Led Zeppelin & Rush

zipper

zipper

Full Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I didn't make it through the whole video but it has a cut of &quot;Over now&quot; from &quot;MTV unplugged&quot;. It has about 100 mins. of their best hits. It doesn't have &quot;Don't Follow&quot; which is a wonderful acoustic song but the rest of the tracks sound great, like original studio cuts. Not improvised, just real clear.</font>

S

steve

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I know Zebra very well. &nbsp;I used to see them up on Long Island when I lived there. &nbsp;They were indeed great, but notorious for starting 3-hours late.

My only gripe about them is they only did two studio albums, at least that I'm aware of. &nbsp;Their second one was a bit bubble gum, whereas the first one rocked.

Have they done anything since I left Long Island 13-years ago?</font>

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

<font color='#8D38C9'>Zebra has three albums from &quot;back in the day&quot;, plus one brand new one. &nbsp;You most likely will have to order it, but Impulsemusic.com and Amazon both have it. &nbsp;

&quot;3.V&quot; is my unchallenged favorite, but that's just me.</font>

A

aceeagle

Audiophyte
Glad to read this link re Rush in Rio DVD. This tour was the best show I ve seen them play and I ve been to every show since 86. Finally somebody familiar with Rush music directed this DVD. When you can see Neil during his Rush fan familiar highlight drum rolls and Geddy the same brings a huge smile to my face. Like sittng front row. I here they where shooting with HD Cameras on there 30 Anniv tour. They wanna be on the shelf a long time !

HowY

HowY

Audioholic Intern
Zep?
HoHum... They (plant/page) openly admit that they pulled one over on us
silly yanks just regurgitating muddy waters and the REAL AMERICAN blues
music and to this day cannot understand WHY we american kids never knew
who muddy waters - taj - chuck berry were.

Zep truely the band I grew up on stinks even worse with age! YUCK SUX!

But my opine is that Bonzo was indeed the best drummer BAR NONE
Sorry Mr. Pert but ya just cant capture bonzo's unusual rythem/backbeat

Rush - With the original poster there! I fell away after moving pictures
they got too rock-punk-pop for my tastes. Seen 2112 to moving pictures
every tour. Perfect in person as tho they were in the studio professional
and amazing to watch- gotta watch ONE artest per show... most impressive
These guys are even better in real life very nice and professional Hi Alex!
Great guys... I still like the original "rush" release best 'tho (Sorry Neil)

Now then I gotta agree 'tho that ZZTop was the best 3man I ever witnessed
and anyone who thinks Billy dont have the chops go get "one foot in the
blues" and shut the he!! up. The most under appreciated band and axman
and I'm no Top junkie only have 2 of their disks but man they are GREAT
live and fun too.

Zebra one of my faves from the College days

Last edited:
Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

"Fast" Eddie a "fine talent"? God, that's a bit of a stretch. You could walk into any bar in any decent sized town in the US tonight and hear a better guitarist playing. I agree they were a great band, but I have to give most of the credit to David King. Certainly the stuff Clark did after King left the band was embarrassing. They shoulda just disbanded after Waiting For The Roar (which I liked, it's just that everything after that blew chunks).

Mustaine...adequate for the crap he played, but not even the best axeman in his own band. I doubt anyone continues to listen to Megadeth after their voice changes and their complexion clears up (somewhere around puberty). ;) I got a kick out of some of their stuff when I was in high school, though.

HowY

HowY

Audioholic Intern
Excellent....

Nice to see that there IS some depth here!

Zebra and Fastway just go together in my head since both hit the
shelves and my turntable at about the same time....

I do agree that Eddie pales to Dave King and after their first offering
fell to crap.... "fine talent" ok a bit of a stretch.... Didnt do "Waiting"
lost me after their debut

At least were not extollin' VanHalen....

Sorry didnt mean to get into a "great axmen" debate

This is indeed the beauty of Music... All have our opines and fav's

Cheers!

Last edited:
Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

I really loved Metallica's music from back when Burton was alive, but I don't have a lot of use for anything after. Sure, most of their albums have a few good songs, but nothing to compare with their first three.

I listen to a lot of different music, from newgrass to classical, but growing up it was all heavy metal, all the time. :D As I got older I branched out into other genres, but I've never lost my love for the metal. :)

Shinerman

Shinerman

Senior Audioholic
jeffsg4mac said:
<font color='#000000'>Zumbo, I have to disagree with one thing you said, Rush is not the most talented 3 person rock act ever. Back in 1980 or 1981 I saw Rush, ZZ Top, and Triumph about a month apart. Triumph was by far the most talented follwed by ZZ top, Rush was a distant 3rd to those two.</font>
Bah! What? Them's fighten words! I'm a big Top fan, but better than Rush? Bah! And I'm from Texas! Triumph? Well, that's close. I'll give you that one. :rolleyes: But I disagree.

The "Live in RIO" DVD is unbelievable. Truly spectacular. I have never seen a crowd that energized. They new every word to most songs. When you read the story inside the cover, Rush never thought they had that good of sales in South America and they were blown away by the three shows they did there. I think they played to something like 120,000 people between the 3 shows. The fans were fanatics. Like Zumbo said, the only down side to the DVD is that sometimes the crowd is so loud they drown out a bit of the music and signing. But actually, it's pretty cool to see and hear.

Anyway, I'll let this Blasphemy (sp?) go this time. But I will be watching. NO BEER FOR YOU! next time. :eek:

Shinerman, presently Abita Amber Ale Man at the moment! :D

Shinerman

Shinerman

Senior Audioholic
HowY said:
Anyway as you get older the measure changes all fine bands mentioned suprised that I like "Thornley" so well an interesting 3piece but I'm
afraid I've always likes polished acts so Rush and Yes - Genesis
(with Peter Gabriel thank U much)....
Howy, you probably know this but just in case you don't, Thornley is the second incarnation of Big Wreck. Very similiar and very good. If you like one, you will like the other.

Shinerman

HowY

HowY

Audioholic Intern
Shinerman....

No not familiar with "big wreck" and I heard the Thornley
tune on the FM dial but didnt know who they were till
I caught them on Leno.... The bass riff's and studder
time (pause hit style) is most interesting so I hit the
store an picked up their disk.

As I mentioned I'm suprised that I take to them...
not bad stuff really... New rock and all

I'll have to look up "Big Wreck" and I really appreciate
the lead... I (like most everyone) have tastes that run
all over the place Jazz / Blues / Bluegrass / Whatever
I try not to be too musically opininated but arn't we
all....

Thanks for the welcome especially since I was in such
an ornery mood when I posted the prior threads....

Wasn't trying to offend

Thanks again for the lead on some new tunes
I'll dig them up and truly Thanks!

Cheers!

<EDIT!>

Well I went out and got the RIO dvd....

THIS DISK JUST ROCKS!!!!

What memories - WOW!

Just as good as I remember worth EVERY PENNY$$$!

Last edited:
Johnny Canuck

Johnny Canuck

Banned
I sat down yesterday and watched the Led Zeppelin DVD. The second disc. After indulging in some fine B.C. Bud. I completely zoned out on this concert. I have never been moved by something like that. Seriously. The sound is amazing. How they got this to sound so damn good from tape to DTS blows my mind. Jimmy Page in the front right speaker. What a trip. Breathtaking is all i can say.

S

sethster27

Audiophyte
new RUSH DVD

Rush fans listen up...I am an intern at Universal. They have just come out with a DVD called Replay X3. I just got my hands on it and its amazing. Its a 4 disc box set. It's got great new unseen footage and some amazing classic footage from their concerts. If you are a Rush fan, it's a must!!! For more information about the DVD go to www.rush.com

C

Craig234

Audioholic
Love Led Zep

Just want to counter the previous poster who criticized Zeppelin.

He certainly has a right to his opinion, but his comments were those of someone who exaggerates a small truth - stealing some things from Muddy Waters and others to the poster made them a completely phony, inferior band who 'pulled one over' on us, but I'm going to believe my ears over his comments, and recognize that he's inferring far too much - Zeppeling did so much so well in their own music writing that his comments are quite wrong overall, IMO.

Also, I think Zeppelin may be the band with the most diverse 'sound' form album to album of any major rock act I can think of.

Most bands have a classic 'sound' whether Boston, Steely Dan, The Cars, Foreigner, Fleetwood Mac, Jethro Tull, Yes - as I list each of these you probably hear that 'sound' reaidng the name for each, even while they evolve from album to album. Zeppelin hcanged quite a bit more on, really, every album.

FierceTIMbo17

FierceTIMbo17

Audioholic
I own r30 and rush in rio and x3 and x3 is def the best so far go pick it up you wont be disappointed

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Craig234 said:
Just want to counter the previous poster who criticized Zeppelin.
Agreed. But if one doesn't realize and appreciate the talent and genius of Page and Plant...so be it. I've been a huge fan of Zepplin (and Rush amongst others) for almost thirty years...and will be for another thirty. Cheers.

loserwife

loserwife

Audioholic
I have the Led Zepplin double DVD set. It's excellent. Best of all is it's in DTS.

The extra features (including a demo recording) are the best parts.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
loserwife said:
I have the Led Zepplin double DVD set. It's excellent. Best of all is it's in DTS.

The extra features (including a demo recording) are the best parts.
I got this for my dad for Christmas. :)

Unfortunately, he doesn't know what DTS is... :rolleyes:

SheepStar

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis