Is this Pyle unit worth $7/lb

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
The Pyle brand is now controlled by an importer/seller based in NY. Their products are very low end, poor quality may look good on paper but total BS for specs.. Avoid at all costs...

Just my $0.02... ;)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I fell for pyle products when I was in high school. I bought speakers for my truck and they lasted all of two months. That was with about 1/5 of their RMS power being fed to them. The cone of one woofer was stuck when I got it. The replacements wire frayed and eventually gave out...in two months. Never again.

I got slightly more expensive pioneer speakers and sold them with another vehicle (the third they were installed in) after owning the speakers for 17 years. Guess who I trust when it comes to car speakers now?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL never heard Pyle and venerable together before....

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
I fell for pyle products when I was in high school. I bought speakers for my truck and they lasted all of two months. That was with about 1/5 of their RMS power being fed to them. The cone of one woofer was stuck when I got it. The replacements wire frayed and eventually gave out...in two months. Never again.

I got slightly more expensive pioneer speakers and sold them with another vehicle (the third they were installed in) after owning the speakers for 17 years. Guess who I trust when it comes to car speakers now?
About 14 years back, Pyle was a Harman International brand mainly in after-market car audio categories. @ that time it was positioned as an entry/mid-level brand, but after Harman sold it now the brand is found on multiple low end/quality product catgeories. As I posted previously stay clear..

Just my $0.02... ;)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
About 14 years back, Pyle was a Harman International brand mainly in after-market car audio categories. @ that time it was positioned as an entry/mid-level brand, but after Harman sold it now the brand is found on multiple low end/quality product catgeories. As I posted previously stay clear..

Just my $0.02... ;)
A Harmon brand you say?

I wonder if I'm thinking of Pyramid?

Either way I wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I want to know who that installer is so I know not to hire him...

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
There really is no such thing as a bargain. Bargains these days means it kind of looks like the real thing from a distance. Weight is easy and doesn't have to count for anything functional. Scrap steel has weight too. These types of products are marketed with Walmart tactics to the "Gotta have it now" tribe who really cannot help themselves and filling their houses with this stuff really feels like winning to them.

Best performance per dollar really starts at and around mid price range.

I've often thought that "Pyle" is an inside joke from the manufacturer. Spelled with a "y", it just seems too obvious.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis