Once again: what are you listening to now?

H

Hawkeye

Full Audioholic
Have any of those old Styx CDs been remastered? The sound on my best-of collection is excellent, and I would love to have Grand Illusion in a similarly restored version. (To me, that was their best album.)
Only thing I've heard of is this-
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E0VL2M/qid=1137693489/sr=1-18/ref=sr_1_18/104-2444812-9127926?s=music&v=glance&n=5174

Could be more though not sure, I've kind of lost interest in Styx even though back in the day they were one of my favorites.

E

Exit

Audioholic Chief
Porcupine Tree – Deadwing
Joe Satriani – Time Machine
4 Non Blonds – Bigger, Better, Faster, More
Talking Heads – Stop Making Sense
Yes – Tormato
King Crimson – USA
Genesis – The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway
Alex Harvey – Tomorrow Belongs to Me
Deep Purple – In Rock
Sir Lord Baltimore
Free – Heartbreaker

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Police "Synchronicity"
Queen "News Of The World"???
Shiny Toy Guns "We are Pilots"
Teagan and Sara "The Con"

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
The last 10albums I have listened too in no particular order

Radiohead - The Bends
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin IV
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin II
Minus The Bear - Highly Refined Pirates
Minus The Bear - Menos El Oso
Minus The Bear - They Make Beer Commercials Like This
The Doors - Best Of The Doors (Double Disk)
Isis - Oceanic
Chore - Take My Mask and Breathe
Chore - The Coastaline Fire

My favorite album of the bunch....Chore - The Coastaline Fire

Z

zoinks

Enthusiast
Wow another Budgie fan!
Nice to know, was listening to Bandolier just the other day

H

Hawkeye

Full Audioholic
Ambrosia - Anthology
Neil Young - After the Goldrush
Sheryl Crow - Detours
Steely Dan - Countdown to Ecstasy

Last edited:
fitness1

fitness1

Audioholic
Peter Mayer - Romeo's Garage
David Wilcox - Airstream
Sara K. - Closer Than They Appear
Jim Tozier - Solo Guitar

C

caupina

Full Audioholic
Queen Latifah's Trav'lin Light, a R&B/Jazz CD. Superb...she's got such an excellent voice, it's hard to believe she comes from such a different musical background as hip hop/rap.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
As I've been ripping my CD collection I can say: "everything!":D

H

Hawkeye

Full Audioholic
As I've been ripping my CD collection I can say: "everything!":D
I've been doing the same, not sure why since I don't even own an ipod or similar device. Just something to do I guess. But more fun, more time-consuming, and in the end more rewarding - I've been also digitizing my vinyl collection. And I've even been hitting the local used vinyl shops to fill in some blanks. This past weekend I "ripped" Broken Barricades by Procol Harum, CTA by Chicago, and Radioactivity by Kraftwerk.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I've been doing the same, not sure why since I don't even own an ipod or similar device. Just something to do I guess. But more fun, more time-consuming, and in the end more rewarding - I've been also digitizing my vinyl collection. And I've even been hitting the local used vinyl shops to fill in some blanks. This past weekend I "ripped" Broken Barricades by Procol Harum, CTA by Chicago, and Radioactivity by Kraftwerk.
Which tools have you been using to digitize the vinyl?

-Harald

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Queen Latifah's Trav'lin Light, a R&B/Jazz CD. Superb...she's got such an excellent voice, it's hard to believe she comes from such a different musical background as hip hop/rap.
Are you saying that those of us who want to puke when we hear rap might like her new CD? It is that much different?

100r1

Junior Audioholic
Lots of PANDORA RADIO streaming thru my laptop at both work and connection to my Home AVR.

But I recomend:

Aaron Copland: Appalachian Spring; Billy the Kid; Rodeo

About This Album
Aaron Copland's extraordinarily popular ballets, Billy the Kid, Appalachian Spring, and Rodeo, are bread-and-butter works to Michael Tilson Thomas, possibly America's leading authority on the composer but most definitely his greatest living exponent in concert. His repertoire has long included these scores, among many others less celebrated, and no one has better insights into Copland's intentions, thanks to the personal and professional friendship they shared. In considering this 2005 RCA reissue of Tilson Thomas' 1999 recordings with the San Francisco Symphony, listeners may have confidence that they are hearing the real thing, rendered with muscular rhythms, ecstatic color, impeccable execution, and the full awareness of the ballets' history that informs the best performances. Of course, many who already have Copland's eloquent recordings, or even Bernstein's energetic readings, may pass by this disc on the assumption that Tilson Thomas can do no better. However, he seems to have captured both Copland's sensitivity and Bernstein's vitality, and produced remarkably balanced and fresh interpretations by combining these complementary impulses. Note: for this version of Appalachian Spring, the original "Revivalist" section has been interpolated in the variations on "Simple Gifts," a pleasant surprise for the jaded. RCA's sound quality is fine, though a little soft in spots. ~ Blair Sanderson, All Music Guide
Track List

Billy The Kid, Ballet

Appalachian Spring, Ballet For 13 Instruments

Rodeo, Selections From The Ballet

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis