sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Make it look right, I anxiously wait to see this unique approach your harboring up your sleeve.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
So ... I removed the bases that house the crossovers on the MBOW1 bass cabinets and stuffed the crossovers into the box. I'm still down a tweeter but that's staying broke until I get back to work.

I'm also done playing with placement. My wiring job is flawless. :)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I realized that 6 screws is all that was holding the top on.

Removing the side rail allowed me to remove that panel. They are leaned on the chair in the above pic. Now I can make a few holes in the back of the curvy top part to let heat out.

A convertible.

Yep, bored senseless.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Geez, could you have any more audio equipment packed into that tiny room. It's like you're a hoarder :p

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Some equipment is in storage. I'm not 'like' anything. Ize the real deal but yeah, irony isn't being subtle today.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Ya, all that would drive me nuts. It ain't TSman level yet, tho.

DJ
TSman ??? ... TLS? Guy? now I'm confused.

This is the cleaned up version.

The right.

Kinda like the whole shabang.

So yeah, the wall mounts took a hike and I rewired that bit of in wall magic to deal with the mid's high pass being in the newly reformicahhh-d bass cab. Well, this is the bass cab with the base knocked off and xo's internally located and tipped over. That should at least take care of any problems the distance might have created.

I very badly shorted out my 2600 doing all this and can report that it is not zero ohm stable. Still need a tweeter on this.

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
TSman ??? ... TLS? Guy? now I'm confused.

This is the cleaned up version.

The right.

Kinda like the whole shabang.

So yeah, the wall mounts took a hike and I rewired that bit of in wall magic to deal with the mid's high pass being in the newly reformicahhh-d bass cab. Well, this is the bass cab with the base knocked off and xo's internally located and tipped over. That should at least take care of any problems the distance might have created.

I very badly shorted out my 2600 doing all this and can report that it is not zero ohm stable. Still need a tweeter on this.

Good Lord. The Greek economy comes to mind.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Well, with all the wheelin dealin goin on, it's hard to not draw comparisons.
I keep going to that thread seeking deeper answers. I've just about got myself talked into buying a couple of things which I can ill afford at the moment.

I like your economic model better:

"Hey, my sh!t's broke."
"Okay, here's some new free sh!t."
"Thanks, man."

:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis