Obama bows to Saudi king?!?!?!?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Yeah, bush's arrogance went over real well with the rest of the world didn't it? Gimme a break. :rolleyes:
I think it was more a case of Bush standing his ground and less arrogance. A President who shows weakness will be bullied by any leader who is able to. Sure, make up for past transgressions but don't make the others into the Alpha male.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
There is a potential upside to Obama deferring to the Saudi king. By giving the impression, real or imagined, that the Saudi's have dominance over the U.S., it may cause other mid-east states to fall in behind the Saudis creating a sort of "Saudi Bloc". While the Saudis are just as repressive and brutally misogyinistic as the next fundamentalist regime, they are at least nominally friendly to the U.S. This is a stronger and safer alternative to allowing a coalition of fundamentalist states to form around Syria or Iran.

In geopolitical terms, it's not a bad idea to cede local hegemony of Iraq, Egypt, Syria, Pakistan, Lebanon, etc to the Saudis to counter the influence of the Russia, Iran, Cuba, Venezuela alliance that has been developing. I don't think this is what Obama's advisers had in mind, but it could play out in the U.S.'s favor.

Look at me, defending Obama. Because even the silly or wrong things a leader does can be made into a positive.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Milk does a body good. You should brush after every meal too.........

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, bush's arrogance went over real well with the rest of the world didn't it? Gimme a break. :rolleyes:
.....Bush didn't appear to be arrogant, Darien....he appeared to be frustrated over the desire to get back to his coloring books....didn't his own mother say he wasn't bright enough to be president?.....

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
.....Bush didn't appear to be arrogant, Darien....he appeared to be frustrated over the desire to get back to his coloring books....didn't his own mother say he wasn't bright enough to be president?.....
Doh!

Nice one Mulester

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
It's not very logical or productive to respond in such a way to another person's views.
Sorry Seth, but I wasn't trying to be productive by starting this thread. Unfortunately, the majority of political threads started here are pretty pointless and unproductive. They invariably devolve into a "Democrats suck!" "No Republicans suck!" shouting match.

I was merely venting my frustration at Buckeye Nut's daily "Obama sucks" threads.

And now, back to the pointless banter, "I think muffin-tops are sexy." :p

annunaki

annunaki

They invariably devolve into a "Democrats suck!" "No Republicans suck!" shouting match.
Thus is the plan of a politically elite class to "divide and conquer" a free nation where the people have the power, but fail to realize it and unite.

I have no issues with someone who has different beliefs/views than I as long as we can all agree that freedom is what is most important and still get along at the end of the day. After all we are ALL Americans.

The biggest issue that many have with Obama is his outright push to socialze the nation. They/he are not even hiding it. People are swallowing it hook line and sinker because "he's not Bush or a republican", it is "change", and they really do not care about politics.

There in lies the problem. Before many realize it, they will be under the full foot of government control in every aspect of their lives.

People need to forget the labels "demican" and "republicrat" and start voting in non-career politicians. Underdogs, if you will. Real people who will stand up for the citizenry and the constitution of their country. Educate your fellow man/woman to the facade that is the two party system.

This happens at all levels of government right down to your county/town/city board memebers. The citizens of this country can bring about real change if they realize they are in charge.

vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
Thus is the plan of a politically elite class to "divide and conquer" a free nation where the people have the power, but fail to realize it and unite.

I have no issues with someone who has different beliefs/views than I as long as we can all agree that freedom is what is most important and still get along at the end of the day. After all we are ALL Americans.

The biggest issue that many have with Obama is his outright push to socialze the nation. They/he are not even hiding it. People are swallowing it hook line and sinker because "he's not Bush or a republican", it is "change", and they really do not care about politics.

There in lies the problem. Before many realize it, they will be under the full foot of government control in every aspect of their lives.

People need to forget the labels "demican" and "republicrat" and start voting in non-career politicians. Underdogs, if you will. Real people who will stand up for the citizenry and the constitution of their country. Educate your fellow man/woman to the facade that is the two party system.

This happens at all levels of government right down to your county/town/city board memebers. The citizens of this country can bring about real change if they realize they are in charge.
I could not have said it better:D

Shock

Shock

Audioholic General
The only time Chuck Norris bows is when he bends over to check the absent pulse of his lastest victim.

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
I don't see what is wrong with the Messiah bowing?

We need to support our president and his Marxist agenda!!

It's unpatriotic to do otherwise!!
:p

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
The news media acts in a ramble rousing manner because sensational stories sell today and improve ratings today. How many people today remember the Mrs. Obama related sensational "touching The Queen" news? None. The news media was abuzz with the Obama family visiting The Queen. There was talk of protocols and what not to do and how to do what not. If Mrs. Obama's dress sleeve length was news worthy by way of "sleeveless will break protocol", why is kissing the hand of the Saudi Arab monarch such a bid deal? Because it is sensational AND it can be given a USA vs Muslim World spin making it even more melodramatic and captivating. People need to think for themselves rather than be so used to being spoon-fed BS that it starts tasting good.

Someone in a previous post said, it is about policies not protocol. Economics and politics control how the world turns. Everything else is BS and if you believe otherwise, you need to un-screen that vision and un-prejudice that brain. Be emancipated, don't just believe that you are.

In today's economic climate, while in your "elevated thinking" mood, if you are worried about anything other than the recovery of the GLOBAL economy, you are being selfish. On a more personal level, if you are worried about anything other than your economic security, you are being foolish.

If you are one of the fortunate, insulated from the economic meltdown, try philanthropy.

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
We as Americans need to bow down to the rest of the civilized world to ask for forgiveness for our past imperialistic ways. Our arrogance is what is wrong with this world, and Obama is the man that can bring respect back the the red/white/and blue..........Obama was right to bend over deep at the waist.......and bow.

why the fuss?
:)

If we submit, we can be popular in Europe and radical Muslim terrorists will lose their will to fight. Doing so is a Win/win!!

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
We as Americans need to bow down to the rest of the civilized world to ask for forgiveness for our past imperialistic ways. Our arrogance is what is wrong with this world, and Obama is the man that can bring respect back the the red/white/and blue..........Obama was right to bend over deep at the waist.......and bow.

why the fuss?

If we submit, we can be popular in Europe and radical Muslim terrorists will lose their will to fight. Doing so is a Win/win!!
Glad you've finally come around and are acknowledging Obama's greatness. :rolleyes:

You're just mad I brought this up before you got a chance to. :p

J

JLMEMT

Junior Audioholic
There is a potential upside to Obama deferring to the Saudi king. By giving the impression, real or imagined, that the Saudi's have dominance over the U.S., it may cause other mid-east states to fall in behind the Saudis creating a sort of "Saudi Bloc". While the Saudis are just as repressive and brutally misogyinistic as the next fundamentalist regime, they are at least nominally friendly to the U.S. This is a stronger and safer alternative to allowing a coalition of fundamentalist states to form around Syria or Iran.

In geopolitical terms, it's not a bad idea to cede local hegemony of Iraq, Egypt, Syria, Pakistan, Lebanon, etc to the Saudis to counter the influence of the Russia, Iran, Cuba, Venezuela alliance that has been developing. I don't think this is what Obama's advisers had in mind, but it could play out in the U.S.'s favor.

Look at me, defending Obama. Because even the silly or wrong things a leader does can be made into a positive.

Good try, but the Saudi's only "like" us because they want us on their side. It is always good to be friends with the big guy on the block.

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai

.....Moderator Annunaki, I take exception with what you say is going on....fox-news, the total hypocrite/IDIOT rash limbo, and republican blog-sites have been after Obama since he first announced he would run....all the above mentioned, have smeared him with OUTRIGHT LIES and HALF-TRUTHS the WHOLE time....you can bet your LUNGS, higher-up republicans are ANGRY because they're in no position to STEAL big monies with the current arrangement....THAT'S the main problem I see....some of you Guys need to stop reaching out from under the covers and punching the snooze-alarm so you can sweetly dream some more about the email forwarded to you from some HORSESHIT republican blog-site.....

People need to forget the labels "demican" and "republicrat" and start voting in non-career politicians. Underdogs, if you will.
.....and when has that ever happened?....but yes, at this point, stressing Obama needs to be voted out next time, seems to be the theme of the republican party, doesn't it?....I say again, Greed is a Sickness, and is a SIN against fellow men, imo, when it involves the hoarding of money by unscrupulous means....(stepping down from my tree stump)....(no cows involved).....

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Good try, but the Saudi's only "like" us because they want us on their side. It is always good to be friends with the big guy on the block.
Sorry. So much for trying to put a positive spin on Obama's blunders.

T

tcarcio

Audioholic General

why the fuss?

Wow, If you hate America so much why don't you just leave. In this country you are still free to do so, not like in some countries you think the leader of the free world should bow to. Your post is not only wrong it is unamerican, but you have the right to your opinion as misguided as it is.:eek:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis