Newbie here for some help on everything really. Jumping into HTS world.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Audyssey is a complex algorithm I am sure, but it is very easy to run and is simple to use, so don't be intimidated by it. Just read the instructions, and it will only take 10 minutes at the most.

I

itsAllGreek

Enthusiast
Yeah I know it's not the best scenario but this was the first house I ever owned or lived in that was mine so "you live and you learn".

The center channel is actually going to be right below the TV so at least the voices will be coming from the TV area. My cabinet maker who created the area where the TV is now is going to create an opening right under the TV in the middle for the center channel. As far as the rest of the "surround sound" experience...the way I look at it (silver lining) it will be better than the 2 little 4 inch speakers that came with my Sony XBR in 1996 that I've been listening to since then.

At any rate the installer will be here tomorrow at 12 so I'll see what he says about the "foundation" my builder left me.

Thanks for taking time to comment.

I

itsAllGreek

Enthusiast
OK sounds good. I purchased the Denon so I'm good to go.

I

itsAllGreek

Enthusiast
The installers are here and they say the Videusec mounts that I got don't allow you to "direct" the speakers and they will just have to point where it is aimed.

I

itsAllGreek

Enthusiast
Disregard that last comment about the mounts not allowing you to "aim" them. I looked it up online and showed it to the guy because I knew I had read that in one of the reviews.

Thanks.

I

itsAllGreek

Enthusiast
Just wanted to let you know that I got all of that installed and I love the system. The reason I haven't written back sooner is because probably about a couple weeks after I received the system and had it installed one of the speakers that was mounted on my walls fell. Of course this was the speaker above the subwoofer so both were damaged. It happened at around 5 am and scared me half to death. I don't know if the sub vibration had made it loose or if it was just a shody install. Bestbuy did the installation and they came out to look at it after the speaker fell. They said they would have their insurance repair or replace both the speakers that were affected and they recommended screwing in the speakers b/c they are so large. What do you think about that? I called HSU and they said that it wouldn't effect the sound as long as they didn't puncture anything on the inside.

I'm still waiting for Bestbuy to get back to me to fix everything...this has been a 4 week long fiasco with them. Customer service does not seem to be their forte.

Thanks.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
You shouldn't need to screw in the speakers, I have used that same mount on that same speaker, but I suppose if it is at a severe enough angle, the clamps might not be exerting enough force to hold it. Perhaps the clamps weren't tightened enough? Anyway, it won't hurt to screw the speaker in, and the peace of mind that will bring is probably worth the holes in the speaker.

I

itsAllGreek

Enthusiast
Yeah I don't know. I think you're right that they don't have to be screwed in but just to be on the safe side and not to worry about it since I do have a 4 year old walking around I will just have them to screw them in.

Thanks

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis