Official CES 2006 Expo News and Coverage Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

arwe

Audiophyte
I've checked the CES coverage page many times but I don't see any indication of ongoing coverage, i.e. nothing seems to have changed in over 24 hours. What am I missing?

A

AustinC

Audiophyte
Do they say when the AVR-2807 will be for sale. I just bought the new SVS speakers and I need a receiver for them. I was thinking about the new Outlaw, but I will wait if this thing will be out in say February or March.

HookedOnSound

HookedOnSound

Full Audioholic
If it's not too much trouble, any chance you can look at:

1. HTPC products (outside the norm and really cool but not too expensive)
2. Power conditioning products geared towards HT.

Either way, hope you guys have a good and safe trip.

Don't skip the hospitality suites ;)

Thanks,

Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
Usually stuff gets posted later towards midnight etc when these guys get back to their rooms..

There is lots of alcohol here to so expect errors and typos :D

"The Pioneer BD-ROM playyyyerr er can play lots of Higher Definition Discks and was rearrry net... " LMAO

~Bob

F

Fatcat2

Audiophyte
This originally posted in the CES 2005 thread by mistake so I'm re-posting it here.

Dear Audioholics staff.
I was wondering if Onkyo had a display at CES this year.
If so, could someone drop in and ask if they have any new upgrades or add in cards scheduled for release for their TX-NR1000 flagship reciever? I have one of these and I love it but Onkyo has been fairly tight-lipped about any upgrades or additions to the features. In light of the recent firmware upgrades that Denon has announced for their recievers I'm really curious to know if Onkyo has anything up their sleeves or not.
You guys do great work, please keep it up!

D

danphx

Audiophyte
I'd like to know what new speaker products Mirage is showing. Martin has been hinting in the Mirage owner's forum that something special was being kept quiet until CES.

Thanks!

N

navsu

Enthusiast
Me too!

arwe said:
I've checked the CES coverage page many times but I don't see any indication of ongoing coverage, i.e. nothing seems to have changed in over 24 hours. What am I missing?
:confused:

I thought we would have a inital clue as to the biggest deals and displays.

T

TWinbrook46636

Audiophyte
I don't get it either. Already day 2 is over and there's nothing new that has been posted. The "Daily" Diary is still empty for both days 1 and 2. Same goes for coverage over at AVS. Nothing at all there. I guess it's not the most exciting CES but there's got to be something new to show, right?

J

jacobms1

Enthusiast
I'm glad it's not just me going crazy waiting for more juicy info. I must have checked this site like 100 times today. The guys must be seeing so much stuff that they haven't had time to post yet! ...At least I hope that's the case. engadget.com has had a lot of pics and stuff to help tide you over although it isn't strictly a/v stuff.

N

navsu

Enthusiast
Wow Dude!

jacobms1 said:
I'm glad it's not just me going crazy waiting for more juicy info. I must have checked this site like 100 times today. The guys must be seeing so much stuff that they haven't had time to post yet! ...At least I hope that's the case. engadget.com has had a lot of pics and stuff to help tide you over although it isn't strictly a/v stuff.
:confused:
Something must be wrong as that engadget site has a lot og cool stuff on it from the show. Thanks for the post...

A

arwe

Audiophyte
Yes, look at engadget.com. Very nice coverage! Audioholics, where are you?

K

Krobar

Enthusiast
Nice coverage so far, I was very interested in the info on Pioneers Blu player, do you know if it has an I-Link output?

Just like Fatcat2 I'd also really like to know what Onkyo/Integra has up their sleeves for their modular recievers/prepro.

J

John L

Audiophyte
How about any info on Hitachi's new line of 55" plamas. Especially their 1080P 55" they're showing at the show.

Thank you.

J

John L

Audiophyte
How about any info on Hitachi's new line of 55" plasmas. Especially their 1080P 55" they're showing at the show.

Thanks.

N

navsu

Enthusiast
In search of answers

:confused: It seems to me that our guys are having some kind of trouble with their feed, up-link from the show. How about the rest of you addicts? This is not a ***** (im too new) But whats the view from the Xperts, WUZ UP...:confused:

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
"Music servers" like the Olive Symphony and Squeezebox and the recently featured Yamaha (anything new and interesting?). All in one remotes or other wireless system controllers (especially for whole house or "out of sight" systems). Room EQ/optimization systems like the Audyssey. Room treatments (diffusers, absorbers etc.)

And pictures of hot booth babes! :cool:

K

kdiddy

Audioholic Intern
Emusica said:
If there is any info on this:
Xbox 360: a little birdie told me that another HD version will be out in the spring. What about the current version, will the owners just be stuck with a device that can't do HD DVD or will it be upgradeable? I'm not even sure if Microsoft will have any info about it.

When will the first wave of HD players be out? (besides the pioneer pc version)
Will they be boxed with HDMI/DVI cables? (Am I stupid for even asking?)
What is the price range of the HD movies?
I'm sure they will be backwards compatible with current DVD's, yes?
Sorry I can't come up with anything more specific, I had a bunch of stuff but I just can't remember right now.....:confused:

There is not a new version coming out. There will be an add on drive available as an accessory. Price TBA.

S

splaza1

Audiophyte
CES info request

Hi Ray,
Please check on Epson's new 55 & 65" lcd monitors. I know they have 1080p
on HDMI and component. check vga, and give an opinion on how they look.

Thanks in advance

Splaza1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis