the number 3rd spot of my favourite Petty albums. "Dam the Torpedoes still remains #1, MOJO a very close 2nd and then Hard Promises. This is a well recorded album

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
During my jog.. Tool "Ten Thousand Days' on CD

This morning Dave Mathews latest "Big Whiskey & the GrooGrux King" on CD

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
I love this one...Rush, Feedback. It's a short CD with covers of the band's favorite 7 60's songs, an excellent tribute to bands like The Who, Buffalo Springfield and Blue Cheer. Played in Rush's thick, textury white noise sound, these songs work really well for them.

C

caupina

Full Audioholic
Acoustic Alchemy "Early Alchemy" and "Red Dust & Spanish Lace"

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Now I'm stuck on a string band thing..the transition from bluegrass to classical, which gets confused in this series. In particular, amazing fiddler Mark O'Connor, the Paganini of our time, who has been mainly playing with and writing for symphonies in recent years. In 5 videos amazing virtuoso musicians play with O'Connor. I had the pleasure of meeting O'Connor a couple years ago and was amazed at his love of the fiddle and his easy genius. Classical fans should pay attention here.

In this one crazy great bluegrass guys, including Bela Anton Fleck who was raised in a NYC classical family but went blue and took up banjo...you can't listen to this and not grin unless you have soul of stone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWe_ZkhUozw

And, then O'Connor and Yo Yo Ma

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-bok3otfMs

And O'Connor, Allison Krause, Stephen Foster and Yo Yo again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_SyJ...eature=related

And yo Yo Ma playing and O'Connor cello piece

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXSqZAEOn2c

And, finally O'Connor himself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7DJxW_-Phc

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

I just unwrapped this...Neil Young's "Le Noise". It's highly personal and refreshingly self-indulgent, no band, just Neil doing some songs, apparently accompanying himself and using FX such as loops, etc. The sound quality is stunning, especially considering the dismal sound of most albums these days. Distortion abounds (Crazy Horse guitars), but it's "clean" distortion if that makes any sense. The bass notes are earth shaking, the stereo image is broad and there are some accoustic guitar sounds that sound like they are in the room with you. I'm not sure whether I like it, but it's definitely interesting.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Tom Petty & The Hear Breakers "MOJO" on vinyl

Keep on Rockin album 4 on vinyl.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Mother Mother "self titled" on CD
Keep On Rockin album 3 out 4 on vinyl. BTW, this a Warner pressing and not one of those cheap KTel lables that were so prolific back then.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
Pink Floyd "The Wall"
Warming up for tonights show at the IZOD Center in NJ. Should be a great show. Got decent tickets (floor seating) $125.00 each, not to bad.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Pink Floyd "The Wall"
Warming up for tonights show at the IZOD Center in NJ. Should be a great show. Got decent tickets (floor seating) $125.00 each, not to bad.
I hope they have it turned up loud enough. :)

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Pink Floyd "The Wall"
Have a great time!
We had hoped to meet up with you there, but it wasn't in the cards.
We'll settle for watching the concert DVD at home.:D

johndoe

johndoe

Audioholic
Katatonia - Night is the New Day

I'm not really a metal head. I do like rock with metal touches here and there. I do enjoy the likes of Porcupine Tree, OSI, Riverside, and almost anything Steven Wilson touches. I'm saying all this for context. A coworker brought to my attention this cd from a Swedish band, Katatonia, Night is the New Day (2009). From he cover art I was expecting death metal growls and violent 'evil' music, not my cup of tea. Was I wrong. It is one of the best cds I've heard in a while. It has a very dark mood, metal riffs, lots of double kick drumming, but no growling, a lot of textural synths, great vocal melodies and harmonies. it is also very well recorded and produced. I highly recommend this to anyone who likes the bands I mentioned above. After listening to this repeatedly I asked my coworker if he had more Katatonia material, he brought an older cd Last Fair Deal Gone Down (2001). I didn't like it nearly as much. All I have to say is that the band has evolved dramatically and a lot more to my taste.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
This is where it's at for me ... Blues with a splash of mistrust. ;)

This is good too. Go ahead, click on it. :rolleyes:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis