fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I feel like I need a wide angle shot now to see what you've done with that acoustic foam on the right.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I feel like I need a wide angle shot now to see what you've done with that acoustic foam on the right.
The foam is still there. The rest of the room is a bit of a shambles though.

EDIT: I see what you mean now. It's an 18" x 24" piece stuck to the armoire door nearest the speaker. It helps tone down some of the reflections.

Here's the skinny on the desk. It's 1" thick Cherry with Maple supporting the glass. Natural stain went on last night. Today it got a vintage burgundy stain on top of that, after a light sanding. I wanted it to take the color but more lightly than the shelves I installed everywhere. A final coat of natural went on last and then a proper wipe down.

I figured I would let the sealer cure while the desk acclimated to an air conditioned environment. And I wasn't ready to tackle another finish in the dust bowl that is Eddie's garage. Finishes just stress me the f^%& out

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Give me a minute. I'll take a pic of that corner.

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Jesus, you've gotta be jivin.
The old desk is for sale. Well, that was before I repurposed the legs. Now it's like three really nice pieces of press wood with a light vinyl veneer. No need to go to K-Mart, folks.

Gotta check with Ben Moore to see if they got my grain fill and I need a triangular file. You'll see.

I didn't like the look of the desk on the speakers so I spread the speakers a bit further apart and jammed the desk under the window casing to put all the tops on the same plane. Now I need to support the front of the desk. I may have some industrial type counter supports down at Eddies.

It's time for my latest CL find. 8 bar clamps for 25 bucks. Later.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Here's my old desk top being savagely repurposed.

Making this was ridiculously difficult.

Here's a close up of the detail at the leg. It's all screwed together because it has to come apart for the finish. I think the legs are Mahogany. A mineral spirits wipe showed an interesting enough color and grain.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Man, nothing goes to waste in your realm o_O.
You mean the cutting table? That was a pretty significant improvement over setting the saw on its case. At first I thought you meant the new desk itself because it's just selectively chosen scrap.

Yeah, I got a big blue saw box sitting on my coffee table. Girl's pissed. Gotta go.

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
You mean the cutting table? That was a pretty significant improvement over setting the saw on its case. At first I thought you meant the new desk itself because it's just selectively chosen scrap.

Yeah, I got a big blue saw box sitting on my coffee table. Girl's pissed. Gotta go.
Dude, I'm talking about everything.

The saw on the table would be a non event in our home. Partly because she would be the one to put it there.

DJ

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
Holy crap Man, it's more like what she isn't building. She's a female version of Bob Vila. She's working on remodeling a 5th wheel we have parked at a resort, but she's done evrything from puting in real wood floors in our home to re-hanging the doors to our guest rooms and building, from scratch the vanity between our guest bedrooms (including plumbing). She cracks me up and blows me away with the things she does. When birthdays or Xmas comes around she gets power tools and Home Depot gift cards.

DJ

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Holy crap Man, it's more like what she isn't building. She's a female version of Bob Vila. She's working on remodeling a 5th wheel we have parked at a resort, but she's done evrything from puting in real wood floors in our home to re-hanging the doors to our guest rooms and building, from scratch the vanity between our guest bedrooms (including plumbing). She cracks me up and blows me away with the things she does. When birthdays or Xmas comes around she gets power tools and Home Depot gift cards.

DJ
Dang!

"Make" her build you a pair of ER18s! :cool:

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
Dang!

"Make" her build you a pair of ER18s! :cool:
You know I've been kicking around a dual sub project for the 2 channel rig, and I have brought it up to her. O, and there's the infinite baffle idea for dropping a couple of 18's inside the fire place we never use :rolleyes:.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis