unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
Obama has asked for a civilian militia, as well funded, trained and armed as the U.S. military. I wonder why. :confused: Why does he want to do that? And just who are they going to fight? You? Me? The U.S. military? Hmmm.
Thank you for you post!! On the Civilian Militia....the notion kinda reminds me of Hitlers personal army. It also could be a ploy to attack the 2nd Ammendment rights, by saying "we have a well armed civilian militia" so all other guns have to go. I think the 2nd ammendment was included to give the people the right to defend themselves against a corrupt .gov very much like what our fore fathers came to this land to escape. This is a great thread.....:D

Peace,
Tommy

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Thank you for you post!! On the Civilian Militia....the notion kinda reminds me of Hitlers personal army. It also could be a ploy to attack the 2nd Ammendment rights, by saying "we have a well armed civilian militia" so all other guns have to go. I think the 2nd amendment was included to give the people the right to defend themselves against a corrupt .gov very much like what our fore fathers came to this land to escape. This is a great thread.....:D

Peace,
Tommy
It's important to remember that the purpose of the second amendment was for the population to be able to rise up against their own gov't when the gov't grew so large and invasive as to deprive citizens of their liberty and property due to the greed, corruption and social ambitions of politicians. If you read Jefferson's and other's writings at the time of the constitution, you will see that they fully expected that their newly formed gov't would eventually grow in size, avarice and corruption until it no longer served the best interests of the nation, at which time it would need to be replaced by the people, by force if necessary. Perhaps some of you will remember this quote, "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" by Thomas Jefferson

The second amendment has nothing to do with hunting or protecting your homes from criminals. It is all about defending your rights and property from your own government.

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
It's important to remember that the purpose of the second amendment was for the population to be able to rise up against their own gov't when the gov't grew so large and invasive as to deprive citizens of their liberty and property due to the greed, corruption and social ambitions of politicians. If you read Jefferson's and other's writings at the time of the constitution, you will see that they fully expected that their newly formed gov't would eventually grow in size, avarice and corruption until it no longer served the best interests of the nation, at which time it would need to be replaced by the people, by force if necessary. Perhaps some of you will remember this quote, "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" by Thomas Jefferson

The second amendment has nothing to do with hunting or protecting your homes from criminals. It is all about defending your rights and property from your own government.
That is exactly what i was eluding to in my post...You have a way of putting it eloquently. :D

Matt34

Matt34

And that was a good plan for 1791. I wonder what the people who adopted that amendment would think about all the gun dead that have come from their amendment? And whether they would think that that amendment is really a good idea now?
I wonder what they would think of the fed governments out of control spending, rampant takeover of private business, patriot act, career politicians, border security and the automobile....which btw kill more people per year than firearms.

majorloser

majorloser

I wonder what they would think of the fed governments out of control spending, rampant takeover of private business, patriot act, career politicians, border security and the automobile....which btw kill more people per year than firearms.
Our founding fathers would most likely declare independence from this government. And I'm quite sure they would be ashamed of the states they once represented.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
YES, I finally have a good/decent/slightly related reason to post this.:D

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Obama has asked for a civilian militia, as well funded, trained and armed as the U.S. military. I wonder why. :confused: Why does he want to do that? And just who are they going to fight? You? Me? The U.S. military? Hmmm.
As bad as this sounds, this quote has kept me awake at 2:30AM when I need to be to work at 7AM.

Yes, Obama's domestic federal militia will be armed soldiers stationed in or near major American cities, trained to suppress American citizens in American cities and equipped with all the necessary modern military equipment to conquer and kill Americans. What other purpose could a domestic federal army have given the existing presence of US Armed Forces, State Reserve Troops, Homeland Security, FBI, CIA, etc., not to mention local municipal, county and state police.

What made me think of this so long is a comment I made earlier about what part of Obama's agenda he hasn't told the American public yet. Perhaps there is something in his long term agenda that he fears will cause a violent uprising of citizens against their gov't. Let's face it, most revolutions happen quickly. They must because the element of surprise is their greatest weapon. When a gov't is about to turn on it's people, it will happen quickly. The people will not be prepared...but the gov't will.

Not only that, but now that Obama has publicly declared his desire for a domestic federal militia, you had better believe that somebody in his administration is quietly working on a plan, a draft of legislation, lobbying or coercing politicians and/or any and all steps necessary to bring this to fruition. No politician, Obama included, would publicly state the need to have a domestic army AIMED AT THEIR OWN CITIZENS unless they believed they had the political or coercive power to make that happen.

You may not hear of this policy again until it is a done deal so take Obama's initial comments as a warning and be afraid. Be very afraid.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
And that was a good plan for 1791. I wonder what the people who adopted that amendment would think about all the gun dead that have come from their amendment? And whether they would think that that amendment is really a good idea now?
Since they weren't fools; I'm sure that didn't blame inanimate objects then, and wouldn't now.

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
Why does it bother you so much that people own guns?

The town-hall meetings went down without anyone getting killed didnt they? I will go out on a limb a say that there were far more guns present a town hall meetings that you didnt see.

The states that allow open carry are the only ones that were seen and talked about. I concealed carried at our town-hall. i didnt shoot anyone. The fact is, it is the right of others to own firearms.

Im sure that there are dozens of things you do that others dont agree with, but its your right.

I would fight for your right, to do anything that is within your right to do, even if i detest what it is that your doing.

Thats what makes this Country better than any of the ones you mentioned in your previous post with the AK-47 scenario.

Peace,
Tommy

Last edited:
Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Scary world, I doubt Obama will be re-elected. That is assuming that people aren't terrified of him by the end of his term.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis