My piece of A/V heaven

C

CypherMax

Junior Audioholic
This system must sound exceptional! Very impressed...especially loike how you managed to display all the the equipment without making it look cluttered. I like system that you can see the equiptment and not have it all hidden a way.

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
Thank you for the kind words.:)

It took a bit of work to organize all the cables and wires, but in the end it was well worth it. And it's nice to see another who really appreciates seeing AV gear being displayed and not hidden. While some don't like seeing the equipments lights when the lights go off, I personally like it.:)

Seth

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
Some new additions!

Well it took a bit of fine tuning on placement and the need to rerun Audyssey, but I have the Martin Logan Scripts all set up now. :)

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Very nice! Looks really cool and bet it sounds great in there!

One problem I've noticed with the Denon A1 blu-rays is the load times are painful. Now that you've had it for a while has that been a problem for you? Maybe the unit I had was just faulty?

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
Very nice! Looks really cool and bet it sounds great in there!

One problem I've noticed with the Denon A1 blu-rays is the load times are painful. Now that you've had it for a while has that been a problem for you? Maybe the unit I had was just faulty?
Thanks.;)

You know I haven't noticed really long load times on my A1. On average for BD Java heavy titles, it takes around 45 seconds or so to load. And for me that's not too bad. And given the exceptional PQ and sound that the A1 gives, I consider that a very small trade off. :)

I have noticed that after the latest firmware update, my players load times are somewhat faster that before the update. Not a dramatic improvement, but at least a good 10 seconds faster.

I have to say that I am really enjoying my A1. It's an amazing machine!

Seth

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
Well after using the Scripts for a while, I decided that their placement wasn't exactly where it should be. Directly behind the seating works but I felt it could still be better. So I changed them by placing them up higher and positioning them upside down. Now not only do they sound better, but I think they look better also.:)

Seth

B

BWG707

Audioholic
Amazing looking system! I would absolutely love to hear it. What kind of bass do you get out of it? Can you even describe it? Cheers to-ya!

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
Amazing looking system! I would absolutely love to hear it. What kind of bass do you get out of it? Can you even describe it? Cheers to-ya!
Thanks.;)

The bass is pretty powerful. For movie soundtracks it gets really low and fills the room nicely. And for music it's punchy and powerful but not boomy. The two Martin Logan Descent subwoofers really pack a punch!:)

Seth

Waboman

Waboman

Audiophyte
As always, one of the best, amigo. I never grow tired of looking at it's awesomeness.

R

rfolden

Audiophyte
Hoo!

And my wife complains about the enormity of my Kabuki Kenwoods. She hasn't seen anything, huh? Your system is quite impressive. Thanks for sharing.

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
And my wife complains about the enormity of my Kabuki Kenwoods. She hasn't seen anything, huh? Your system is quite impressive. Thanks for sharing.
LOL!:) Yeah the Martin Logan reQuests are pretty big.;)

Thanks for the kind words on my setup.

Seth

L

leousm

Enthusiast
Well after using the Scripts for a while, I decided that their placement wasn't exactly where it should be. Directly behind the seating works but I felt it could still be better. So I changed them by placing them up higher and positioning them upside down. Now not only do they sound better, but I think they look better also.:)

Seth
IMO, they look better that way. Your setup looks veeerrry comfortable. :p

S

stealthrt

Audioholic Intern
Ha ive never seen a 70" TV before like that. Thats very interesting. I'm sure that cost a pretty penny, huh? Overall, very nice (and i'm sure very expensive as well!) ;)

David

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
Ha ive never seen a 70" TV before like that. Thats very interesting. I'm sure that cost a pretty penny, huh? Overall, very nice (and i'm sure very expensive as well!) ;)

David
Thanks for the kind words.;)

The TV was Sony's top of the line model some years back. And is something of a rare breed, as Sony no longer makes SXRD TV's. It wasn't cheap back when I got it, and to this day it still works flawlessly. It has to be the best TV I've ever owned. I do plan on replacing it with another display this year sometime, but not because I'm unhappy with it, but only to benefit from the newest 3D technology.

I plan on getting a display at least 70 inches, and larger if possible.

Seth

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis