A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Glad you're Ok. Must've been scary.
I was worried and then got scared while in hospital I'm not comfortable with needles. THE THING pops into my mind with that crazy blood test. They said only two needles for blood test. They lied. :D They like doing and it at least it showed that my blood was thick, not good.:( So now got stay on the medication for 1 year then come of most of it but need to stay on the medication to thin my blood out.

But I'm look on focusing for work-out soon at the hospital a 26 week course. Does it take that long to lose weight?

I want to get the 196Ilb with a weight lose of -40Ibs I'd be happy with that. I'm not looking to pumping my arms up thou not bad option. :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I was worried and then got scared while in hospital I'm not comfortable with needles. THE THING pops into my mind with that crazy blood test. They said only two needles for blood test. They lied. :D They like doing and it at least it showed that my blood was thick, not good.:( So now got stay on the medication for 1 year then come of most of it but need to stay on the medication to thin my blood out.
Yikes, thick blood is definitely bad. Hopefully the medication helps and make sure you stay on whatever regimen they assign.

But I'm look on focusing for work-out soon at the hospital a 26 week course. Does it take that long to lose weight?
At least that long. Even with proper diet and a moderately strenuous workout plan it can take time. Even longer if you ensure you do it the right way. Patience is key, and the thing to always tell yourself is that lasting change takes time. Done the wrong way you could take off 50lbs in a month or two, but you'll gain it back and more once you figure out that you can't keep that up or you'll just keel over from the stress that would put on your body.

Take it slow, be consistent, and gradually increase intensity as your health allows.

I want to get the 196Ilb with a weight lose of -40Ibs I'd be happy with that. I'm not looking to pumping my arms up thou not bad option. :)
A loss like that could and should take about 6 months to a year depending on a lot of factors. Also keep in mind that, depending on what kind of training you're doing it's possible, even preferable that your weight loss plateau a little. You'll lose fat, gain muscle, and that cycle will repeat as long as you keep at it.

You may come to like working out, but if you don't just remember that it's a means to an end. It'll keep you able to do what you love to do.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
I like the optimistic 6 to 12 months that's days of sweating it off.

Felt faint dizzy this morning when leaning down to pick my cat up. So put him down and relaxed.

Had a few same sandwiches again. One slice wholemeal lettuce with tuna fish mixed with dub of seafood island dressing. Might cook a small stir-fry tonight with rice (rather than noddles) and a few prawns.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Back from the hospital after a second heart-attack during the early AM morning hours!

I phoned 999 after not be able to wait for an out of hours doctor to call me back and called 999, where paramedics arrived within 8mins. Was admitted to The Royal Bournemouth hospital again, with shortness of breath and dizziness.

Had all the needless poked in me again and I'm rather scream-ish, about it. I stayed on the ground floor level for a few hours where I was taken up one floor to cardiac-ward where I staid one night while being monitored for condition and spoke for a few other patients. Later in the night of next day I was transferred to ward-23 where I remind and awaited the "procedure" which has given me the shivers since 4th August 2015.

To relive me of the fears of the "procedure" a nurse gave me conference of her husband who has had it several times. I then said Yes to "procedure".

I was taken to another ward, "23" where I waited until next day 19th August 2015, where I signed a paper to say Yes, to carry it, out. I was give an injection to make me feel a little sleepy so not aware of any pain or discomfort.

I kept my eyes closed all though the 20 mins of the "procedure" while a stent was pushed though I rather not think it, it still gives me the chills. :| I was aware of all the sound around me and listening to the surgeon and following his instructions. When the "procedure" was all finished and wheeled out into the corridor, where I opened my eyes and feeling a little relived its all over. During my stay in hospital I have been worried about Sooty, my cat being all alone but topped up his food bowl and water before I left for hospital and while over-staying my dad has been popping around to feed my cat. Nice to be home and cuddle my cat.

During stay on ward 23, spoke to many patents that have had major strokes and been well looked after and made lots of conversation as being sat in a hospital not talking to another person/patient for days on end would drive must stir crazy, so I made some effort to make conversation and got nice little group forum going, where talking about general things, hobbies and what you do and so forth. No laserdisc enthusiasts sad to say. :mrgreen:

I wished good health and recovery to the few who where in the same boat a farewell this afternoon. smile emoticon

My walking is slow its a bit wobbly but may take 4 or 7 days to get back to normal walking pace as the last 17 days has been rough.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Re-aligning the compression drivers for all three HF horns.

Play pink noise wide-band

Loosen three screws a little bit and then jiggle the compression diaphragm while listening to the small changes and observing the RTA at the same time until a good overall frequency from 500Hz to 16KHz is achieved. Can take a while to check each driver/horn.

One of my HF horns has slot and holes for magnet ideally I need thee of the same as there is slight small difference but as long as I can get the "slot" to match closely to "hole" I can adjust with EQ with microphone up close to HF horns or get another magnet that has slot or hole.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Fitting down some blue used carpet tiles while the show still playing.

Moved the sub around a bit placed on its side.

Moved the seating raiser forwards by 20" that gives a better clearance distance of the rear row to the rear back surrounds.

A few blue tiles to fit in.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Changed the subs around for LCRS sub bass extension that are placed on the JBL 18".

Had a few snags with resonating rattle/buzzing that I managed to sort out where the plastic box of the flat screen tv (any) would resonate rattle/buzz. I placed some carpet tile behind it where it reduced resonate rattle.

Pinched a few holes in a spare carpet tiled and poked a few cable ties though it.

To reduce port air turbulence turned the sub around so its port isn't firing towards the back of the tv and that seemed to work. If this was a CRT the colour would be instantly de-coloured with blotches of red pink and green, flat screen LCD are great.

Placed one of second best subs behind the back row as seen with resting on back seat raiser that is joined to front seat raiser. the sub is merged with the JBL 18" for LFE.1 or SW for analouge Lt-Rt soundtracks.

Lows are filling though below 20Hz to 120Hz with just a few minor peak dips not critical but I'm looking at this Mini-DSP EQ for subs sometime in the future as there's only so much I can do with 1/3 EQ and my Behringer FBQ2496 packed up with a failed power supply two years ago and was a useful parametric EQ. So hope the Mini-DSP can restore balance to sub bass galaxy.

Least lows are filling above 38Hz though 40 to 50 where most of the bumps and bangs are on film soundtrack low end. 60Hz still same. Though 70Hz is a bit peaky and can do with little minimizing up to 80Hz where it levels out.

Back row is thrilling with the sound of the Millennium Falon from Return of the Jedi (1983) Laserdisc AC-3, kicking bass into the back of the seats while it whooshes from behind surround to front channels.

Re-EQ the room due to seating position change. Measured for flat on the TrueRTA 1/3 then applied equal EQ cut with secondary 1/3 EQ to each LCR channel while applying equal cut to surround channel zones so's to warm up the bass mid so that its felt a bit more often with less middle highs harshness while leaving the upper high EQ flat so that the higher highs can be heard on the odd few films above 8KHz though to 10KHz and 16KHz.
Ran repeated frequency sweep of the LFE.1 sub on its own at varies fader levels to check for resonate rattle/buzzing and see what needs tightening down?

Very few items rattle.

TV not as much
Light fittings are free rattle/buzzing
Windows free from rattle/buzzing
Radiator free from rattle/buzzing after tightening down a lose part.
Seating free from rattle/buzzing (expect for bass shakers that I'm still working on) but airborne sub lows the seating is free from rattle/buzzing.
Rack system is free from rattles expect the laserdisc player that creates a nice vibration due to spindle motor speed acceleration and takes a little adjustment to stop the rattling. The players are due for refit elsewhere in a fourth rack in the kitchen with (remote IR emitters).

kitchen rattles a little bit from sink to a few cupboards and projector fitted to the wall brackets (that I managed to secure) but the sink rattling sounds cool thou I keep the fader at normal level where it would be rattle free, its when the fader is up at +10.0db which is hardly ever used above 0.0db "7".

Generally the room is quiet down to about 30db at night time with some equipment turned ON there is a rise of 10db that I like to reduce back down from 40db to 30db A C weighting.

Fan cooling and transformers inside certain gear can be heard elsewhere in the room if listening! To most other people they might not be so bothered by it as its so quiet.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Got this cheap Tascam PB-32R 32 channel patch bay, from USA as some of the ones over this side of the pound are bit pricey for something as simply as RCA phone connectors on rear/front.

The patch bay will be fitted at the back of the rack with wire/cables rewired for a neater cable management from the back of the THX crossover/monitor and some of the other processors. Final leads will be cheap RCA from eBay connected to 30 amplifiers in the kitchen.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
A few experiments I've been dabbling with for past month with few trails and errors and finally managed to get near to one many that have been demonstrated with videos on youtube of sound with laser reflecting and seeing the patterns they create when bouncing the laser beam around off anything that is shiny reflective be it, CD discs, mirrors, tinfoil would sort of distort the beam even water can be used.

I'm working on a little project and need few more items to try and see if I can perfect it to the vision I have imagined?

Using a Pringles tin "once you pop them you can't stop the sound laser beam bouncing".

Pulled a balloon over the tin and glued a rubber pad to the balloon with a broken DVD-RW unused that I snapped in half and glued attached it to rubber pad.

Shine the laser beam to reflective mirror and bounce the reflection ether onto a white surface or even another disc where I used a CD disc. I tried to get to it to reflect onto the flat screen but need a green laser beam that I ordered with some small dental mirrors mounted to plastic arms and even Optical Cross Dichroic X-Cube Prism RGB.

Last edited:
TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
A few experiments I've been dabbling with for past month with few trails and errors and finally managed to get near to one many that have been demonstrated with videos on youtube of sound with laser reflecting and seeing the patterns they create when bouncing the laser beam around off anything that is shiny reflective be it, CD discs, mirrors, tinfoil would sort of distort the beam even water can be used.

I'm working on a little project and need few more items to try and see if I can perfect it to the vision I have imagined?

Using a Pringles tin "once you pop them you can't stop the sound laser beam bouncing".

Pulled a balloon over the tin and glued a rubber pad to the balloon with a broken DVD-RW unused that I snapped in half and glued attached it to rubber pad.

Shine the laser beam to reflective mirror and bounce the reflection ether onto a white surface or even another disc where I used a CD disc. I tried to get to it to reflect onto the flat screen but need a green laser beam that I ordered with some small dental mirrors mounted to plastic arms and even Optical Cross Dichroic X-Cube Prism RGB.

Just watch out for your eyes!!!

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
And maybe cut back on the hallucinogen use.... ;-)

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
And maybe cut back on the hallucinogen use.... ;-)
:D There's none of that going on here I assure you.

Yeah I watch eyes almost got blinded with telescope back in 1980 forgot to fit the sun filter to the eye piece and had 8 mins right eye blinded! So I know the risks!

Wearing red filter to protect eyes.

Guess wondering what I'm up to? Well I have to see if it works out as I have envisioned as its bit complicated. Never tried laser physics before but I find it exciting use with sound. Looked up a lot about even to laser microphones used by the CIA. Watch the film Clear and Present Danger you'll see one being used.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
So besides seeing colors all over your room, what was the objective?

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
So besides seeing colors all over your room, what was the objective?
Ahh, now that would be an illumination answer now.

The disc was used to reflect the laser beam since I couldn't get a decent reflection on the flat screen that I tried but was too dim to display and the camera being automatic had focus differentiates.

Once I have perfect the technique of it. I have done bit of researching and it may take several items or more to get it the way I have visioned it.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
I have noticed the Pringles can when moved a little further away from the speaker as the sound is still passing though the can and sound sine wave low frequency tone is propagating the balloon and mirror to fluctuate.

Also noticed the phasing. A sub bass can be muted and sound low frequency from another speaker finds its way into the sub say if centre channel LF is playing a low frequency sine wave the tone is ether passing though one of ports on the sub or though sub bass cone driver?

I can then check for phasing the wider the width of the laser light reflection on surface tells me its in phase if one speaker is reversed the signal decrees width.

Also noticed another thing is that I'll update on when I have figured it out...

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
The mirrors have arrived.

Curiosity is interested.

The mirrors sort of lift out of the plastic arm frame so that makes it easier to remove them and attach them to the speakers or other for the laser sound project.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
A string stretched across the length of the room with a mirror glued/stuck to the string.

Laser aligned with the mirror and reflected downwards at white sheet. Idea is to look for any sound movement with sound generator using low frequency sine waves.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
More sound laser testing. "Beam me up, Scotty".

Splitting the beam though an RGB to varies other rooms kitchen and bedroom.

Beam reflecting back off a mirror in the hallway angled to the beam splitter.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Nine screen channel thou may could be a bit limited to some restrictions of the screen size in some auditoriums where a Fifteen screen channel maybe more appropriate.

So look at the picture from scene from Total Recall (2012) Now I know the footsteps would be below the black masking of the screen or if I was standing in front of the actors I would be walking slowly backwards and should be hearing breathing sounds at standing height position and footsteps at below or on floor/ground with slight reflections from the surface to the walls or ceiling but mainly I'd be hearing footsteps below and the other thing is. The cutting of film has to be sound edited to match the sound to the visual on-screen or off-screen that maybe below the framing of the film?

Also the mechanical robot servo motors could be heard in wide height to width plain with maybe some airy sort blockage or when an object is in front of sound being produced behind it, the object in front creates this, its hard to explain it? Often you'd notice maybe at a cinema when someone stands up in front and walks past you, you get a brief muffled sound.

If camera pulls back away from a close up in a corridor the sound would have to sort of match it as near defused sound as further away you get from it the angle of the sound doesn't sound as wide like stereo effect or particles in the air being disturbed and turned into sound waves to our ears or test equipment?

The stage channels have to evolve as they are decades out of date.

Mono films single speaker.
Dolby Stereo 35mm LCR matrix mono surround
Dolby Stereo 70mm wide L, Lc, C, Rc, R, mono surround
Dolby Stereo 70mm split surround LCR stereo surrounds SW
SDDS 8ch L, Lc, C Rc, R, stereo surrounds SW
Dolby Atmos lots more surrounds and only optional 5 screen if required? So basically its still doing LCR which is outdated.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
7 years ago my kitten lovely Sooty, crawls in though the air port on the JBL sub. If the whiskers it so will the body as well.

Today he's sticking his head near the port and inside the port I guess? To see if he can still crawl inside.

The sound system sub at this time, is muted so nothing playing.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis