Marantz Announces New Flagship AV8801 Preamp & MM8077 Amp

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Oh me to, I always liked their Reference line colors :cool: but yet, I have been trying to find a Yamaha MX-10000 for years, its a beast and maybe one of the best amps ever made

I have a couple MX-1000, black and yes, it is a beast, 260 watts and rated to 2 Ohms.:D

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I have a couple MX-1000, black and yes, it is a beast, 260 watts and rated to 2 Ohms.:D
I saw a 1000 for sale a month ago, but the 10000 are so rare.

And pity only around 250 MX-10000 were made.

MX-10000 Specs:

Minimum RMS power output (20Hz...20Khz, 0,001% THD) :
2x 250W (8 Ohm)
2x 300W (6 Ohm)
2x 400W (4 Ohm)

Dynamic power output (1Khz, 0,001% THD) :
2x 350W (8 Ohm)
2x 450W (6 Ohm)
2x 600W (4 Ohm)
2x 900W (2 Ohm)
2x 1200W (1 Ohm)

Damping factor : 1000 (6 Ohm, 1Khz)

Through-rate of pre-driver voltage amp : 500V / µs

Frequency response : 2Hz...300Khz (+0 / -2dB)

IHF-A S/N ratio : 132dB

IHF-A residual noise : 10µV

Channel separation : 90dB (20Hz...20Khz)

THD : 0,0005% (20Hz...20Khz ; 6 Ohm ; 1/2 rated power)

Inputs : 1,5V / 25kOhm

Dimensions : 47,5 x 22 x 54,3cm

Weight : 43kg.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
For a minute I thought the 10000 was a typo but with that rarity I guess I never even knew about this amp:D
Looks impressive.

J

JDM

Enthusiast
Oh me to, I always liked their Reference line colors but yet, I have been trying to find a Yamaha MX-10000 for years, its a beast and maybe one of the best amps ever made
Wow didn't know there was still someone who likes the MX-1000 like I do. Wife has made numerious demands for me to get rid of it and I've refused. Amp was a beast driving a pair of subs. No just sitting in a box until I deside what my systems next upgrades will be.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Wow didn't know there was still someone who likes the MX-1000 like I do. Wife has made numerious demands for me to get rid of it and I've refused. Amp was a beast driving a pair of subs. No just sitting in a box until I deside what my systems next upgrades will be.
If you had a MX-10000 ( that's 4 0's) I would be talking about a purchase....The MX-1000 is not bad either. You have the MX-1000u model or the normal MX-1000 ?

J

JDM

Enthusiast
I have a MX-1000 and don't see the difference in the specs posted above for the "MX-10000" I still have the owners manual from my MX-1000min rms 260 @ 8, 295 @ 6 330 @ 4 so not much different.

B

Bghead8che

Audioholic Intern
A poor attempt by the manufacturer to suck in buyers to the separates market with no real advantage ( cost vs benefit) over the current offering of AVR's today.
I could not agree more. Here's the kicker. Its bascially a dressed up Denon 4520ci that is missing features for a higher price. The Marantz is missing DDSC, Denon Link HD, and AL32 processing. Also, for less money you get a high quality 9 channel amplifier thrown in for free.

I was going to get an Anthem D2V and then I've decided to get a 4520 an use it as pre/pro with my Anthem P5 amplififer. I don't see point in getting a Marantz 8801 :rolleyes:

-Brian

R

rramacha

Junior Audioholic
Just ordered my AV8801. I cannot wait to get it in

W

Warmonger

Audioholic Intern
Wife's hidden envy a surprise. I was thinking about upgrading my AV7005 and told my wife I might put it up on ebay. Much to my surprise she asked how much was I going to ask for it. I told her around $800-900. I was floored when offered to buy it. I was flabbergasted when she asked me to look into upgrading the speakers in her theater system. She loves EMPTek's Impression speakers, especially in Burl red. Boy, that's all I needed, the AV8801 is on order. Can't wait, can't wait!

Last edited:
brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
Marantz Announces New Flagship AV8801 Preamp & MM8077 Amp

Wife's hidden envy a surprise. I was thinking about upgrading my AV7005 and told my wife I might put it up on ebay. Much to my surprise she asked how much was I going to ask for it. I told her around $800-900. I was floored when offered to buy it. I was flabbergasted when she asked me to look into upgrading the speakers in her theater system. She loves EMPTek's Impression speakers, especially in Burl red. Boy, that's all I needed, the AV8801 is on order. Can't wait, can't wait!
Wait.... You're selling your amp..... To your wife? Haha, awesome.

W

Warmonger

Audioholic Intern
Wait.... You're selling your amp..... To your wife? Haha, awesome.
Why hell yeah, if she wants it, she'll have to pay for it. We both work and she gets her "Mad money" each month as do I. We have a general household fund from which a portion goes to savings and pays the bills. We each get "Mad money" each month to spend anyway we want. If I want a toy, it comes from my mad money. If it's something we both enjoy, like my 07 Corvette, it comes from house money. LOL, yeah, it work great. We've been married 33 years. I think I'll keep her.

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
Why hell yeah, if she wants it, she'll have to pay for it. We both work and she gets her "Mad money" each month as do I. We have a general household fund from which a portion goes to savings and pays the bills. We each get "Mad money" each month to spend anyway we want. If I want a toy, it comes from my mad money. If it's something we both enjoy, like my 07 Corvette, it comes from house money. LOL, yeah, it work great. We've been married 33 years. I think I'll keep her.

Well, that gives you 6 years on my right hand and I, but we still mange to make it work :p

P

panzeroceania

Junior Audioholic
As far as I'm aware the AV8801, is the only preamplifier that is a dedicated 11.2 system, and it has Audyssey DSX and DTS Neo X. There are a few other products that support an 11 channel mode, but it's the only preamplifier that is 11.2 by default, and isn't 7.1 or 9.1 system with additional preouts. an 11.2 preamp is what I've been waiting for, hopefully Denon and Onkyo will get with the program and finally make an 11.2 preamp.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis