Once again: what are you listening to now?

poutanen

poutanen

Full Audioholic
Listening to some of the new Deftones material from the new album Diamond Eyes. It's got some really good heavy stuff on it! Making good use of the sub on a lot of tracks...

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm listening to and watching this:

Great show, really good sound!
That album has awesome bass and it really tests your speakers. I didn't knwo my PSBs were capable of producing that much bass until I played that CD. Its now become one fo defacto demo CDs :D

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Eric Clapton "Me an Mr. Johnson" on CD. Eric does an wesome job with Robert Johnsons work conveying most of Robert's feeling into the song. Highly recommend this CD for you blues fans. Its well recorded too

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
You're 100% correct on all counts. I'm sort of discovering classical music and it will definitely tell the tale on a speakers capability. I recently had Jostenmeat explain how that worked and why TLS isn't crazy ... not that there was ever a doubt. :D

BTW, I'm only all over the classical stuff because I can get the vinyl dirt cheap, record players are falling out of the sky and I would like to be able to identify some of the more common stuff when I hear it like I had class. :rolleyes:
Some recommendations for you.

Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto in D. Its a phenomenal piece making it sound like their are two violinists playing but its only one as Jostenmeat had pointed out to me.

The other is Beethoven's Piano Concerto #5 and Mozart's Clairentte Concerto. Get your hands on these Alec. I think you would enjoy them.

TheSoundMan21

TheSoundMan21

Audioholic Intern
I am into Original Motion Picture Scores... (movie soundtracks) Hanz Zimmer, John Powell and a ton of others. The transformers soundtrack is pretty awesome. Then all the random crap in between.

Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
Jimi Hendrix "Valleys of Neptune"

Hey, the guy's been dead for 40 years, but this CD is a mostly enjoyable visit to days gone bye. The rendition of Red House and Fire are great alternates to the versions we all knew. Makes me want to whip out my tie-dyes and bong. Oh, wait, I can't remember where they are...:cool:

6L6X4

6L6X4

Audioholic
That album has awesome bass and it really tests your speakers. I didn't knwo my PSBs were capable of producing that much bass until I played that CD. Its now become one fo defacto demo CDs :D
Have you heard the DVD? I think it sounds great (apparently others do too judging from their comments) but I was a little surprised to see some nit-wit over on AVS complaining about the sound :confused:

C

caupina

Full Audioholic
Stan Getz Quarter "Getz au Go Go"
John Coltrane Quartet "Ballads"
Herbie Hancock "Speak like a Child"

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Have you heard the DVD? I think it sounds great (apparently others do too judging from their comments) but I was a little surprised to see some nit-wit over on AVS complaining about the sound :confused:
I haven't heard the DVD...just the CD but if the DVD is as good or better than the CD, then either you labelled that person correctly or their setup is poor including equipment and or room placement/acoustics. :D

Last edited:
skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
Uncle Tupelo - March 16 - 20, 1992. A nice acoustical set by UT.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
The Doors "Morrinson Hotel" on vinyl
The Smiths "Sound of The Smiths" on CD

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
Diana Krall - Quiet Nights. It's a fine CD full of cool jazzy night music. Good stuff.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord

I was fixin' to pitch it but it turns out that track 4 on side 2, Lover's Quarrel is pretty good. Track 5 on the same side , Tugfire's Illness is also kind of interesting. :rolleyes:

It can stay in the collection. :)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Bobby Blue Bland - His California Album

I know I listen to a lot of stupid stuff but this is really good. The first couple of notes on track #1 got my monkey moving to the music. Hah? ... if that dudn't just paint a picture ... :eek:

I was watching Jackie Brown a few nights ago and saw this album in her collection in the movie. It was sort of strategically so that you couldn't miss it if you knew what it was and I recognized it as a recent acquisition that I hadn't really listened to. Now I feel like I'm all hip cause me and Quentin ... we're tight. :rolleyes:

I'm gonna listen to it again. :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord

I know I listen to a lot of stupid stuff but this is really good. The first couple of notes on track #1 got my monkey moving to the music. Hah? ... if that dudn't just paint a picture ... :eek:

I was watching Jackie Brown a few nights ago and saw this album in her collection in the movie. It was sort of strategically so that you couldn't miss it if you knew what it was and I recognized it as a recent acquisition that I hadn't really listened to. Now I feel like I'm all hip cause me and Quentin ... we're tight. :rolleyes:

I'm gonna listen to it again. :)
one of great blues artist of that era. I don't have any of his stuff yet ..must remedy that. Thanks for the unintentional reminder. :D

D

Daniel Caswell

Audiophyte
Good Stuff

I recently picked up Chester and Lester it's Chet Atkins and Les Paul. All that I can say is WOW, fidelity is outstanding. This could easily become one of my referance pieces. Yea, it's that good. So do your ear balls a favor and pick this one up.

vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
I am jamming to a live show called beach,music and arts festival. Its streaming live right now on iclips.net. Gov't mule is coming on right now so check it out.:D

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis