Mike C's dedicated HT #1

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord

(promised Tomorrow these "pics" months or years ago)

Last edited by a moderator:
rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Scenes of abject poverty like this are so disturbing. Try and hang in there Mike as I’m sure better times are ahead. Sell a couple of subs, and you won’t have to be raising fish for food.:)

Last edited:
avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
Coming from Mike, I wouldn't expect less than this:

the world's first underwater HT room ever!!:p:cool:

Regards, Chuck

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I've been trying to think of something to post here for days but I can't think of anything to say that doesn't make me look like a jealous SOB. Apparently, it's too nice for words.

I console myself with the fact that I couldn't maintain a pond like that if I wanted to. The racoons around here use fish ponds as a grocery store and seem to enjoy my neighbors fish as a snack.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
That pond is nothing.

I have this sock, heck, I have two of them. I can use them wet or dry and I can even put a fish in them.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
gave my own center channel stand to this HT ... since i put mine above the screen now

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
captions before pics:

1) because it wasn't fun enough the first time
2) jacuzzi anyone?
3) ultra vs. nature

seriously though, we (philippines) just had the worst flooding in decades, my dad's basement got flooded. the rest of the city is worse. my own HT and on the other hand was perfectly safe.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i'm trying to convince my dad to lose the HT. told him to just do a function room (he likes inviting friends over).

i will try to save the drivers though, i emailed SVS how much it would cost just for the box and amps. (assuming the driver is intact)

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Oh Mike that really sucks. It looks like the subs have much more damage then the paradigms. Did they get removed in time?

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
That sucks to hear, Mike. Is that the same room that flooded before?

W

westcott

Audioholic General
Man, I just got sick!!!

Okay, I'm back.

Us here in Galveston, Texas are still recovering from last years hurricane Ike.

I was fortunate but many of my friends were not. I moved all my gear upstairs during the storm, just in case. It looks like you did not have the same luxury.

Hope your insurance is good and makes everything right, or as close to right considering the circumstances.

Good Luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Man, I lost my appetite.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
That's heart breaking! It was such a beautiful setup too! :( I just read this thread, for the first time, from start to finish. I was going to say how jealous I was, until I got to the last few photos. Now I can only offer my sympathy. Is there any way to make that basement iron-clad flood-proof? Looks like the sump pump arrangement can't cope with major flooding. If not, as you already mentioned, it might be best not to tempt mother nature by re-building the HT in that location. Is there a suitable room available above ground level?

As for the house,: Sweet Mother Of God! I don't think my house cost as much as that model of yours...:rolleyes:

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
That's awful, Mike. Sorry to see that happen, especially to such a nice setup. At first I thought you had built some sort of awesome glass floor with water underneath it, but it was naught to be. I hope everything can get fixed, and hopefully sooner rather than later.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Dang, Mike...That really blows!:( I hope repairs don't take too long and whatever function the room serves that it turns out better than before. (it was pretty awesome to begin with...)

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Oh Mike that really sucks. It looks like the subs have much more damage then the paradigms. Did they get removed in time?
nope. my dad was out of the country when it happened, and i was stuck at home because the city was like "the day after tomorrow" - i didn't have a motorboat in my garage :(

That sucks to hear, Mike. Is that the same room that flooded before?
yup. chit happens in the dictionary is my picture.

Man, I just got sick!!!

Okay, I'm back.

Us here in Galveston, Texas are still recovering from last years hurricane Ike.

I was fortunate but many of my friends were not. I moved all my gear upstairs during the storm, just in case. It looks like you did not have the same luxury.

Hope your insurance is good and makes everything right, or as close to right considering the circumstances.

Good Luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Man, I lost my appetite.
what's an insurance? :( i guess we're better off than most people here who don't have "acts of god" covered in their automobile insurance.

That's heart breaking! It was such a beautiful setup too! :( I just read this thread, for the first time, from start to finish. I was going to say how jealous I was, until I got to the last few photos. Now I can only offer my sympathy. Is there any way to make that basement iron-clad flood-proof? Looks like the sump pump arrangement can't cope with major flooding. If not, as you already mentioned, it might be best not to tempt mother nature by re-building the HT in that location. Is there a suitable room available above ground level?

As for the house,: Sweet Mother Of God! I don't think my house cost as much as that model of yours...:rolleyes:
i don't think it's possible, the water didn't come from the outside, but through the floor slab, i'm guessing ground water pressure was great enough to push through the minute holes in the floor.

That's awful, Mike. Sorry to see that happen, especially to such a nice setup. At first I thought you had built some sort of awesome glass floor with water underneath it, but it was naught to be. I hope everything can get fixed, and hopefully sooner rather than later.
it looks like even the drivers got wet.

Dang, Mike...That really blows!:( I hope repairs don't take too long and whatever function the room serves that it turns out better than before. (it was pretty awesome to begin with...)
we're gonna do a wait and see, i went there yesterday to pump out all the water, but since there are two more typhoons incoming ...
my own house was spared though, no damage at all. i guess that's why i've been living here for almost 3 decades. unless they use the term "greatest catastrophe in 31 years" i think i'm pretty safe where i am. (the rainfall the other day on the other hand was the most in 42 years and most of it fell within the first 6 hours)

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Mike, I immediately thought of you when I saw the flooding on the news.

Sorry to hear about your dad's place; can't believe it's the second time.:(

Good luck with the next two storms.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis