AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
In what way particularly?
Build quality, internal components, better THD/SNR.

I bought a brand new Audiosource amp a long time ago. I could hear buzzing noise from my speakers 6 ft away. Cheap built. Cheap quality.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Build quality, internal components, better THD/SNR.

I bought a brand new Audiosource amp a long time ago. I could hear buzzing noise from my speakers 6 ft away. Cheap built. Cheap quality.
I think I had an Audiosource graphic eq many years ago and thought the brand had gone thru some changes.....don't remember them having amps either.....so dunno. Brands only mean so much over the years and then there's my memory of brand names :) Marantz brand has generally maintained a decent standard even thru all the changes, but their reputation I think is overrated.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think I had an Audiosource graphic eq many years ago and thought the brand had gone thru some changes.....don't remember them having amps either.....so dunno. Brands only mean so much over the years and then there's my memory of brand names :) Marantz brand has generally maintained a decent standard even thru all the changes, but their reputation I think is overrated.
I don’t think the Marantz brand is any better than Denon or Yamaha. These are big time brands with 100+ YR of reputation to uphold. And Yamaha is the biggest audio company in the world. I don’t think the higher cost of Marantz or other brands is justified over a high quality Denon or Yamaha. But In general, not always, we get what we pay for.

Audiosource is just cheap stuff for people starting. The OP just learned that mixing cheap stuff with his Yamaha was the problem. Hopefully he learned his lesson as I learned my lesson many years ago starting out in this hobby. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis