A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
There are times I realy hate this hobby.

Finished fitting all up at 7am and then had two with snags that I had check with multimeter that added on an extra 2 1/2 hours.

Pink noise ran and aligned and ready now for Interstellar, when it arrives?

I like to relax now or get a catnap been on this now for over 7 hours. I'll fit the metal grills on later in the day. My arms feel like been pumping iron for 7 hours.

Ran the cable though the to the kitchen to be connected on marantz 1050 on A/B one row for back and other row for front.

This is exhausting work. I feel like I had rucksack on my back with 50 bricks in it.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
There are times I realy hate this hobby.

Finished fitting all up at 7am and then had two with snags that I had check with multimeter that added on an extra 2 1/2 hours.

Pink noise ran and aligned and ready now for Interstellar, when it arrives?

I like to relax now or get a catnap been on this now for over 7 hours. I'll fit the metal grills on later in the day. My arms feel like been pumping iron for 7 hours.

Ran the cable though the to the kitchen to be connected on marantz 1050 on A/B one row for back and other row for front.

This is exhausting work. I feel like I had rucksack on my back with 50 bricks in it.
I see a bunch of bare white space on your ceiling. I think you need more speakers :)

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
I see a bunch of bare white space on your ceiling. I think you need more speakers :)
I was thinking the same thing. :D
A) Painting the ceiling a dark colour is too easy.

B) Fitting thin wood battens frames covered with a cheap dark coloured fabric over the ceiling is a bit more work.

I'll have to give it some thinking.

I had spare bit of plastic conduit that I fitted up to conceal some of the cables. Need to get a bit more plastic conduit and maybe fabric covering.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Just gave the THX cinema a cleaning.

Vacuumed floor a few hours ago and just minutes ago cleaned the THX system. Maybe why the Lucasfilm Ltd THX Sound System, is always best here.

Cleaned main monitor
Cleaned pc monitor
Cleaned racks main THX cinema and kitchen

Even the inside of the THX sound system which is why THX 3417 here is best in Bournemouth, well none of the cinemas in the town have THX 3417.

Removed all 6 THX cards so I can clean all around the inside the crossover/monitor.

TEX, signed off with free 6 months of THX approval. :p

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord

How does your famiy feel about this setup?:eek:Fuzz got alot of catching up to do.:D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
There shall be no sh!t on my ceiling until

1) I own
2) There is more content

However, after that it's on like Donkey Kong :D

How does your famiy feel about this setup?:eek:Fuzz got alot of catching up to do.:D

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord

When I see this much hardware floating in the air, I start nervously looking around for Magneto!

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
There shall be no sh!t on my ceiling until

1) I own
2) There is more content

However, after that it's on like Donkey Kong :D
There's sh!t on my ceiling for my own diy overhead propaganda. I don't give rats ass about auro3d, atmouse or dtsx. Content yes is were home atmos has failed. dtsx now remains to be seen for dozens of content each month, remains to be seen.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General

When I see this much hardware floating in the air, I start nervously looking around for Magneto!
Yeah I can see where you're coming from. Wife won't allow it. :p Not even flat panel speakers from Wharfedale, nailed to the ceiling. :D

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
An afternoon experiment with my Dolby SRA5.

I have used EARTHQUAKE (1974)
dtsHDMA 5.1, with LFE.1 from Onkyo TX SR-875 connected to one of Inputs onto the back of the SRA5 and the Output connected back to SDDS DFP-D3000 SW Input on AUX 1.

I wasn't sure it would it work? But its enhanced the low end a bit.

Chapter 9 first few seconds with waterfall with Dolby SR (OUT) and one with Dolby SR (IN)

Now I have shift the gear around in one of the racks to make some 1U rack frame space for the Dolby SR SRA5.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
My legs are extremely sore and I was barley able to kneel down.

I was gonna move all the equipment down by 1U rack frame. I decided to leave the Dolby CP500 and Harman Kardon where they are as I'm not in the mood to moving that about too many cables attached plus the they weigh a bit and its too hot a nice day to do that.

I just made enough space for to slip the Dolby SRA5 underneath the CP500.

Running tests with The Spy Who Loved Me. Wow its fattened up the LFE.1 a bit.

One of the best Bond films of the 70's.

Playing the same scene over and over again. Stromberg oil tanker steals the nuclear submarine (1h:23m:11s to 32s) Dolby SR OUT.

Stromberg oil tanker steals the nuclear submarine (1h:23m:11s to 32s) Dolby SR IN.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
THX "Amazing Life" made my palms sweat with Dolby SR on the LFE.1.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
A few weeks ago I thinking of fitting the flat screen against the stage. One thing comes to mind this is gonna rattle/buzz and resonate. After a few tests with SW pink noise and listening and looking around the back to see what was resonating ether on the outside or inside?

I sussed out that a bit of plastic fitting need to be pressed a bit and sorted it. Otherwise opening it and pressing and wiggling all parts inside that have screws attached to components to see what is lose or could/can resonate as it would standing out during a music or film.

Moved the flat screen out of the way and knuckled down to it.

Fitted the bracket to some wood and the bracket is for the Sony flat screen that I use on the laptop for a monitor.

After an hour of this = relax with real milk shake and some THX laserdisc APOLLO 13 in dts.

I can't detect any resonate rattle/buzzing sounds thus far and APOLLO 13 is LOUD!

The timber on the back that the flat screen rests against at bottom is a bit thick and leaning the flat screen forwards by a few degrees so I'll rest and change out the wood for thinner piece with some polystyrene glued to the wood that will act as an absorbent.

For projector use due to no more space to fit the flat screen underneath the stage as it would be resting right on the sub and will resonate for certain.

Well no big deal to unhook the flat screen for the as and when I use my projector which is rarely used for myself and would only be ran when guests are over, so takes less than 1 minute to unhook flat screen and on HDMI and power lead.

Its great that I can place the sub this close to tv without the colour being instantly messed up.

The sub performs better where its at present a few inches more over to left/right in the past due to a CRT being near to it, some certain lows was a but bit uneven and others no problem. Wouldn't mind x2 more of the same 18" JBL just one I can feel pressing on my chest or feels like someone behind the seat pressing there hand against the seat.

Might get some cheap black felt cloth acoustically transparent and staple it to the wooden stage and all around that would look neat just like a cinema.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Ordered yesterday Dolby Digital wall plaque sign, arrived today.

One picture with camera and flash angle reflected the Dolby Digital letterheads onto the ceiling.

A few holes drilled with hammer, and earplugs worn!

Oh I like it. Maybe paint the walls at a later date.

Camera/flash at angle surprised to see the Dolby Digital reflected on the ceiling that looks cool.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Another Dolby Digital cinema sign arrived today. Mounted it on the door.

A few scruffs on it as it came from a closed down Odeon cinema (2001) at Nottingham "screen 3" and was mounted on the wall where customers sat against it rubbing it with clothing.

Got get some coloured paint/s and paint the walls and door and skirting boards this is after-all on low budget.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
I been hearing more of this filtering on films? GRAVITY seems to be one of them and never occurred to me to switch in the Dolby SR on the LFE.1 and maybe need x3 more for enhancement on the rest of the LF channels.

Opening of GRAVITY with the music then goes louder then silent!

Dolby SR OFF ^ direct THX monitoring processor

Dolby SR ON ^ direct THX monitoring processor

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General

Early morning hours of around 05:59am, Tuesday 4th August 2014, I work up with faint breathing and lack of dehydration and a pressing feeling on my chest. I drank some fruit juice that didn't seem to do anything then opened window for air and that to didn't do anything and had drink of low sugar fizzy orange that to didn't do anything. It was then I realized something serious was wrong!

I dialed 999 emergence paramedics, they took around 8mins to arrive while I stayed on the phone with the emergence service until paramedics arrived and assisted me down to the ambulance where it was known I have suffered from a heart-attack.

When arriving at Bournemouth hospital I was put though all the persuades and taken to different departments and it was defendant I had suffered from a (small heart-attack) since I don't smoke or drink.

For past few days I have been injected for blood tests and one test that I declined from while being told what it involves gave me the chills, made my skin crawl.

I'm at low risk but ever the less I now have to be medication 24/7/365 for a year of one type of medication then can come it but would have to stay on for ever now another type of medication to thin out my blood.

I should get a call to pop down to the heart-club within 10 days? To join and get physical to lose some weight some 4 stone of it as I'm 14 stone way too overweight and its been a wake up call in the past few days for me.

I have boycotted certain foods that are fatty and will be changing my diet form now on...

During my stay at the hospital as a patient I have spoken to many other patients whom have something in common and making general conversation/talk and some laughs.

I didn't have my camera and only the phone and took 2 or 3 pictures but can't find the other 2 pictures and few seconds of video while I was in one of the wards while the monitored my condition as well as others who had serious attacks!

The real thanks are to the paramedics the hospital doctors and staff who have helped me and many others whom for their indispensable professionalism I wouldn't be here now.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis