Looking for stereo separates that accept HDMI

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Depends on where you are. In TX, air conditioning in your (my) car is a necessity. For all you northerners, the high/low temps for me today are 75/55.

Now over the TX summers, we might see high/lows of 105/85. Seriously :eek:
105 aint hot you wimps. You ever heard of rolling down the windows. :p

I don't consider 40 to be mild that's cold to my poor body.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
105 aint hot you wimps. You ever heard of rolling down the windows. :p

I don't consider 40 to be mild that's cold to my poor body.
Did I mention 105 degrees AND 75% humidity. A/C gets that moisture out of the air too. I promise you, very few things are worse than a Houston summer.

P

panzeroceania

Junior Audioholic
Those are fantastic suggestions, but at this point I'm starting to wonder if asking for HDMI might not be the right way to go.

His TV has enough HDMI ports to accept the devices he uses.

Are there any integrated stereo amps out there that accept SPDIF/Toslink that are a bit cheaper than those AVRs?

the recommended AVRs were around $1,100-$1,400. How about a stereo integrated amp that accepts SPDIF/Toslink between $400-$800

A

avengineer

Banned
You need to understand that products are designed to match the market. The two channel market has largely vanished except for the high-end, so there is very little product in the mid-range at all, much less something that would accept a digital input. There are a few $500-range amps and receivers, but digital interconnect is not usually there. By contrast, the AVR market is huge, and requires HDMI to even work at all. Once they're doing digital processing, optical and coax interconnect is easy and so finding an optical input on those things is fairly easy to do. Even a $250 AVR from Denon has an optical and coaxial digital input. It's the AVR-1312, on sale on the Denon site for $179, one optical input. So the $1000+ AVR suggestions are nice, but if you can't do that there are a lot of items across many brands that handle optical in the $250+ range.

Seems a little silly to just ask what they are here, when all we're going to do is look at the specs on manufacturers we sites.

You may now google at will.

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
Those are fantastic suggestions, but at this point I'm starting to wonder if asking for HDMI might not be the right way to go.

His TV has enough HDMI ports to accept the devices he uses.

Are there any integrated stereo amps out there that accept SPDIF/Toslink that are a bit cheaper than those AVRs?

the recommended AVRs were around $1,100-$1,400. How about a stereo integrated amp that accepts SPDIF/Toslink between $400-$800
You're pretty much always going to spend more for a stereo integrated than an AVR. Going for an AVR in your price range will yield results just as good and be a simpler setup to use.

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
From a television source dropping digital will likely have a negative effect on sound quality and possibly make this set up more complicated to use, but go for the integrated. This is obviously the only direction you will be happy with in the end.

U

unemployed

Enthusiast
Best to pick up an AVR with pre-outs. You can add an external stereo amp if you find you need more power.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis