Klipsch center channel speaker selection

LAB3

LAB3

Senior Audioholic
Yeah thanks, I can see I'm going to have to look at finding me an SPL meter to get everything dialled in properly. My ears are costing me a lot lately!
Do you have the 64 hooked up yet???

GoFastr

GoFastr

Full Audioholic
No not yet. I've been looking for a sound meter for when I hook up the center and the sub. Still waiting on a friend that does cabling to come over and go up in my roof to drop a cable for my sub.

I see there are both digital and analog meters. Most type 2 ones only go from 30-130db. Prices range from about $40-$100 and then there are some that are way up too but I think those are professional type 1 models. Various type 2 vendors listed on Amazon like Extech, Galaxy, Pyle, Radio Shack, Nady.......... are there any ones to stay away from?

LAB3

LAB3

Senior Audioholic
I purchased the the old school meter less money and you can see the needle sweep:) . Radio Shack under 45 bucks or so. I use it when wife and kids are watching Blurays...Grand Son will turn it UP.....wife has Great hearing so I keep it at 85 DB and 100 peak for special effects. I ask everyone during the Bluray if they are OK. And at the end we listen to see if our ears are ringing.
Not mine(61) lost 10% of the higher tones on that hearing test that is one one the forums I go to. Cool way I checked just how good my Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 system for my PC was. Used it on that hearing test and when I could not here the tones the needle moved.......hey the speakers worked ....

Post up when you hook up the 64.saving up for one.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis