JL Audio Fathom Series

M

mesojdm

Audioholic Intern
wow... that's a sweet challenge! Luckily I have Dr. Hsu over here right now on the table saw ripping some pieces.
:D
kidding.
But in all seriousness..this just gives me some more icing on the cake to how well this sub can play. if it gets mike c's approval..good enough for my HT:p

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
wow... that's a sweet challenge! Luckily I have Dr. Hsu over here right now on the table saw ripping some pieces.
:D
kidding.
But in all seriousness..this just gives me some more icing on the cake to how well this sub can play. if it gets mike c's approval..good enough for my HT:p
i wish i could afford one :) even just a driver.

but basically, most everyone who's heard this says that SQ is great.

it's not THE best for SPL, but for what it can do in a box that size ... it's also great.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Isn't that the truth Mike...

Craigsub put it out there properly, because JL's accomplishments with the Fathom line are hard to topple for its size and abilities. Even a 15" LMS would have a hard time in an enclosure that small, it will run into some of the same issues as the F113 has with minor compression, but you will need a stupid sized amp to run it and good luck finding that for cheap. Heck just the driver and amp will easily exceed the price of his requirements, so thats out the window.

Its hard to beat what JL does and if you really look hard at the numbers and criteria they are working in, the Fathoms are a pretty good bargain.

B

Boerd

Full Audioholic
Anyone know/can tell me anything about this woofer? i was considering the Fathom 113. A friend of mine in the industry recommended this brand of woofer pound for pound above all else. Anyone have any thoughts? Alternative ideas?

Thx.
The only other subs I like better are the Velodine but yes JL is good

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Although laughably over priced from a measured performance standpoint, if you ever heard a properly setup 1812 and had a chance to in-person see the amazing build quality... you might feel differently.
Well ... maybe not :p but it is a very cool product;).

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Although laughably over priced from a measured performance standpoint, if you ever heard a properly setup 1812 and had a chance to in-person see the amazing build quality... you might feel differently.
Well ... maybe not :p but it is a very cool product;).
Ridicously big and expensive, but yes....
What can be cooler than a two-way huge subwoofer with 8500? watts of amplification, very very cool, indeed
When you buy one or two 1812, you really make a statement :cool::cool:

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Oh I do like it. With eq applied and intergrated right the 1812 is amazing. I'd rather have a couple from DTS like you. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis