? on remaster quality

john72953

john72953

Full Audioholic
I don't see anything to indicate my equipment is DSD capable. Is it a licensed & trademarked technology which would require a logo on the unit (like the compact disc icon)? If not, how would I check?
I'm assuming if it had it it would claim it, so am doubtful that either unit is DSD capable.Here is the spec sheet on my CD player:
http://us.marantz.com/VC6001.pdf
Here is the spec sheet on my receiver:
http://ca.marantz.com/SR6001v2.pdf

Thanks,
Kurt
I believe you are correct as I also did not see anything in the links to indicate this feature. Now, that is not to say that SACD won't sound better than Redbook CD on your components, because it will. It's just that you won't be able to get the maximum from it. Get your yourself a copy of the Dire Straits: Brothers In Arms Hybrid SACD and you'll hear how wonderful this format will sound on your existing units.

John

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I believe you are correct as I also did not see anything in the links to indicate this feature. Now, that is not to say that SACD won't sound better than Redbook CD on your components, because it will. It's just that you won't be able to get the maximum from it. Get your yourself a copy of the Dire Straits: Brothers In Arms Hybrid SACD and you'll hear how wonderful this format will sound on your existing units.

John
Actually I ordered Dire Straits: Brothers In Arms on SACD last night!
This album sounds so good via standard CD that it is hard to believe it could get much better!

C

cvcgolf

Audioholic
Always buy the remastered when given the choice. In other words when you go to Amazon and type in a favorite cd from the past and you're now given the choice of buying the original or the newly remastered your best bet for better sound is to chose the remastered version. It doesn't matter if someone here has heard "a bad remastered job."

When you're at Amazon or anywhere else you don't get to listen to the 2 choices and decide which version is better. You just have to pull the trigger on one or the other. My suggestion is to always buy the remastered version. If possible try to get as many sacd's as you can. If you have a good system you will hear an improvement.

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
Actually I ordered Dire Straits: Brothers In Arms on SACD last night!
This album sounds so good via standard CD that it is hard to believe it could get much better!
Let us know if u hear a real difference between the 2. I've been on the fence about that one myself.

DJ

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis