internetmin

internetmin

Audioholic
How's the Emotiva been in this setup??

Here's my 6 month recap:

Out went the Cinenova Grande and in went an Emotiva XRP-5 amp. Also my Sony Bluray player went to the bedroom and in went an Oppo 93. And lastly my custom center finally arrived today! :D

edoggrc51

edoggrc51

Audioholic
It's been great! It's got tons of headroom yet still very controlled. It doesn't miss a beat. :)

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
For fun, anyone who just clicked over to the last page of this thread should look at the pictures that internetmin quoted of edoggrc51's system then flip back to the OP and compare. The transformation is quite astounding.

internetmin

internetmin

Audioholic
It's been great! It's got tons of headroom yet still very controlled. It doesn't miss a beat. :)
I own the a-100 from Emotiva. Not a bad unit. I'm really curious about the performance of the higher end models from Emotiva and Crown. The review in Stereophile was a good one back last year.

edoggrc51

edoggrc51

Audioholic
For fun, anyone who just clicked over to the last page of this thread should look at the pictures that internetmin quoted of edoggrc51's system then flip back to the OP and compare. The transformation is quite astounding.
It has been quite the journey, to say the least. lol

I own the a-100 from Emotiva. Not a bad unit. I'm really curious about the performance of the higher end models from Emotiva and Crown. The review in Stereophile was a good one back last year.
I've had almost all the Emotiva amps at one point or another. They've all been good. You cant go wrong with any of them, but the XPR line is definitely a step in both SQ and build quality, IMO.

edoggrc51

edoggrc51

Audioholic
I figured, what the hell!

Sold the XPR-5 and picked up a pair of XPR-1's. :D

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
With those mains you probably don't even need that center channel..:) Very nice.

edoggrc51

edoggrc51

Audioholic
With those mains you probably don't even need that center channel..:) Very nice.
Thanks! :)

Yes, the line arrays do an EXCELLENT job of imaging and throwing a HUGE soundstage. But personally i just like the way a center channel anchors the dialog to the screen. Another thing I've noticed since adding the center is that on side to side pans the sound's "movement" is very smooth and seamless.

C

Cygnus

Senior Audioholic
Awesome setup!

I'm confused though. Where did the Denon go? Is it still hooked up? In the latest pictures, he appears to have dissapeared.

edoggrc51

edoggrc51

Audioholic
Thanks!

The Denon is still there, hidden away in the center portion of the stand.

edoggrc51

edoggrc51

Audioholic
Thanks man! :)

Here are the latest upgrades. A Panny PT-AE8000u and a 110in ScopeScreen

edoggrc51

edoggrc51

Audioholic
Another quick update since I think this going to be it for a while. I know I know, famous last words. :D

Up first is a miniDSP to handle the LFE processing on the LMS's.

Out went the ERC-2 and the Oppo-103 and in went an Oppo BDP-105.

And last but not least an Emotiva XSP-1.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
How do you like the OpenDRC? I use a 2X4 to EQ my dual opposed and it did a great job, but I've been curious as to what the OpenDRC has to offer above that.

edoggrc51

edoggrc51

Audioholic
I absolutely love it. To be honest I haven't messed with any of the FIR stuff, so essentially I'm probably using it the same you're using yours. But the DRC does have actual XLR connections, IR capability, and it comes with its own power supply ready to go. :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I absolutely love it. To be honest I haven't messed with any of the FIR stuff, so essentially I'm probably using it the same you're using yours. But the DRC does have actual XLR connections, IR capability, and it comes with its own power supply ready to go. :)
Do you have the AN? I'd really like it to have a better DR than 108 for the AN since that's the one I'm guessing you have and that I'd need. 108, puts it a little short of what a blu-ray is capable of delivering (~120db) and certainly doesn't future proof against the possibility of 32 bit tracks in the future. Also I'm not sure it's worth the extra money over the 2X4 since I used REW to generate my filters but, that being said it's definitely a cool unit and the ability to choose which program you want to use to generate the FIR filters and the customizability of it make it extremely appealing.

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
One of my favorite systeams by far! How is it going mate? Have you done any updates or changes?

edoggrc51

edoggrc51

Audioholic
One of my favorite systeams by far! How is it going mate? Have you done any updates or changes?
Thanks mang!! :)

No changes to the rig since the last update. That's gotta be a record for me. lol

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
:) it looks good How does it sound with all the subs, cause damn that's a lot of sub!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis