My Review of the OSD Nero XA5180 5 channel Power Amplifier

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Thanks for sharing. Have looked at equipment on eBay but have been hesitant to buy with no warranty in case of an issue. Looks like a great deal for $550 if a light out that you can live with is the only issue. Enjoy!

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Thanks for sharing. Have looked at equipment on eBay but have been hesitant to buy with no warranty in case of an issue. Looks like a great deal for $550 if a light out that you can live with is the only issue. Enjoy!
Can't recall if I posted this already. I picked up a Used Outlaw 7000x recently for a really good price. It's very similar to the OSD and without the lights :) Dan has one of those too. So looking out for either one is worth doing. I'm still partial to the ATI built Monolith 7x or Outlaw 7500 that I have. Give them high endorsement however they are a few extra $. That said, over years that extra $500-$600 might be worth it. But frankly I'm not sure how much of the wattage I'm actually using. So I might really not need more than the 130 WPC anyways.

But they seem like a great value.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Can't recall if I posted this already. I picked up a Used Outlaw 7000x recently for a really good price. It's very similar to the OSD and without the lights :) Dan has one of those too. So looking out for either one is worth doing. I'm still partial to the ATI built Monolith 7x or Outlaw 7500 that I have. Give them high endorsement however they are a few extra $. That said, over years that extra $500-$600 might be worth it. But frankly I'm not sure how much of the wattage I'm actually using. So I might really not need more than the 130 WPC anyways.

But they seem like a great value.
Curious Do you prefer the Monolith or Outlaw?

F

Freedom_road

Audiophyte
Ease of use

Amps are fairly standard in use this one was no different. Once you've plugged in your choice of RCA or XLR's to your processor and your speaker wire to the amp from speakers away you go.

I found that the switch thing became somewhat annoying it's meant to add appeal but for me added some headaches

The switch to accept input was always very laggy when receiving input and I found myself either leaving it in always on or my favorite which was always off unless triggered on by receiver.

I feel like just not having the lights and just a simple dimmable power button with a trigger option would have sufficed and probably cost less to produce
Why not just use the trigger connection all the time?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Why not just use the trigger connection all the time?
That's what I did. I'd just use the trigger on connection. It also works great in always on it was just the auto standby until it receives a signal that was a bit laggy

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis