Need another vehicle

itschris

itschris

Our daughter took our Audi when she left for college so now my wife and i are sharing our SUV. It's not that big of a deal because we both work at the same company and commute together.

I have a motorcyle, but we definately need another car or something. I'm thinking RangeRover. At the dealer near my house, they have a really nice 2010 RangerRover Sport HSE with very low miles for $60 and it's CPO as well.

My dilemma is do I spend $50-$60 on a new car, or the same amount on a nicer, but used vehicle. I know everyone thinks RangerRovers are junk, but Ive talked to several owners who have had zero problems and believe the issues are waaay over-hyped in the internet world.

At the same time, I'm also thinking of just saying f-it and getting a new Z06 or maybe just even just buying a brand new Rover. That's getting into the $80-$90K range, however, and I'm just not sure I want to drop that much while my daughter's in school. Thoughts?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Why do you need 2nd SUV or for what matter ANY SUV in Florida ??? :eek::eek:
Why not get some mid-life-crisis rear-drive sports car ? For example G37 ? They are really nice

96cobra10101

96cobra10101

Senior Audioholic
Z06? sounds like your slumming. Just get a Lambo or Ferrari.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
At the same time, I'm also thinking of just saying f-it and getting a new Z06 or maybe just even just buying a brand new Rover. That's getting into the $80-$90K range, however, and I'm just not sure I want to drop that much while my daughter's in school. Thoughts?
Well I guess the first thought is: what do you want out of a vehicle? A Z06 and a RangeRover have precious little in common.

Second, if you feel it would potentially overextend your finances to buy "the dream" at this point, or you simply prefer to be conservative, I'd follow that gut instinct rather than risk the remorse/stress that you risk by not.

Third, a low mileage, well cared for CPO vehicle could present a very good value, but it goes back to point one. If your heart yearns for a Z06, don't go for a RangeRover.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Imo if you want a very fun car, while still very usable and without breaking bank Infiniti G37. 327 hp with luxury interior.
0-60 mph about 5.2-5.4 Quarter mile ~ 13.7
priced at $38-45k

CTS is another solid option, start at about 50k

96cobra10101

96cobra10101

Senior Audioholic
Imo if you want a very fun car, while still very usable and without breaking bank Infiniti G37. 327 hp with luxury interior.
0-60 mph about 5.2-5.4 Quarter mile ~ 13.7
priced at $38-45k

CTS is another solid option, start at about 50k
Wife wanted a new car last year. We looked at Benz, Audi, BMW, and Porsche. I am a "buy American" type guy, atleast when possible. Anyway, showed her the CTS coupe and she fell in love. We paid around the mid $40's for it, and we pay 0 maintenance, not even oil changes.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
If you are looking at range rover, look at the evoque. I really like it :D

But I agree with the CTS-V suggestion...also available as a wagon :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
If you need the space, the CTS-V wagon would be the way to go :)

American made doesn't entirely apply these days, since a lot of the companies build cars here these days, regardless of their country of origin.

Soccerkid830

Soccerkid830

Full Audioholic
If you need the space, the CTS-V wagon would be the way to go :)

American made doesn't entirely apply these days, since a lot of the companies build cars here these days, regardless of their country of origin.

CTS-V Wagon is a nice car. The back end isn't very big as I couldn't even fit my T2's in the back. :rolleyes: But really, I did enjoy the car a whole lot. I actually really liked that the headlights swivel as you turn. Nothing big, but pretty neat nonetheless.

But they do look nice, and are real fast (see avatar). The black diamond (metallic black) color looks real sharp on them too.

itschris

itschris

Go away for meetings and come back to two pages!

I clearly do not "need" and SUV for it's all-terrain services. I like the roominess, space for stuff, etc. The Z06 is not a dream car, but I do like them. I like the ZR1 but literally cannot stand the stupid see through square on the hood. It just looks gimmicky and I don't like it.

I'm not stretched financially on getting a new ride, but I'm a financial analyst so numbers and reason play into my decision. Unless you're stupid rich, dropping $60K or more on anything is something you gotta think about.

I like the idea of RangeRover. I've always like them, even way back when. Of course I'm leary of the reputation, but I want to believe the folks I've talked to. I wouldn't pay $100k for one, but $60-$70 for a year or two older one makes more sense I think.

I'm going to the Audi dealer tomorrow to check out the A5 and the A7. I like both of those. I loved our A6 which is now in the hands of my daughter who has no intention of giving it back. There's a nice Caddy dealer on the way... perhaps I'll make an appointment to check them out. I'm not super crazy about the CTS-v, but maybe I just haven't given it enought though.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

I clearly do not "need" and SUV for it's all-terrain services. I like the roominess, space for stuff, etc. The Z06 is not a dream car, but I do like them. I like the ZR1 but literally cannot stand the stupid see through square on the hood. It just looks gimmicky and I don't like it.
It IS a gimmick, but isn't really needed on a car like that. People who have that kind of cash can swap the hood for whatever they like and keep that one in the storage until the time comes to sell it.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja

I'm not stretched financially on getting a new ride, but I'm a financial analyst so numbers and reason play into my decision. Unless you're stupid rich, dropping $60K or more on anything is something you gotta think about.

I like the idea of RangeRover. I've always like them, even way back when. Of course I'm leary of the reputation, but I want to believe the folks I've talked to. I wouldn't pay $100k for one, but $60-$70 for a year or two older one makes more sense I think.

I'm going to the Audi dealer tomorrow to check out the A5 and the A7. I like both of those. I loved our A6 which is now in the hands of my daughter who has no intention of giving it back. There's a nice Caddy dealer on the way... perhaps I'll make an appointment to check them out. I'm not super crazy about the CTS-v, but maybe I just haven't given it enought though.
Well, if you loved your A6, then you should love the A7. It's basically the same thing, only sexier :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Well, if you loved your A6, then you should love the A7. It's basically the same thing, only sexier :D
Yup, and I think the current model's styling is nicer than the A6. R&T said they love their A7 because you get a sedan that is capable of hauling a lot of stuff :)

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
WE just went through something similar, looking for an suv for the winters, and test drove, Range rovers {I liked but the wife didnt} BMW X5, and a few others ended up buying a Wrangler Rubicon {leather, nav, everything one can have msrp was almost 50K} and it seems like a keeper...

But for a toy, I have to say ZL1 all the way, a friend of mine just bought one and it is a nice car for sure...

I sold my copo camaro in June of this year for $79K, the money is sitting in the bank waiting for me to find something...

I just couldnt bring myself to buy a sports car that is going to depreciate so much... I paid $60K for my 39 ford {hot rod, fuel injected crate engine, 4 speed auto, a/c, heated leather, cruise control, ect}, I was offered $75K 4 years after I bought it.. If I was spending 90K on a car I want it to be on its way up in value, not going down...

Im thinking Hemi Cuda a/c convertible car, ford vicki , maybe a really nice 1970 suber bee {has to be a 70 no other year will do...}

I flew accross the country to make an offer on this car and they wouldnt take it.. Brad is a beast to deal with for sure, 3rd party sucks......
Replica/Kit Makes : Superformance Cobra 427 in Replica/Kit Makes | eBay Motors

Heres a couple others..

Dodge : Charger CHARGER 500 in Dodge | eBay Motors

Chevrolet : Camaro Show and Go! in Chevrolet | eBay Motors

This is the car I am saving for if nothing else comes up by summer... It better not sell, lol... I spent 2 hours on the phone with him and a few years back my cousin sold him a cuda for $30K, very good people, hopefully I own his car in a few months...

Dodge : Coronet RT in Dodge | eBay Motors

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis