Okay someone explain the latest reputation to me and why "AV called me a idiot"

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
What is required to get more than one green dot. Is it based on number of points? How do you get points?

On my latest reputation what does a red dot mean with a comment "You are an Idiot -AV" ? who is AV and why did they call me an idiot ?

I have enjoyed this forum so far but it you wnat me to leave , just let me know becuase i don't like being caleld an idiot.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
What is required to get more than one green dot. Is it based on number of points? How do you get points?

On my latest reputation what does a red dot mean with a comment "You are an Idiot -AV" ? who is AV and why did they call me an idiot ?

I have enjoyed this forum so far but it you wnat me to leave , just let me know becuase i don't like being caleld an idiot.
I wouldn't worry too much about the chicklets in general. I forget, but I think you need 100 pts to get another green one. The old system was a pain in the ***, IMO, and let people send you red (negative) and green (positive) chicklets to people. It really just caused problems.

Usually the comment is the beginning of the post you made. Try clicking on the link with the red chicklet to see what post it was related to. If you're really worried, try pm-ing a mod and asking them whats up.

Jack

A

AdrianMills

Full Audioholic

Ignore it; do you really care what some guy somewhere that you'll never meet thinks of you? I think it says more about the people that go to the trouble to give you that negative feedback than it says about you; why isn't responding openly to a post they disagree with enough? Or maybe they are too lazy or cowardly to do that?

The whole system is just silly.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
A Thanked Post is worth 1 point. Reputations points are dependent on how many posts the "giver" has. Those are the ones that add up quick. If you shoot Sheep a $20 he might show you what an effect the heavy posters have. :D Just be glad he didn't give you the negative.

For what it's worth, I've seen some of your posts and I'm impressed by your knowledge and helpfulness. Your neg rep is from a member. I got put on "probation" cause Clint didn't like what I had to say. I was angry at first (cause I was innocent) :D but I got over it.

Like Jack said, don't worry about it at all. I got 2 of the green things cause I was involved in a weird love fest thread where some heavy posters were passing rep points around while explaining how it all worked.
I feel dirty now. :confused: :eek:

Edit: Just saw mikec's post. Shame, shame, shame ....
Still, don't worry. This too will pass. Stick around, you might need something later on.

Last edited:
mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
hey midcow, if you explain the post you made in the other thread, maybe people would understand you. and give you back green chicklets. to be honest, your post there was a bit incomplete leaving a lot to be assumed.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Mudshark: :Dthats funny my wife just came down and saw me on AH and my wife says the same thing..she actually looked at the post I was reading. Perfect timing......

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Me thinks...

AV = Avaserfi.

If you're going to post, be prepared to get a negative chicklet and take the criticism. If you can't handle that, I'm sure a moderator can show you the door.

SheepStar

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Me thinks...

AV = Avaserfi.

If you're going to post, be prepared to get a negative chicklet and take the criticism. If you can't handle that, I'm sure a moderator can show you the door.

SheepStar
I got a fin says it wasn't Andrew.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
I don't recall leaving a chicklet for midcow, but that is how I typically sign all chicklets I leave positive or negative. I would likely have given a more valid reason for leaving such a chicklet.

As far as chicklets go you get a new one every 100 points up until 500 points where it seems they start to arrive in 200 point increments. They are also meaningless and fairly stupid ;). Don't get caught up in it.

Last edited:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I don't recall leaving a chicklet for midcow, but that is how I typically sign all chicklets I leave positive or negative. I would likely have given a more valid reason for leaving such a chicklet.

As far as chicklets go you get a new one every 100 points up until 500 points where it seems they start to arrive in 200 point increments. They are also meaningless and fairly stupid ;). Don't get caught up in it.
QTF.

SheepStar

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh.

It doesn't sound like something he'd say. He's pure!

SheepStar
That made me laugh. :D Actually even though that is not what I said, it is pretty much what I thought. I wasn't aware of that being his shorthand user name for rep comments either. I figured that he would tell the person why they were wrong in the thread.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
That made me laugh. :D Actually even though that is not what I said, it is pretty much what I thought. I wasn't aware of that being his shorthand user name for rep comments either. I figured that he would tell the person why they were wrong in the thread.
You should call WmAx a pin head. He will get out a measuring tape, measure the circumference of his head, measure a pin, and reply, stating the difference. It's great Wholesome fun!

SheepStar (time to put the Jager down...)

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
You should call WmAx a pin head. He will get out a measuring tape, measure the circumference of his head, measure a pin, and reply, stating the difference. It's great Wholesome fun!

SheepStar (time to put the Jager down...)
That's a fair description of a lot of us.

Here's an example: I'm preparing to put down porcelain tile. The tile guy, who is very knowledgeable, tells me that the floor doesn't have to be 'level' it has to be 'flat'. What the h!ll does that mean? There is no such thing as level or flat - only approximations within some tolerance. As it turns out, it has to have a slope of no more than 10 degrees over 4 feet otherwise they have to use some kind of leveling compound to get it within that spec. How many people even think about that kind of minutiae? Only goobers like me who want to make it the 'best' it can be...

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
That's a fair description of a lot of us.

Here's an example: I'm preparing to put down porcelain tile. The tile guy, who is very knowledgeable, tells me that the floor doesn't have to be 'level' it has to be 'flat'. What the h!ll does that mean? There is no such thing as level or flat - only approximations within some tolerance. As it turns out, it has to have a slope of no more than 10 degrees over 4 feet otherwise they have to use some kind of leveling compound to get it within that spec. How many people even think about that kind of minutiae? Only goobers like me who want to make it the 'best' it can be...
And there you go...another thread going completely to another direction in only 2 pages...:D Not that i mind but sometimes i find it amusing.

Anyway, "cow" (forgot ur full id), don't worry bout the chicklets thing. I've been here to see many "senior" members of the forum got worse name. If you can't take it like a gentleman, then you might not find yourself suitable in any online forum...;)Sooner or later, someone might just wanna call you that just to piss you off...

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
And there you go...another thread going completely to another direction in only 2 pages...:D Not that i mind but sometimes i find it amusing.

Anyway, "cow" (forgot ur full id), don't worry bout the chicklets thing. I've been here to see many "senior" members of the forum got worse name. If you can't take it like a gentleman, then you might not find yourself suitable in any online forum...;)Sooner or later, someone might just wanna call you that just to piss you off...
Well.. if you want to fudge the numbers, set it to 40 posts per page. Then it can be off topic on the first page!

When a thread is about Rep.. prepare for the worst.

SheepStar

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
Well.. if you want to fudge the numbers, set it to 40 posts per page. Then it can be off topic on the first page!

When a thread is about Rep.. prepare for the worst.

SheepStar
Hah...i don't really care anyway...:D It's the mod that usually has the problem with it..:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis