Le inductance Relevency in Subwoofers

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
WmAx said:
You might find it easier take a look(at a real world example of a driver which can have it's inductive field changed) at this link:

http://www.caraudiomag.com/testreports/0311cae_infinity/

This is perfect example of what I was talking about. This woofer has interchangable inserts to fit into the motor assembly. By changing these parts, you change the magnetic flux(along with directly affecting the inductive field(eddy currents) and Bl). The net effect is the ability to change driver Q. The result: a driver that can be optimized to work in any type of application by varying it's overall Q. The Theile & Small Q parameters are very different for each variance of the magnetic field(as expected). But no mode is better than another, except in reference to a specific application. Example: The high Q mode is optimal for infinite baffle, but not for other applications.

-Chris
I haven't forgotton about this thread, I just have been too busy to put the needed time into the discussion. Things should slow down next week (new baby on the way, need to finish the remodel, and work is a zoo).

B

briankmizell

Audiophyte
I will prolly catch some crap over the name brand of speakers I am using for my teens car, (Hifonics) but he was on a budget and purchased them himself... not something many 15 year old boys do these days...lol (purchase their own stuff)

At any rate, I am usin g WinISD 0.44 to design an optimal enclosure for the Zeus ZRX12D4 Subwoofers.

I need to know what the LE is for this sub, or if there is a nother term that is sometimes used to describe LE. It has a lot of info in the booklet that came with the subwoofer, but I think some of the letters by the numbes may be typo's.

here are the specs of the ZRX12D4 sub:

NomZ 9.276 Ohm
Sd 0.0515 sqM
Revc 7.73 Ohm
BL 17.74 TxM
Vas 90.73 Liter
Cms 241.3 uM/N
Mms 134.8 Grams
Fo 27.9Hz (thinking this is the typo and is supposed to be Fs but not sure)
Qms 5.597
Qes 0.581
Qts 0.526
no 0.328% (I have no idea what this is)
SPL@1W 87.18 dB
SPL@2.83V 87.45 dB
Xmax/Over Hang 7mm
Xmech/Suspension 20mm
RMS Wattage 500
Peak Wattage 1000

There is no data for LE, would any of the other things listed above be the LE of this particular driver?

Also, if you have any idea of what no 0.328% please let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I will prolly catch some crap over the name brand of speakers I am using for my teens car, (Hifonics) but he was on a budget and purchased them himself... not something many 15 year old boys do these days...lol (purchase their own stuff)

At any rate, I am usin g WinISD 0.44 to design an optimal enclosure for the Zeus ZRX12D4 Subwoofers.

I need to know what the LE is for this sub, or if there is a nother term that is sometimes used to describe LE. It has a lot of info in the booklet that came with the subwoofer, but I think some of the letters by the numbes may be typo's.

here are the specs of the ZRX12D4 sub:

NomZ 9.276 Ohm
Sd 0.0515 sqM
Revc 7.73 Ohm
BL 17.74 TxM
Vas 90.73 Liter
Cms 241.3 uM/N
Mms 134.8 Grams
Fo 27.9Hz (thinking this is the typo and is supposed to be Fs but not sure)
Qms 5.597
Qes 0.581
Qts 0.526
no 0.328% (I have no idea what this is)
SPL@1W 87.18 dB
SPL@2.83V 87.45 dB
Xmax/Over Hang 7mm
Xmech/Suspension 20mm
RMS Wattage 500
Peak Wattage 1000

There is no data for LE, would any of the other things listed above be the LE of this particular driver?

Also, if you have any idea of what no 0.328% please let me know.
Exhuming 7 years old grave and on top it's unrelated thread is not welcome, not to mention double posting is frown upon :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis