Official CES 2006 Expo News and Coverage Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This infamous Samsung AV-R3000 receiver has now officially been covered in our show reports for the 2005 CES, 2005 CEDIA and of course this year's 2006 CES Expo. By now this receiver is legendary - as much for it's never ending target of features as for its inability to successfully make it to the retail or dealer markets. Much to our surprise, people on our forums are still asking about this elusive receiver. Well, we're here to please...

Latest Update

RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
:d
LOL
Tom can hold his breath for a long time. I know this becuase he watched over my tennis shoes :)

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
RLA said:
:d
LOL
Tom can hold his breath for a long time. I know this becuase he watched over my tennis shoes :)
I'm still trying to get the stink off my hands..."I swear, I just bought them Tom"...yeah, right...

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
CES 2006 Blunders, Deceptions and Other Goofs

While we enjoyed ourselves at CES this year (in the way that people who get 2 hours of sleep and like to spend 20 hours a day on their feet define enjoyment) there were a number of booths and demos which fell under one of the following categories:

they failed to impress​
they were intellectually dishonest in making a point or comparison
they were just downright silly​

I'd like to give just a few examples of this from particular booths and demos I experienced at this year's 2006 CES Expo in the hopes that future attendees are not duped or otherwise disillusioned into thinking something is one way, when it is, in fact, not.

> Read the Complete Report <

Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
Opera Callas Tebaldi

Bipolar designed speakers are so awesome, and people always ask why I support Definitive..

~Bob

MarkSJohnson

MarkSJohnson

Junior Audioholic
there were a number of booths and demos which fell under one of the following categories
This report was so good, all by itself it'll make me spend more time on the Audioholics site! It's so rare to see someone take a public stand against the crap in the industry! Great job! :D

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Sinsemilla said:
Sony must have had PS3 there, any news on that?
The only PS3 I saw was under glass at the Blu-ray booth. No sign of it as the Sony booth.

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
gene said:
While we enjoyed ourselves at CES this year (in the way that people who get 2 hours of sleep and like to spend 20 hours a day on their feet define enjoyment) there were a number of booths and demos which fell under one of the following categories:

they failed to impress​
they were intellectually dishonest in making a point or comparison
they were just downright silly​

I'd like to give just a few examples of this from particular booths and demos I experienced at this year's 2006 CES Expo in the hopes that future attendees are not duped or otherwise disillusioned into thinking something is one way, when it is, in fact, not.
Nice job cutting through the BS guys.

Sometimes people want to know exactly what's gong through our minds while we're at these trade shows... Well, Jeff Lawson happened to snap a shot that pretty much sums it up...

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Thanks for posting the worlds worst picture of me...or the reason I'm so bitter and sarcastic...hmm...no one going to believe I'm married now.

Thunder18

Thunder18

Senior Audioholic
Did you guys get a look at the Toshiba Surface-conduction Electron-emitter Displays?

At least one other site is touting them as Plasma/lcd killers. Prototypes are running 10,000:1 contrast ratios with production units coming later in the year running 100,000:1 contrast ratios.

Flat as a Plasma/LCD but with better image quality than the best quality CRT.

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
RLA said:
At least you're in the picture:rolleyes:
Yeah, how much did it cost you to have Jeff exclude you? He just said that I couldn't afford it...

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Clint DeBoer said:
Hey, I figured I could get away with it since I came across looking like a used car salesman...
Haha, so true.

I see Mr.Andry is the pack mule, carrying around the bags. :p

BTW, why is it that Gene is either Mr.Serious, or growling at the camera? I have never seen just a plain old smile..

SheepStar

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis