Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I still haven't found that freaking Visa card. I think that I'll just try bumping up the expiration date and see if it takes at Amazon.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I had a pizza in my sites, all ready to hit the order button, but I just couldn't pull the trigger. I'm too cheap tonight to pay $5 for delivery (delivery charge plus tip), too lazy to drive down to the store, and a bit nervous about parking in the cramped parking lot by Papa Johns (and a number of other fast food places) in the middle of dinner time.

Oh, well. Ham sandwich time - and Niki won't be complaining.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
There's really no end to the stuff that I don't know.

For example, I was getting ready to order the Harry Potter 1-8 set from Amazon UK (because it's cheaper than here in the states) when I noticed that their first movie is called Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (instead of Sorcerer's Stone). After looking it up, that was the name of the first book, but the U.S. printing changed it to Sorcerer's Stone. Apparently, they didn't think that U.S. children would want to read a book with the word "philosopher" in the title.

Turns out, every version of the movie except for the U.S. version uses the word "philosopher," and scenes where the stone were mentioned were filmed twice, once with the actor saying "sorcerer's stone" and once saying "philosopher's stone."

As I was typing this, I decided to order it - and I did.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Well, maybe I'll get two on Friday. :)

Although, that's starting to sound pretty darn good right about now...
I think you need to do some workout now, or you'll put on weight ;)

Joey Tribbiani also said: Thanksgiving without Turkey is not Thanksgiving :p

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I have a better display hooked up to the RX-V2600 now so I can see the menu better. The old display was mostly shot. I could use it with the H/K AVR 430 because the menu was a blue screen with white letters. The 2600 menu has colors and shading that don't show up well on the old display. As luck would have it the guy I gave the 430 to had a display laying on the floor that he had not mounted back up on the wall that he had torn into to insulate. The idea was that I was going to borrow his extra display to be able to see my menu functions for set up. He like a maniac had thrown the pedestal out. Luckily his display had a couple of those holes on the back to slip over the head of a screw with the narrowed slot to hook the back of the screw head. Well, how long do you think it took me to wall mount that puppy? I don't think he's ever getting this TV/Monitor back. He did say that I had saved him from having to do the work of wall mounting that thing again. I guess it didn't get much use and hasn't been missed.

Insignia ... that's a good brand, right? :rolleyes: :D

Yeah, whatever ... I'm finally going to get this thing set up right. :p
I don't watch sports so I need something to do on this day of ... that. :rolleyes:

You're not that interested? Me neither. I don't even know the model number but I will say this: this ... HAHAHA !!! No, This is the first time I hooked up all the wiring I needed and some extra stuff that I might use later before I wall mounted and let me tell you, this is the way to go.

Congratulations for making it to the end of this post. :p

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, I feel like I deserve a cookie for making it all the way through that. :D

BTW, that post needs some pictures...but put them in your system thread. :)

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I have a better display hooked up to the RX-V2600 now so I can see the menu better. The old display was mostly shot. I could use it with the H/K AVR 430 because the menu was a blue screen with white letters. The 2600 menu has colors and shading that don't show up well on the old display. As luck would have it the guy I gave the 430 to had a display laying on the floor that he had not mounted back up on the wall that he had torn into to insulate. The idea was that I was going to borrow his extra display to be able to see my menu functions for set up. He like a maniac had thrown the pedestal out. Luckily his display had a couple of those holes on the back to slip over the head of a screw with the narrowed slot to hook the back of the screw head. Well, how long do you think it took me to wall mount that puppy? I don't think he's ever getting this TV/Monitor back. He did say that I had saved him from having to do the work of wall mounting that thing again. I guess it didn't get much use and hasn't been missed.

Insignia ... that's a good brand, right? :rolleyes: :D

Yeah, whatever ... I'm finally going to get this thing set up right. :p
I don't watch sports so I need something to do on this day of ... that. :rolleyes:

You're not that interested? Me neither. I don't even know the model number but I will say this: this ... HAHAHA !!! No, This is the first time I hooked up all the wiring I needed and some extra stuff that I might use later before I wall mounted and let me tell you, this is the way to go.

Congratulations for making it to the end of this post. :p
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzleeping..... your're more boring than ever before Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
There's really no end to the stuff that I don't know.

For example, I was getting ready to order the Harry Potter 1-8 set from Amazon UK (because it's cheaper than here in the states) when I noticed that their first movie is called Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (instead of Sorcerer's Stone). After looking it up, that was the name of the first book, but the U.S. printing changed it to Sorcerer's Stone. Apparently, they didn't think that U.S. children would want to read a book with the word "philosopher" in the title.

Turns out, every version of the movie except for the U.S. version uses the word "philosopher," and scenes where the stone were mentioned were filmed twice, once with the actor saying "sorcerer's stone" and once saying "philosopher's stone."

As I was typing this, I decided to order it - and I did.
We're laughing with you guys, not at you. Honest.:rolleyes:

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis