Monoprice Monolith M-215, $1,900 each

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Anyone who is interested in impulsively buying a large and enormously heavy subwoofer has a great opportunity with the Monolith M-215. This has to be the bang-for-the-buck king at the moment since it fully doubles the performance of the 15" THX Ultra for only $400 more at the moment. Insanely good deal, nothing else in the sub market will touch its performance for that price. Hell, it's a great deal at MSRP even. But buyer beware its 216 lbs weight.

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
Anyone who is interested in impulsively buying a large and enormously heavy subwoofer has a great opportunity with the Monolith M-215. This has to be the bang-for-the-buck king at the moment since it fully doubles the performance of the 15" THX Ultra for only $400 more at the moment. Insanely good deal, nothing else in the sub market will touch its performance for that price. Hell, it's a great deal at MSRP even. But buyer beware its 216 lbs weight.
It is truly awesome. I've had one for over 2 years now.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Not to mention the Monolith encore t6 is on sale for $292.00 a tower as an owner of those towers that is a stupid good deal for towers that are that good they were already a great deal at $400 each

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
In fact that is such a good deal I sold 2 onf my encore t6's to my friend to get him started in this hobby but of course the last encore t6 I had is just sitting in my closet because it's very difficult to just sell 1 tower. But thanks to that deal I just ordered one more t6 and will run them head to head against the towers I have in they're right now to see which set of towers I like more

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
In fact that is such a good deal I sold 2 onf my encore t6's to my friend to get him started in this hobby but of course the last encore t6 I had is just sitting in my closet because it's very difficult to just sell 1 tower. But thanks to that deal I just ordered one more t6 and will run them head to head against the towers I have in they're right now to see which set of towers I like more
Holy sh$t the Encores won! I did not think that was happening. Just shows how biases especially in spending can mess with expectations. When I have time I'll post that speaker shoot out in the speakers section. Should be some interesting conversation off of that battle!

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
I'm still curious about your old JBL Studio 590s vs the Monolith T6s in regard to sound quality.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I'm still curious about your old JBL Studio 590s vs the Monolith T6s in regard to sound quality.
The Monolith hold up very well. Very very well. Imaging Soundstage I'd say a tie. Highs so close mids to the Monolith Bass so close almost a tie. Nod goes to the JBL the Monolith have a bit more extension.

Where the Monolith falls behind is output. JBL can just hold it together better at higher output. But the Monoliths can output more then I can handle in that room they're in. Where I think this will be more noticeable is in larger rooms.

Appearance wise not even close. The Monolith Encore is actually a very nice looking speaker. Looks way better then its photos on Monoliths website

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
The Monolith hold up very well. Very very well. Imaging Soundstage I'd say a tie. Highs so close mids to the Monolith Bass so close almost a tie. Nod goes to the JBL the Monolith have a bit more extension.

Where the Monolith falls behind is output. JBL can just hold it together better at higher output. But the Monoliths can output more then I can handle in that room they're in. Where I think this will be more noticeable is in larger rooms.

Appearance wise not even close. The Monolith Encore is actually a very nice looking speaker. Looks way better then its photos on Monoliths website
The studio 5s are not the most attractive Speakers. ;)

I can't wait for that first good sale on the Studio 698! :p

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Going back to the original post the Monolith M2-15 is the only monstor sub left in its price range Shady. Rythmik discontinued the FV25HP. Broke my heart man it was my dream to own 2 of those with the 2 FV18's I already have

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

Honestly they're asking price right now is really pretty good when you think about it. $850 a speaker? When you think about some of the towers they are competing with and what you get for the money.

SVS ultras prime pinnacles Klipsch RF7 III and the RP-8000F II I'm sure you can add more to the list @ryanosaur

I mean when you look at whats underneath the hood dual 8 inch bass drivers 61/2 midway and a very well tested and proven compression driver I repeat a true compression driver. At that price that's a lot for your buck

I'm enjoying the Encores for the rest of the year but I'm crushing the OT at work and saving back for my next speaker adventure.

Which is either going to be the new Martin Logan F20's or the JBL 698's I'm intrigued by both

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

We've gotta lobby @gene and @shadyJ to review those 698's!!!! Gene and Shady both enjoyed the HDI flagship it would be cool if we could see what JBLs middle of the line in price range can do

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
The M-215 is reduced to $US 1499 today and not for a long time. An amazing deal!

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
"I can't wait for that first good sale on the Studio 698!"

Me too! Those are the speakers I really want.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis