Marcus Oakley's "Best Recommendation" Questions

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Dump the sound bar and get real speakers. @agarwalro linked you to a decent setup. If you want "best amplifier" you're looking at a lot more $.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
hi
agarwalro
can you please recommend me the best 4-5 channel amplifier i can use with your above setup
so i can make the sysem 11.2
i will buy the in ceiling speakers you recommended i will buy 2 sets
thanks

or could anybody else recommend a cheap 4-5 way channel amplifier to use with above setup
The simplest (avoiding dedicated power amp) and cost effective way is to get this AV receiver,
https://www.amazon.com/Denon-AVRX6300H-technology-featuring-Bluetooth/dp/B01KZRPPFW

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You guys might want to look up his posting history of best equipment questions....

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
You guys might want to look up his posting history of best equipment questions....
Yeah, I did that earlier today and realised whom we're dealing with. I'm going for the exhaust the troll method.

My self interest is in getting acquainted with current products since I've taken a couple of years hiatus.

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi

my friend is after buying a q acoustics speaker package
2 q acoustics 3050 front speakers
2 q acoustics 3020 rear speakers
q acoustics 3090c centre speaker
he does not have the internet witch is why i asking for him

my question he wants the very best amp 7.2 that does atmos dts-x
that will show off what the package is capable of doing for sound quality and will drive the speakers to peform to there very best attributes as speakers and sub
and sensetivivity thanks

and he asked if you could swap out the q acoustics sub weakest part of the package with a better sub
that goes a lot lower and would enhance the q acoustics package what sub would it be in the £300 price bracket that wold work much better

also he is after a amp that will do more than 7.2 buy adding a nother amp that will allow him to add more speaker channels ie 9.2/11.2 or even 11.2.4 thanks

i no i have asked these questions many atime before but i am always looking at new equipment being realease so i like to ask whats best plus i have mental issues as well thanks

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
hi

that will show off what the package is capable of doing for sound quality and will drive the speakers to peform to there very best attributes as speakers and sub
and sensetivivity thanks

and he asked if you could swap out the q acoustics sub weakest part of the package with a better sub
that goes a lot lower and would enhance the q acoustics package what sub would it be in the £300 price bracket that wold work much better

also he is after a amp that will do more than 7.2 buy adding a nother amp that will allow him to add more speaker channels ie 9.2/11.2 or even 11.2.4 thanks

i no i have asked these questions many atime before but i am always looking at new equipment being realease so i like to ask whats best plus i have mental issues as well thanks
I'm afraid your questions are not very well focused, making it difficult to answer them.
Also, not many of us are informed of what gear is available outside of the US, so you would need to let us know which manufacturers are available
Does saying you want the "very best" mean that you have no price limit?
Is there a model number for the sub he has?

In the mean time, here is an article discussing some of the current AVR's which you/your friend might look over to familiarize you with some of the considerations you might have:
https://www.lifewire.com/best-home-theater-receivers-1300-and-up-1846334

Honestly, any of these would probably work well, and there is little reason to spend so much, IMHO!

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
I'm afraid your questions are not very well focused, making it difficult to answer them.
Also, not many of us are informed of what gear is available outside of the US, so you would need to let us know which manufacturers are available
Does saying you want the "very best" mean that you have no price limit?
Is there a model number for the sub he has?

In the mean time, here is an article discussing some of the current AVR's which you/your friend might look over to familiarize you with some of the considerations you might have:
https://www.lifewire.com/best-home-theater-receivers-1300-and-up-1846334

Honestly, any of these would probably work well, and there is little reason to spend so much, IMHO!
I believe someone is using this forum to train their chat bot.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
hi

and sensetivivity thanks

Well he needs a receiver. Marantz, Denon or Yamaha none of the rest. It is clearly an HT set up.

However the glaring problem is no Internet. It is pretty difficult and risky to get into a set up like this without an Internet connection. It also limits the use of it.

I know the UK is backward in these matters and far too few have a respectable modern Internet connection.

When I was at my brothers place just outside Maidstone, for members here that is just outside London and off the M20, last Spring, the best speed I could get was 0.5 MB. That is a disgrace. If the UK does not rectify this pronto they will descend to the third world in the blink of an eye.

Since you are in the UK select a sub from BK Electronics.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
!
However the glaring problem is no Internet. It is pretty difficult and risky to get into a set up like this without an Internet connection. It also limits the use of it.
I believe someone is using this forum to train their chat bot.
The real problem is the OP is Marcus Oakley. This OP is the king of the "which one of these is best?" questions. Everything from subs, to headphones, to DACs, to anything that has two selections. He only wants to know which is best and he doesn't really want to know that either because he never follows up or participates in a discussion on the topic.

Its for a friend who doesn't have the internet my ass. Its just another in a long string of "which is best" or "what should I choose" questions that are bogus.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
The real problem is the OP is Marcus Oakley. This OP is the king of the "which one of these is best?" questions. Everything from subs, to headphones, to DACs, to anything that has two selections. He only wants to know which is best and he doesn't really want to know that either because he never follows up or participates in a discussion on the topic.

Its for a friend who doesn't have the internet my ass. Its just another in a long string of "which is best" or "what should I choose" questions that are bogus.
You may well be right. If so a good case for a banning.

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
hi

and sensetivivity thanks

First off, what speakers is he planning on using for atmos? Ideally, mounting the 2020s or 2010s to the ceiling would be ideal, in my experience, timbre matching really is necessary for atmos if possible, I had a different type of speakers overhead for awhile and the tonal difference was very distracting. I believe there is a wall bracket for them.

Secondly, how big is the room? The further he is from the speakers the more power he needs. As of right now, no receiver can do more than 11 channels of processing, and those are fairly expensive.

I don’t know what product availability is where you’re located, but 300 eu is not going to buy a very beastly sub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
Don’t see why that wouldn’t work. I’d definitely jump on the rti a7s, even if you don’t add them to the system. The r7 and r9 speakers have an authoritative sound that can handle full range playback running the LFE through the fronts without even sounding strained. (Of course they don’t dig as deep as a nice sub) It’s what I’d call a “true” full range speaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hmmm....Yepiof and marcus may make for a good match....

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi all

can the dali ikon 6 mk2 be used with the dali zensor range speakers and would it blend in well with the zensor sound great still thanks

and what is the better speaker overall the dali ikon 6 mk2 or the dali zensor 7

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
You got my hopes up with the post title- I thought someone was going to put some Dali speakers in a blender as a part of the popular "will it blend?" series.

As for the answer to your question, they will probably work fine together. If you want certainty, just ask Dali, they will know better than anyone else.

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi all

i have the dali ikon 6 v2 and dali zensor 7 dali vokal centre and 4 atmos dali dc1 upfiring speakers
dali zensor 1

my question is what would be the better partner the marantz 7010 or the denon 4300
what would be the better for all out action blockbuster movies

Audiosaur

Audiosaur

Audioholic
Marcus, In this thread on 5 June, you say you already own the 4300, so you already know it's capabilities. Are you unhappy with it?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
If you compare their amp specs, they are identical word for word. The Denon is 2 dB better in preamp SN. Specified power consumption are the same, the SR7011 is 20 oz heavier, and the SR7010 is only 11 oz heavier. If we can believe in the accuracy of the instruction manual. The Marantz has more hardware in the box due to the 7.1 channel analog inputs.

It is known that the two shares some components and I am comfortable to guess their power supplies are either the same just labelled different, or made to the same specs.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It's hard to believe what Marcus says he owns, let alone want to participate in his what's "better" schtick.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis