New House , Finally go dedicated !

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Brown? that would be my camera white balance if your seeing brown. Benjamin Moore flat black on front wall and ceiling. Ralph Lauren Riverrock Grey (can't remember exact color shade) on side walls and back wall. River rock finish is cool, because it has a "sandy" or "sand paper" look and texture to it. really neat but took three frickin coats to get it nice and even.
Oh well, either way it is a very nice set-up. Has a nice relaxed feel to it. The colors look very well coordinated. I can also tell you have worked very hard on it. Just keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Phil

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
New House , Finally go dedicated
Hello, and Welcome to Audioholics. My name is Mazer, and I just wanted to tell you I don't like you. :eek:

I hate guys with "Dedicated Rooms". You all think your big, and bad. Well I have news for you. I'm going to go sit in my acoustic nightmare of a Family/HT room, and cry. :(

And he also had nice chairs too.

PSWii60

PSWii60

Full Audioholic
Hello, and Welcome to Audioholics. My name is Mazer, and I just wanted to tell you I don't like you. :eek:

I hate guys with "Dedicated Rooms". You all think your big, and bad. Well I have news for you. I'm going to go sit in my acoustic nightmare of a Family/HT room, and cry. :(

And he also had nice chairs too.
Sounds like something Tom would say on AVRant. He's like the Simon Cowell of podcasts. He says what everyone else is thinking, but is afraid to say. Gotta respect that!

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
A spectacular home theater. You probably get a little bit of a rush everytime you take that first step into the room.:D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
All that room and only 3 seats?!? Selfish Bast***! :p:D

Nice clean setup, add another sub. :)

SheepStar

PSWii60

PSWii60

Full Audioholic
All that room and only 3 seats?!? Selfish Bast***! :p:D

Nice clean setup, add another sub. :)

SheepStar
Theres two more that have been added behind those, but at the time these pictures were taken, they haden't been delivered. It takes Berkline a looooooong time to fill orders. The row you see in the pictures I purchased right off the showroom floor, I ordered two additional seats the same day, but Berkline had to make and ship them.

PSWii60

PSWii60

Full Audioholic
Here Are The Before Pictures

As promissed; construction pictures. ;)

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
As promissed; construction pictures. ;)

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Oh man, kinda spooky in that it has that Ammityville look............LOL!!!! :p:p No really, I can see that you have worked your a$$ off. Must say, a job well done at that. Keep up the good work. OK, now I am envious. ;);)

Cheers,

Phil

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Do the angled ceilings give you any problems with the room acoustics? Seems like they might add a degree of reflection in the setup that isn't typically accounted for with normal speaker placements - just curious, I'm sure it sounds great regardless! :D Fantastic job my friend, and don't worry about Mazer's post - he simply forgot to take his pills that day. :D :p I'm just as jealous as everyone else... :(

PSWii60

PSWii60

Full Audioholic
I'm not really sure if the angled ceilings affect the acousics however, I just bought another bundle of mineral wool last week so I'm making 8 more to go on the slant walls (4 each side) staggerd to what already exists. So I'll let you know if I notice a difference. I can tell you for sure that adding what you see in the pictures made a drastic difference. Im looking to get some Owens Corning 703 to construct super chunks for the corners. I think that whould actually make a huge difference in my bass response, I just don't want to overdo it to where I start sacrificing the asthetics of the room. I guess just one thing at a time.

PSWii60

PSWii60

Full Audioholic
My Paradigms shipped out today. Should be seing them on Friday. Which ironically will probably be the day my wife walks out on me......shhh....she has no idea

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I "went there" right before Highlander, thought he would have learned from me.

My Wife's response was way worse then I thought it woud be!:eek:
I have been here my friend and it is not a pretty place. Line up a nice dinner and a little gift to lighten the shock.

G

Gatsby191

Audioholic
Never been there... YET

I "went there" right before Highlander, thought he would have learned from me.

My Wife's response was way worse then I thought it woud be!:eek:
I have been divorced since 1995(no children), and even though I've always been an AV FREAK, I didn't get myself heavily invested into this Great hobby until 7 or 8 years ago.
Sometimes I find myself feeling like I might be better off if I found myself a nice "Main Squeeze" again, and maybe even get married again some day. I have always wanted kids too.
But, whenever those feelings come over me now-a-days, I just go to my favorite place(Audioholics.com), and read stories like the one above, and everything is put right back into perspective for me.
Yikes! :eek:

Seriously though, to all of you guys who are happily married, I meant no offense by this post. I often envy you. I just find myself feeling a little more on the lucky side at times, rather than on the "Poor me" side all the time-when I read the whole WAF thing.
All the best! Joe B.

G

Gatsby191

Audioholic
Your Subwoofer...

My Paradigms shipped out today. Should be seing them on Friday. Which ironically will probably be the day my wife walks out on me......shhh....she has no idea
I noticed that we both have the same Sub.(Aperion Audio Intimus S-12) I've never seen a review on any of the Aperion Subs here on AH. So since I love the way mine performs, I would like to get your opinions on it's performance.(pluses, minuses, etc..) Also, would you mind listing what you have the 3 settings set to, on the back of your sub?
Thanks alot! :D Joe B.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Okay. He hasn't posted since Thursday night, and the speakers were supposed to arrive yesterday...without his wife's knowledge.

RIP, my friend. Your fate was sealed, so I can only hope that the speakers weren't damaged during the carnage.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Guess it went pretty bad for him!
Okay. He hasn't posted since Thursday night, and the speakers were supposed to arrive yesterday...without his wife's knowledge.

RIP, my friend. Your fate was sealed, so I can only hope that the speakers weren't damaged during the carnage.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis