Need new laptop for deployment

Matt34

Matt34

Size isn't that big an issue for me, it will go in a tough box while in transit.

Matt34

Matt34

Size isn't that big an issue for me, it will go in a tough box while in transit.

Well, looks like I'm just going to get a refurbed dell for now. No sense in getting something nice for over in that shithole, I'll save the Sager or ASUS for after the deployment.

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
Just don't get an alienware laptop. I had two: A M15x and a m17x. Both made from the same cheap plastic. The hinges would snap off on both because they were made of superglue and drywall anchors or something. Two of the keys randomly stopped working one, and the other, the casing started to fall off of the screen display. On top of that, it shipped with a game it couldn't even play at low settings. Go figure.

They are just remanufactured Dells now anyway, and those can be had for much less and do the same thing, except not physically break. At $2,500 for each, I would say I wasted my money, and I was only using them to play videogames in the hall between my hour break of college classes.

H

hizzaah

Full Audioholic
As much as I dislike hp custer service, they've got a 25% off coupon for their laptops (except their Spectre and Folio)..

Code: SAVEPRES25

H

hizzaah

Full Audioholic
you never said when you needed this laptop by.. There aren't any coupons for the dell outlet right now, except for the weak Inspiron R series..

There's now a 30% off HP coupon.. I say grab the the Envy 17 3D. Great deal w/ the coupon (~$1150). Comes standard w/ BR, quad core, 750gb HD (you could add your own SSD), and a 7690M switchable gpu. Also you've got a 120hz screen which is nicer for gaming.. That gpu is powerful enough to play Starcraft 2 at 1080p w/ fluid fps..

SAVE30PRES

edit: although now that I think about it, the 7690 is on par with the 555m which is what the dell XPS17 packs. Though, I doubt you'll be getting an xps17 3D w/ the same specs for anywhere near the price of the envy..

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis