Little green chicklets and saying thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
itschris

itschris

Okay, how do you earn the little green chicklets? Can you tell me what it's based on?

Also, some time when I try to say thanks, I click the button and nothing happens... the thanks button disappears, but it doesn't register my thanks to the author of the post. Ideas?

J

jamie2112

Banned
I think its based on reputation points. When you get a thanks ,I think it counts toward the chicklets. I am sure someone has a better answer for you than that,but it works something like that.:D

no. 5

no. 5

Audioholic Field Marshall
I think its based on reputation points. When you get a thanks ,I think it counts toward the chicklets. I am sure someone has a better answer for you than that,but it works something like that.:D
Actually, that is the anwser.

To put a finer point on it, 'thanks' are worth one point, and the scales at the top right of every post are worth more; depending on how many points the giver has.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
clicking thanks will add one point to that person
when you click thanks, you need to refresh to see the the message that you have thanked them.

the chicklets are based on points system. for every 100 points you get, you add a dark green chicklet. for every 200 points after 500, you get a light green chicklet.

clicking on the scale thing on the upper right portion of every post will add a "rep" - the number of points of which is dependent on the rep of the person giving the rep.

edit, no. 5 beat me to it.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
If you have decently fast internet your thanks to another poster should register immediately, if you are on dial up or some other slower internet connection you may need to refresh the page to see your thanks actually appear. Just because you don't see it after you clicked it doesn't mean it didn't register, as it should.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
itschris,

To prove his point, I just gave you a good rep rating using the scales. And now note you have an extra green chicklet :)
Major Loser gave you an extra chicklet for nothing and you never even gave him a thanks. How ironic.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
This thread just reminds me of how somewhat useless the chicklets are as an indicator of knowledge or helpfulness. They are a measure to some degree, but they are also earned through simply playing the game.

"What do chicklets mean?" = getting one

"I gave you a chicklet" = getting more thanks

...and the circle continues...​

Don't get me wrong. I really like this forum, and I've gotten several points by playing the game, no question. I just don't think that they really mean much. I've seen honest and helpful comments from those with a red chicklet, while those with light green uber chicklets aren't always helpful.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I would think the majority of the time the red chicklets are given out because of a violation to forum rules. Are the mods the only people allowed to hand out red chicklets?

majorloser

majorloser

I would think the majority of the time the red chicklets are given out because of a violation to forum rules. Are the mods the only people allowed to hand out red chicklets?
Administrators and moderators have the ability to issue "penalties" for forum violations if needed.

Anybody can give out negative ratings by using the reputation scales. The problem is that there is a lot of abuse with the reputation system. I sign every reputation I send, good or bad. There are those who give out negative just because they can. By me giving out the couple chicklets in this thread you can see where it leads. But for the most part those members that would give out negative ratings for no reason have fairly low ratings themselves. So no real harm is done. In a couple of cases I've given out positive ratings just to counteract the wrongfully given negative ratings.

Having chicklets really doesn't mean very much, though. And the "thanked post" only adds one point to your reputation. So it doesn't really count for much to say "Thanks" except to let everybody know publicly that you agree with a post without adding another post to the thread.

Another useless post from somebody with "light green uber chicklets" :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Another useless post from somebody with "light green uber chicklets" :)
:) Not useless at all, major! A good explanation.

Something that I didn't mention earlier is how the "game" points sometimes make up for a lack of credit given for helpful posts given out to (mostly) newbies. That's more of a justification, I know, but it helps me sleep at night. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis