Monster Ultimate High Speed HDMI

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
He believes it, I almost fell a sleep watch that did you notice during the comparisons for the so called bad cable that meter read it instantly or was it just me.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
A LOT of info in that video. Most of it entirely irrelevant and misleading in terms of performance.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
A LOT of info in that video. Most of it entirely irrelevant and misleading in terms of performance.
is there any rules or guidelines that cable companies to verify the claims they make or is one big free for all

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Ahem, that's Monster® bulls**t... :rolleyes: :)
Careful Adam the head monster might read that then try to sue you because you typed monster wait I did twice so I guess I am the list before you:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Careful Adam the head monster might read that then try to sue you:D
Ahhh, but no. That's why I added the registered trademark symbol, so as not to get into trouble. ;)

Because we all know that Noel is cruising this forum... :)

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
is there any rules or guidelines that cable companies to verify the claims they make or is one big free for all
Well, not really. I'm sure the data is fine, and any company is allowed to do "dependent" testing. All the gigabits and hertz and what not just simply confuse the customer. Now, if they said that the cable is capable of omitting lasers that will cut through steel, then obviously there is a problem. AFAIK, they are not required to disclose the parameters of the testing. Thats why its so important for customers to ONLY pay attention to independent, unbiased testing. We test our products in house prior to submission for other tests, but our results are meaningless without the independent testing. We could publish the results, but refuse to.

S

serenity737

Audioholic Intern
From wikipedia ...

A monster is any type of legendary creatures which usually appear in legend or horror fiction. The word monster derives from the latin word monstrum, meaning "omen", from the root of monere ("to warn") and also meaning "prodigy" or "miracle".

The term monster refers to a being that is a gross exception to the norms of some ecosystem. A person referred to as a monster is taken as exceptionally evil, grotesque, unreasonably strict and uncaring, sociopathic, and/or sadistic. The word monster connotes something wrong or evil; a monstrous being is generally morally objectionable, physically or psychologically hideous, or a freak of nature.

Mike

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I'm sure glad he cleared up hte part about 120 Hz being double the frequency of 60 Hz. I always wondered about that. :eek:

Also, "...now they're talking about Category 6 and Category 7...? Just now? That's been around for years. OTOH, he's just trying to put water through a pipe, ya know.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
I'm sure glad he cleared up hte part about 120 Hz being double the frequency of 60 Hz. I always wondered about that. :eek:
So true.. that is still irrelevant concerning the cable right? That's up to the display? I just want to make sure I'm clear on this...

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Man these guys are slicker then a shaved monkey covered in baby oil.

jeanseb

jeanseb

Audioholic
Think of how many "average Joe" have been screwed by these types of product.

AFAIK, digital technology is like black or white. It works or it doesn't.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai

More than I would like to imagine,how else can they afford to keep suing everyone.

highfigh

highfigh

So true.. that is still irrelevant concerning the cable right? That's up to the display? I just want to make sure I'm clear on this...
Irrelevant? Not really. For every cabling standard, someone comes up with a way to use pre-existing cables so it's not necessary to retrofit new, in building where it would be difficult, if not economically unfeasible. That's why HDMI can now be sent via Cat5/6/7 over 500' and more. It can also be sent over RG-6/6Q. Then, each end needs to be terminated in a way that the source and display can handle the signal. He was probably bringing up the Cat6 and 7 because far less consumers know about them and when someone talks about several cable types at one time, some people are intimidated. I have a customer who gets nervous just looking at the wiring behind his cabinet and his system is very simple. Most people who don't deal with this stuff see a whole bundle of wires and those who do work with it see several cables of various types, which all go someplace specific.

highfigh

highfigh

Not quite. It works to a point and if the bit rate is exceeded, it can fail miserably. Deep color and length cause all kinds of trouble for older HDMI cables that weren't designed for more data through-put. Also, if part of the signal is out of synch with the control, it's not pretty. Pixelation, audio dropouts and other problems are one of the reasons I try to not use HDMI. I and others see problems with HDMI cables at all price points and sometimes, it's more frequent with the high priced ones.

All because someone doesn't want people to make copies.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Irrelevant? Not really. For every cabling standard, someone comes up with a way to use pre-existing cables so it's not necessary to retrofit new, in building where it would be difficult, if not economically unfeasible. That's why HDMI can now be sent via Cat5/6/7 over 500' and more. It can also be sent over RG-6/6Q. Then, each end needs to be terminated in a way that the source and display can handle the signal. He was probably bringing up the Cat6 and 7 because far less consumers know about them and when someone talks about several cable types at one time, some people are intimidated. I have a customer who gets nervous just looking at the wiring behind his cabinet and his system is very simple. Most people who don't deal with this stuff see a whole bundle of wires and those who do work with it see several cables of various types, which all go someplace specific.
I appreciate that detailed response, but I knew most all that, I was specifically wondering about the hertz stuff. :eek: The cable has nothing to do with that, right?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis