Monster Ultimate High Speed HDMI

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Irrelevant? Not really. For every cabling standard, someone comes up with a way to use pre-existing cables so it's not necessary to retrofit new, in building where it would be difficult, if not economically unfeasible. That's why HDMI can now be sent via Cat5/6/7 over 500' and more. It can also be sent over RG-6/6Q. Then, each end needs to be terminated in a way that the source and display can handle the signal. He was probably bringing up the Cat6 and 7 because far less consumers know about them and when someone talks about several cable types at one time, some people are intimidated. I have a customer who gets nervous just looking at the wiring behind his cabinet and his system is very simple. Most people who don't deal with this stuff see a whole bundle of wires and those who do work with it see several cables of various types, which all go someplace specific.
How common is it for someone to run HDMI cables at long lengths because 2ms is more than enough for most people for me it's overkill I use 1m because everything is close enough to get away with it.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
How common is it for someone to run HDMI cables at long lengths because 2ms is more than enough for most people for me it's overkill I use 1m because everything is close enough to get away with it.
pretty common when a projector is involved, or if the source is a long ways from the display and wire is routed through walls/ceiling..

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Lets say you were to guess out of all the HT setup or being setup what be the % of those with such long run just a guess.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Lets say you were to guess out of all the HT setup or being setup what be the % of those with such long run just a guess.
Oh, its a small percentage, and you can assume that where it does apply, some pretty decent gear is being used. In my experience (probably limited compared to others) it'd be less than 4 or 5 percent. Custom installs would make up more like 20-25 percent.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Thank you, was just curious. I am rereading what I am typing and I see a lot of bad grammar I guess it's time to put down the beer.(and pick the Jack instead LOL).

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Thank you, was just curious. I am rereading what I am typing and I see a lot of bad grammar I guess it's time to put down the beer.(and pick the Jack instead LOL).
Yeah, that last post was pretty solid. You really shouldn't drink and post. :p:D

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Either that or listen to the wife tell me alllll about her day.
(she not standing behind me is she?)

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Either that or listen to the wife tell me alllll about her day.
(she not standing behind me is she?)
Nah, she won't be home for a little while still... she just left here a bit ago.... :p

I guess I really don't know you that well, but I'm totally kidding.. You'd know I was serious if I used her first name.........

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
No worries just do me favor DON'T YOU EVER SEND HER HOME EARLY AGAIN!!!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
...DON'T YOU EVER SEND HER HOME EARLY AGAIN!!!
What's he going to do, card tricks? That boy ain't got no stamina.

(J/K, Adam! :D Alex filled me in. Oops, that'll be used against me...)

S

skers_54

Full Audioholic
I appreciate that detailed response, but I knew most all that, I was specifically wondering about the hertz stuff. :eek: The cable has nothing to do with that, right?
Yep. The video input signal is either 24 or 60 Hz. This is converted to 120 Hz by various algorithms in the display. Unless they start making BR players that do frame interpolation, you'll never have to transmit a 120 Hz signal over HDMI. Just more Monster BS :)

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
What's he going to do, card tricks? That boy ain't got no stamina.

(J/K, Adam! :D Alex filled me in. Oops, that'll be used against me...)
Well next time he needs come up with a game plan I would like to keep my Sundays hassle free.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Well next time he needs come up with a game plan I would like to keep my Sundays hassle free.
Well, he did just get Inglorious Bastards on blu-ray. There's a couple of hours right there.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Hey guys check out my post on the blu-ray area an tell what you think and if I should get some monster cable to go with it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis