Little green chicklets and saying thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
That is right. After leaving rep points for somebody, you have to spread some around before you can leave them more. Then there are only so many rep points you can leave in a day I guess and the system tells you that you have to wait till the next day. The thanks thing is limitless AFAIK.

Recently I've seen a few new posters with the 1 chiklet thing going on but their info and insight has been pretty advanced. So you still can't judge a book by it's cover.
Very much agreed. You kinda summed things up quite nicely Alex. BTW, just tried to give you a rep BUT once again it says I need to spread it out more. Oh well, maybe another time Alex. Hope all is well my friend.

Cheers,

Phil

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Mazer is the man! I gave you a boost, but Mazer gives a LOT more points than I do. :)
I wasn't bragging about the boost I gave him, but I guess I have too now.:D I think Mazer's put him right over the edge though.;)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Awesome! Thanks. My chicklets are very happy now.:D
Yeah, croseiv you and those chicks...........lets!!!!!!!! Ha! Ha! :p:p Kinda looks like you are beginning to have your way with them too.

Cheers,

Phil

itschris

itschris

That is right. After leaving rep points for somebody, you have to spread some around before you can leave them more. Then there are only so many rep points you can leave in a day I guess and the system tells you that you have to wait till the next day. The thanks thing is limitless AFAIK.
I don't think so. I've never got a message that said I have to wait or spread around or anything.

If I click the Thanks button, it just disappears. I tried it on a few post in here and it never worked once. The system hasn't registered my thanks in at least a few days. When I click the scales, nothing happens as well. I mean it's no big deal, but when someone helps me out, or if I gain a solid nugget of info, I'd like to let the person know I appreciate it. That's the only reason I keep bringing this up. I don't anyone to think I'm ungrateful. It's just wierd that it only works once in a blue moon.

itschris

itschris

Chris, you've already earned it - you're just finally getting the chicklets for it!

As for the fan club, I think that you got that when you put up the pictures of the pool. :)
Everyone loves the pool! I have to say it's probaby the best thing we ever did to the house. It's like an extension of the house that adds a load of square feet. I was leery of spending all that money - after just spending all the money on the house, but we've made it back 10 times over. It's a great area to have people over and just hang out we're out there all the time. I just need to get some speakers out there! Here's a another pic (I got my smoker puffing away with a few racks of ribs - I just think it's a neat pic)

Last edited:
majorloser

majorloser

Well I can see where the next Florida GTG is going to be held!!!

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Everyone loves the pool! I have to say it's probaby the best thing we ever did to the house. It's like an extension of the house that adds a load of square feet. I was leery of spending all that money - after just spending all the money on the house, but we've made it back 10 times over. It's a great area to have people over and just hang out we're out there all the time. I just need to get some speakers out there! Here's a another pic (I got my smoker puffing away with a few racks of ribs - I just think it's a neat pic)
wow! are you sure that's not a resort?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I don't think so. I've never got a message that said I have to wait or spread around or anything.

If I click the Thanks button, it just disappears. I tried it on a few post in here and it never worked once. The system hasn't registered my thanks in at least a few days. When I click the scales, nothing happens as well. I mean it's no big deal, but when someone helps me out, or if I gain a solid nugget of info, I'd like to let the person know I appreciate it. That's the only reason I keep bringing this up. I don't anyone to think I'm ungrateful. It's just wierd that it only works once in a blue moon.
The disappearing thanks button might be a how the system keeps you from thanking them twice for the same post and it's already been guessed that you might be using a slow connection. What type of internet connection are you using? Clicking the scales does nothing? Something is wrong and I don't know what.

I suggest you go hang out by that pool to take your mind off of your problems. Scenic is the only word for that. I agree, that is a cool picture. :)

itschris

itschris

wow! are you sure that's not a resort?
Thanks! (tried to hit the button, but it didn't work)

I really do appreciate the compliments. It's the best part of our place. Oddly enough, if I had to do it over, there's some things I'd do very differently, but it's nice ot have this little retreat right outside your door. Our neighborhood is the typical Florida subdivision where they come in, moe down on the trees, criss cross a few streeets and build some houses on. We're a bit lucky because we bought the bigger corner lot so we have a little bit more room and privacy.

It's times like last night at 2am and I still can't sleep and just go outside and plop myself in the spa for 20 mintutes to wind down that make it all worth it. It really feels like your someplace else.

I got into smoking about 2 years ago. I cook as a serious hobby and spent a lot of time on the grill leaning towards the more esoteric gourmet side of it. I made everything from burgers to smoked chocolate cake to creme brule out on the grill and it got to the point where it just wasn't that much fun anymore and wanted a new challenge. Smoking is a lot of fun because it can be as technical with gadgets as you want or as pedestrian as you want. It can be creative and artful or just simple and pure. It's a lot of fun and after 2 years, I'm just now putting out what I consider to be really good bbq. I bought commercial grade smoker right off the bat and just started experimenting. I joined user group called the BBQ Bretheren who are fine group of guys who gave me a lot of advice. It's been fun! Here's a couple of pics:

Last edited:
itschris

itschris

The disappearing thanks button might be a how the system keeps you from thanking them twice for the same post and it's already been guessed that you might be using a slow connection. What type of internet connection are you using? Clicking the scales does nothing? Something is wrong and I don't know what.

I suggest you go hang out by that pool to take your mind off of your problems. Scenic is the only word for that. I agree, that is a cool picture. :)
I just tried to Thank Mike C. Clicked the button, nothing happened. The Thanks button just disappeared off the screen. I clicked the scales and nothing happened at all. I haven't doubled thanked anyone and I'm sure I haven't Thanked Mike in the past while, so I don't thinik that it either. My connection here at the office is estremely fast... faster than my hi-speed at home. It doesn't work there either all the time..

I don't know what the deal is, but it's not terribly critical I guess, but I'm wondering if there's other users who are having the same problem but just aren't bringing it up.

krabapple

krabapple

Banned
This thread just reminds me of how somewhat useless the chicklets are as an indicator of knowledge or helpfulness. They are a measure to some degree, but they are also earned through simply playing the game.

The chicklets system is pretty much inherently *broken* because there's no quality control; it's a popularity contest. I leave it to any rational observer of my posts to determine whether my they are so uninformative that they should be be 'ignored' as my chicklets suggests...compared to the posts of , say....well, I guess I shouldn't say. :p

The problem is, of course, that anyone determined to 'dun' you, or 'exalt' you, can manage to do it with only a little help, regardless of the actual contents of your posts. The ignorant will high-five posts that support their view, and penalize posts that don't, just as often as the well-informed will.

Last edited:
croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Sort of to do with this topic, but many posts does it take to get from Senior Audioholic to Audioholic Chief? I thought it was at 700 posts, but I was wrong...:(:D Whoever answers will get a positive endorsement from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis