MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Yup, finished the campaign (regular difficulty) in just under 5 hours. It was a good campaign, looking forward to doing it on veteran but it's time for some more online play first. :)

Steve
I haven't touched the campaign or the multiplayer. I am having a blast with the Spec Ops missions on veteran. It has me logged in about 7 hours and have only completed 3. Very challenging, intense and rewarding. This is a good game.

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
I'll have to try the spec ops out this weekend, I'm still busy memorizing the online maps and hopefully prestige sometime this weekend.

As for the $60 expansion pack ... you sure could call it that but it is a fair bit more than just some DLC. IMO, for the game price vs hours of gameplay it's easily worth it if you liked the previous releases.

Steve

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I'll have to try the spec ops out this weekend, I'm still busy memorizing the online maps and hopefully prestige sometime this weekend.

As for the $60 expansion pack ... you sure could call it that but it is a fair bit more than just some DLC. IMO, for the game price vs hours of gameplay it's easily worth it if you liked the previous releases.

Steve
I agree, there is a lot of content and if you play on veteran it will take you some time to get through it. Survival mode looks like it will eat up gobs and gobs of time to complete. Not even close to what can be considered an expansion pack.

For their to be a HUGE leap in this series in things like the game engine, graphics etc, it needs to be developed on a next gen console.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
For their to be a HUGE leap in this series in things like the game engine, graphics etc, it needs to be developed on a next gen console.
Or they could really go all out and develope a next generation graphics engine like Crysis for the PC version so there would actually be a distinction between the PC and console versions like there use to be. It will never happen but I can dream...

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
Plus 16 Spec Ops missions and Spec Ops survival mode. On veteran you could easily be looking at 40 hours+. Tons of content that doesn't even include the online multiplayer.
Plus multiplayer that could absorb your whole life.:)

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman

Steve
Agreed, it's a whole new graphics engine, the customizations and weapons have gotten a tweak, there are new multiplayer games

MW2 Engine vs. MW3 Engine - YouTube

And if it were as it is to some, unjustifiable to create a whole new game over the differences - it's a $60 expansion with its own disc, that's just what the market will bear.

Matt34

Matt34

LOL, I'm so horrible at this game. Dying around 15 times in a match on average with a couple kills.

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
LOL, I'm so horrible at this game. Dying around 15 times in a match on average with a couple kills.
The regular multiplayer is awful. Everyone is just run and gun.

That being said, hardcore is so much better. I'd give it a try ;)

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
Believe it or not there is some strategy involved but learning the maps is key for a better kill/death ratio. Knowing where the common run though areas are and choke points helps out the most I'd think whether you're on the move or a camper.

Also, pay constant attention to the mini-map, especially if a UAV has been called in.

This video may help a little ;) Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - The Vet & The n00b - YouTube

Steve

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
The regular multiplayer is awful. Everyone is just run and gun.

That being said, hardcore is so much better. I'd give it a try ;)
Yeah, I could never really get into the multiplayer on MW 2. I'd have a good game where I'd get a dozen or so kills and then turn right around and have one where I'd just get slaughtered. There's people out there that are really good.

Plus there's silly crap about the game that bugs me, like there was one match where the same guy killed me about 5 times by just running past me and knifing me. I was sooooo pissed. I kept looking for him to get him back and he'd just run up and knife me again. Gimme a break, I'm shooting bullets into this guy but he doesn't break stride and kills me with one swipe from a knife. Lame. :rolleyes:

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
Yeah, I could never really get into the multiplayer on MW 2. I'd have a good game where I'd get a dozen or so kills and then turn right around and have one where I'd just get slaughtered. There's people out there that are really good.

Plus there's silly crap about the game that bugs me, like there was one match where the same guy killed me about 5 times by just running past me and knifing me. I was sooooo pissed. I kept looking for him to get him back and he'd just run up and knife me again. Gimme a break, I'm shooting bullets into this guy but he doesn't break stride and kills me with one swipe from a knife. Lame. :rolleyes:
Camping in a doorway/dark corner or running around with a sub-machine gun and knifing people seem to be the 2 main "strategies" that people use. There are more campers in hardcore mode, but it doesn't bother me as much as the run and guns.

I don't see how some people find it fun to stare at the same spot all game waiting for people to walk by.

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
My MW3 record is nothing right now, I've barely touched it but I have done decently in most of the CoD games.

Imma post some tips in the other Cod Thread, please share your, I think we Audioholics should help each other out.

Matt34

Matt34

Well, I'm really liking the campaign so far. The Russian Presidential plane level was very cool. Next up is Africa.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
My buddy that took 2 days off of work to get this says he hasn't even started the campaign yet. He's just been playing the online. :rolleyes:

A

Arcane19

Audioholic Intern
I'm still trying to decide between MW3 and GoW3.
Also, if I go with MW3 I can't decide which system to get it on.

Right now, it looks like i'm leaning towards MW3, but part of me still thinks Gears takes more skill. COD is getting a little too easy for me, and the multiplayer seems mindless. Too many killstreaks, and points flashing up on the screen for me. Plus, getting kills in Gears is more satisfying.

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
Both Gears and MW are good games, liked both campaigns very much but I find MW3 is more fun online. I played tons of the original GOW online and just a little (comparatively) of GOW2-3, mainly horde and beast modes. Not sure about comparing skill level, GOW3 campaign on insane was tough and I haven't done the veteran campaign (only regular) on MW3 but I'm sure it'll be rough as well.

Ahhh, why not just get both! :)

Steve

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
Both Gears and MW are good games, liked both campaigns very much but I find MW3 is more fun online. I played tons of the original GOW online and just a little (comparatively) of GOW2-3, mainly horde and beast modes. Not sure about comparing skill level, GOW3 campaign on insane was tough and I haven't done the veteran campaign (only regular) on MW3 but I'm sure it'll be rough as well.

Ahhh, why not just get both! :)

Steve
MW3 on Veteran was waaaay tougher than Gears3 on Insane.
Gears took me about 9 hours to get through on insane. Comparatively, MW took me almost 7 hours on Hardened the first time through, and 13 hrs to finish them up on Veteran

i only played 1 team deathmatch, went 17 and 9. Not too great considering i regularly hit the nuke killstreak on MW2, but not too bad considering i had never seen the map before

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
MW3 on Veteran was waaaay tougher than Gears3 on Insane.
Gears took me about 9 hours to get through on insane. Comparatively, MW took me almost 7 hours on Hardened the first time through, and 13 hrs to finish them up on Veteran

i only played 1 team deathmatch, went 17 and 9. Not too great considering i regularly hit the nuke killstreak on MW2, but not too bad considering i had never seen the map before
Good to hear MW3 on veteran will be a challenge, I think I'll prestige first before going back to campaign.

Steve

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis