Iron Man on Blu-ray - May Have Dodged a Missile

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
This movie looked and sounded fantastic on Blu-ray, very little grain and very sharp picture with CG elements as well as real objects (people and the like). I enjoyed the movie, and my shaking apartment. This movie will give your subwoofer/s a workout.:D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I won't be able to watch it for a couple more hours.

I saw a blurb about there being double reward zone points for buying this title at Best Buy with some in-store coupon. I might have to go check that out even though I already bought it for less.

DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
I won't be able to see it till next Friday night:(, I am in Michigan for about another week.:cool: It should be in my mail box when I get home. Got 6 people coming over for the premier.

E

EJ1

Audioholic Chief
It was skipped on my Netflix queue. No telling how long it will take to get it.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Anyone else have problems playing this disc? I had a similar problem to Pirates of the Caribbean, where it would get stuck on the loading point and I would have to kill it and re-run it a few times before it would start. The audio and video are quite impressive on this disc. I didn't get to watch the whole thing last night though.

A

alexsound

Audioholic
Anyone else have problems playing this disc? I had a similar problem to Pirates of the Caribbean, where it would get stuck on the loading point and I would have to kill it and re-run it a few times before it would start. The audio and video are quite impressive on this disc. I didn't get to watch the whole thing last night though.
Disable the internet on the PS3 and you shouldn't have a problem with IronMAn. I had to do that to get it to play.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Well, after 2 or 3 tries it will play, just like POTC. Not sure why.

A

alexsound

Audioholic
Well, after 2 or 3 tries it will play, just like POTC. Not sure why.
From what I read on the internet yesterday, it may have something to do with the BD live feature causing this problem, at least with Iron Man. It seems to be affecting Samsung players and other Sony BD players, not just the PS3, but not Panasonic players.....that's what I read. I won't even pretend to know how this affected the disc loading, but when I disabled the internet on my PS3 I could stop the disc, start it back up, unload the disc and put in back in, and it would load normally like any other BD disc I have. This is the 1st BD disc I've ever had a problem with.

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
I played it (BD) last night on my Pioneer BDP-05 with no problems. It is only 1.1, however. Great flick! I need another sub!:D One just isn't enough for that movie.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Awesome SQ & PQ

Just saw IRON MAN last night on my Denon BD.

Loaded fast enough with absolutely no issues.

Both the TrueHD & DD soundtracks sounded absolutely awesome!

I subjectively thought the TrueHD sounded BETTER than the DD, unlike that one reviewer (DVDTown or ?) who said the DD sounded BETTER. I think this issue varies from disc to disc.

Verdict: IRON MAN TrueHD = Perfect SQ & PQ.:D

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
It's attempting to inact BDLive (which I guess takes time with Ironman). I too had this issue, just restarted it and it loaded up no problems.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Watched it last night.

Wasn't really impressed with the audio. But I remember being underwhelmed at the theater also. So I guess that's just the way this movie sounds.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Watched it last night.

Wasn't really impressed with the audio. But I remember being underwhelmed at the theater also. So I guess that's just the way this movie sounds.
Picture Q? Playback issues?

E

EJ1

Audioholic Chief
I just watched it on DVD (I know, booo!) and thoroughly enjoyed the movie. Can't really comment on PQ or SQ but it looked great with the PS3 upscaling.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Watched it last night.

I get the feeling that the quality varies from batch to batch or something. One reviewer thought the DD sound was better than the TrueHD sound. I thought the opposite. I thought the SQ on Iron Man BD was better than Transformers BD.

Did you try cranking up the volume to see if it is the -4dB issue?

Taifun

Taifun

Junior Audioholic
Just remember that not everyone has the same hardware. There are a lot of variables that lead one person to like a certain track more due to their system being optimal for that particular movie ...and not necessarily intentional.

I waited for the replacement disc and it worked great on my PS3. Loved the movie and I was limited to the DD soundtrack which I thought was excellent.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
PQ was great. No playback issues. I started to load the BD Live stuff the first time, but it took too long, so I just quit and re-started the disc.
Great.:D Will need to get this when I get a good player:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis