Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Current State of Disarray

I dragged my mic, mixing board and sound card out to help motivate myself to get going with the REW thing. Maybe after I dust all that stuff off a couple of times it will magically start to make sense. :rolleyes:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
You seem to have gotten some new stuff since I left. :)

What are the speakers/subs on the floor to each side of the desk? They look really nice.

majorloser

majorloser

I was just getting ready to ask the same thing. I don't remember anything posted about those cabinets. Quite nice. I'd say we're due some close up pics.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Those are the DIY subs I built.
The thread is here but these are about my favorite pics.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Those cabinets are downright gorgeous, man. That's just an outstanding job.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Like most whores I am not proud of how I come by my talents. :D
I figured that you honed your woodworking skills after school with the football team - I just didn't know that you could make cabinets. :p

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
It sure is nice to have the cabinet design so well received. All I can say is that I got lucky. That might sound like false modesty but I can refer back to this quote to demonstrate the level of uncertainty I had going into this.

BTW what I am calling a face is the second layer of 3/4" material on the front baffle. So far it looks like it is to be made out of 3 types of wood with curves but it won't cover the first layer 100%. Then the grill goes on that. It should look killer when I am done but I know that not every shot is a swish ... I'm just hoping this isn't an air ball.
The 'face' is what has these subs drawing compliments but that's just cosmetics. They sound amazing. That has absolutely everything to do with TLS's alignment. My design goals were decent sound at moderate SPL's in a nearfield application for music. He knew how to get that out of drivers that aren't particularly exceptional. ;)

Regarding the sound I will take credit for going crazy on the bracing. I tested these with music in an unbraced and undamped box. That wasn't so impressive. I want somebody to come over and give these a listen so I can gloat. :D

A

armaraas

Full Audioholic
Those are some pretty neat looking subwoofer cabinets, you did an excellent job on them.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
BTW, that post needs some pictures...but put them in your system thread. :)
Easy enough. I had to reorient the sound panel to accommodate (there's no way for me to ever get that word spelled right without spell check ... too many options) the display. I need for Walter to come out and get these things out of here ... anyways, the pillow hides the wiring I haven't tended to yet.

I need to rework what's hanging on the wall for balance and maybe linearity but who cares? I'm working on getting the rec'r set up and maybe being able to use that laptop a little better than a fetus would be able to.

BTW, I worked pretty hard for those cards but it was worth it. I sure hope that guy doesn't want his TV back. The menu image has ghosting and it would be perfect if the TV was 1/2 baked but I will check the connections and settings. The menu doesn't come out of the composite connection from the rec'r but from the component connections. That hardly matters right now. Calibrate, calibrate, calibrate.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Looking good, man!

I need to rework what's hanging on the wall for balance...
Nah, I think the jaw-dropping chickness of the kitty picture nicely counterbalances the manliness of the acoustic panel. :D

BTW, nice monitor! I'm sure that we've talked about it before, but I forget - that looks to be the same one that I used for years.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
BTW, nice monitor! I'm sure that we've talked about it before, but I forget - that looks to be the same one that I used for years.
I don't think we have talked about this before. When my desktop's PSU was on it's way out I bought this one off CL for $60 bucks and pitched the other one. Then this one started screwing up the same way and I replace the PSU with something I had picked up at the Boston Audio Society for a buck. It's been computing bliss ever since.

... if you're mega bored you can find the thread i had on it ...

Last edited:
skyline_123

skyline_123

Audioholic
Looks you have similar taste when it comes to fabric. These are the pillows that Erin made a while back.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Looks you have similar taste when it comes to fabric. These are the pillows that Erin made a while back.

Fashion, fabric, throw pillows, matching flip-flops...Mantown has all that.
Even those little triangle sandwiches with the crust cut off.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis