New House , Finally go dedicated !

PSWii60

PSWii60

Full Audioholic
I noticed that we both have the same Sub.(Aperion Audio Intimus S-12) I've never seen a review on any of the Aperion Subs here on AH. So since I love the way mine performs, I would like to get your opinions on it's performance.(pluses, minuses, etc..) Also, would you mind listing what you have the 3 settings set to, on the back of your sub?
Thanks alot! :D Joe B.
I usually keep the level between 1/4 and 1/2 depending on the source and the decoding. I have the crossover all the way to max because I let my receiver crossover at 80Hz, and my phase is set at 0. I have played around with the phase adjustment but I just don't notice any difference:confused:.

PSWii60

PSWii60

Full Audioholic
Okay. He hasn't posted since Thursday night, and the speakers were supposed to arrive yesterday...without his wife's knowledge.

RIP, my friend. Your fate was sealed, so I can only hope that the speakers weren't damaged during the carnage.
For crying out loud!! I'm here! I'm Alive!
I arrived back at home from my three week trip Friday to catch UPS just in time for delivery. I've been busy over the weekend so I'm just now getting back online. My wife actually didn't seemed phased by it:). I think she was just so glad to be home from our trip that she didn't care. (Keep in mind shes 7 1/2 months pregnant and our drive home was 8 hours with a 15 month old in the back seat! So she could have cared less:p) Working on getting pics posted now.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Woohoo! Those speakers are gorgeous! Maybe I should go listen to some again. I hated them ten years ago, but darn those are fine.

I'm glad that you're wife was cool with it. The pregnant/hormone, long drive, youngin' in the back seat thing could have gone either way - and one way wouldn't have been pretty. :) I have two sisters in law. One would have reacted like your wife. The other...heck, I've never seen her happy, so I'm sure a raging tsunami would have hit my poor brother. I'm glad that you got the first.

Matt34

Matt34

I really like the clean look of your room, no wires or clutter. When I move, I will take my time and do it right.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
+1 Nice job on the wiring. Heck, nice room all around. Yeah, I'm gonna say it too. Someday I'll do a setup that nice and do a nice job like that on the wiring...someday.

M

mudrummer99

Senior Audioholic
It looks awesome, I want those speakers so badly. Just a quick question, is your right channel leaning in a bit or is it just me/camera angle? (I'm mildly compulsive about stuff like that) Again, great looking setup.

Mike

PSWii60

PSWii60

Full Audioholic
It looks awesome, I want those speakers so badly. Just a quick question, is your right channel leaning in a bit or is it just me/camera angle? (I'm mildly compulsive about stuff like that) Again, great looking setup.

Mike
I went upstairs to check it and it WAS !!:eek: Thanks, Guess I shouldn't drink when trying to level speakers:rolleyes:

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Glad to hear you survived. I think she was in a haze and will come to realize what you have bought.:eek:

They look amazing. Congrats.:)

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Lorena Bobbitt didn't seemed phased when she first heard of the cheating but you know how that turned out...

Crap...why can't I take good pictures like that? Yours look awesome.

My wife actually didn't seemed phased by it:). I think she was just so glad to be home from our trip that she didn't care. (.

PSWii60

PSWii60

Full Audioholic
Now I just need a solid amp to push them:rolleyes: Any suggestions? Right now I'm working with 140x7 into 8ohms. Probably gonna get the CC-690 eventually, so that the front soundstage matches. So I guess a 3ch would be good. Thinking of just letting my receiver do surrounds and surround backs. Are there any Amps that just harmonize well with the 100's?.........Oh, by the way, I'm crossing over at 80hz with all set to small. I wanted 60 but the Pioneer jumps from 80 to 50:confused:. Would 50hz be better or 80? should I leave them set to small?

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
If it were me, I would go with a used rotel if I could find one (or new if you have the budget). I would also be willing to try a Behringer EP2500 with a fan mod if you don't mind the looks of them. Bottom line, is find something in the 200w/ch range.
http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ampsmult&1228424401

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ampsmult&1229265182

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ampsmult&1229701964&/Sunfire-Cinema-Grand

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ampsmult&1229395930&/Rotel-RMB-1095

80hz is a good crossover for the 100's (I use 60) and yes, leave them at small.

Last edited:
ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Or I can give you a good deal on a 3 channel EMO MPS1.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Now I just need a solid amp to push them:rolleyes: Any suggestions? Right now I'm working with 140x7 into 8ohms. Probably gonna get the CC-690 eventually, so that the front soundstage matches. So I guess a 3ch would be good. Thinking of just letting my receiver do surrounds and surround backs. Are there any Amps that just harmonize well with the 100's?.........Oh, by the way, I'm crossing over at 80hz with all set to small. I wanted 60 but the Pioneer jumps from 80 to 50:confused:. Would 50hz be better or 80? should I leave them set to small?
I don't remember if and what I might've said in this thread... but anyways, nice room!

I agree with p-doggie in running as small... but between 50/80 Id simply play with both. I had my t55s as 80hz, and now have them as 60, and I think i like it better this way.

as for rotel/'gon, there is no doubt you will find some great deals with shopping around. However, at least I read someone say recently, they are dropping prices heavily because of the rotels ready to come out. You might very well score a great price even as new... less risk and warranty to boot.

example: I got a superceded cambridge 840a integrated for $950 shipped, brand new. (they were making way for the new version, with same model # in fact). Price jumped more than $500 just a month later (this was around February, IIRC)...

ps60, what kind of budget are you working on... I can keep my eyes on the lookout for you...

PSWii60

PSWii60

Full Audioholic
I was looking at the Rotel that Dawg had found. I want to keep it under $1000.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Audiogon has some great stuff as far as multi channel amps go. I really like you rrig now with the 100s...Very nice

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Well....

Anthem PVA MCA-3 (3 ch)
http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ampsmult&1229023616&/Anthem-MCA-30-Black

Outlaw monoblocks come and go fast. usually 225 per. only one for now, but saw more recently
http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ampstran&1227731803&/Outlaw-Audio-Model-2200-monobl

NAD T955 (5 ch) only 100w/ch, but 2ohm stable (260w).
http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ampsmult&1230136806&/NAD-T955-New-with-Warranty---f

don't forget about pro amps that are very affordable as well (I don't know if you are staying away from those, and if you said so, I didn't see, sorry).

now, some like PENG will say the 2.5 ohm minimum at 104hz shouldn't be of much concern if the Paradigm rated it as 8 ohm nominal. Then someone like TLS guy will say the minimal is the only one that matters. Some like fmw will say you probably don't need more than 10w. Then some like Paul Scarpelli will say having 300w for the HT is a good thing. Anyways... I'm going to side with cfrizz, and say that ya might as well get as much power for the money as you're going to spend. Ya never know if you change speakers... and so what if there's unused power. Better peace of mind I suppose.

cheers.

edit: btw, I would try* to ask for less on the Anthem . . .

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis