Interstellar (2014) Bluray will it be muffled or not?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm 2/3rd way through this flick playing at my usual volume level and I thought I heard my sub rattle at the part where they were landing at the watery planet. I rewound the landing part again and stood by the sub. I'm happy to report that it was just the side wall adjacent to the sub that was rattling, not my sub. Color me impressed with my system.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
lol 3db that reminds me of Despicable ME this past Sunday. When that rocket went off I thought it gonna blowup my PB1000, but no it handled it well. I said dang let me rewind this again. Fun time with our systems. I should be getting mine tommorow and watch it this weekend.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Two words... Da...Mn

That is some serious bass push, I normally run my movies at around -25 I had to turn it down to -35 because there was just too much bass coming out I thought my neighbors across the street might hear it. I am still in my townhouse, but my walls are very well sound proofed, but still I know my neighbors had to hear it.

I am happy to report my T1s handled it like a champ, I only had them at about 10'Oclock on the bass settings, not even 1/2 way and they stood their ground....and the ground was shaking :)

This movie makes me like my speakers even more

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Thank you! Will enjoy it later tonite.
Unfortunately I have noted that the BBC downgraded the US stream to 48 kbs in 2012. It will give you the idea, but is nowhere nearly as good as the 320 kbs stream I can get.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I finished watching it last night (I was away for a week) and I'm happy to say that my system handled it with aplomb. It was a touching story but I like "Live, Die, and Repeat" better from a story perspective. The soundtrack in Interstellar is better for showing off one's system. Overall I''m happy that I bought the BLuray as I will be watchin git again several times more.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Watched it Saturday and my system held up. I did dail the SVS down from 0 to -5 though. Heavy soundtrack at chapter 16 and 17. Whoa. Story was just ok. Next time I watch 0 as normal YIKES.

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
I watched this last night. My dual SVS's PB1000's seemed to do fine. I recently got the dual subs setup (really, I have a whole new system:)) and ran Audyssey and then dialed up the subs +3. The only think that I'm thinking about after watching the movie is if I should dial up the center volume a couple of db? Not that the voices weren't crystal clear, more that I have cocktail ear and struggle hearing voices when loud background noises are present. My wife had no problem hearing everything.

My wife and I actually enjoyed the movie. I though the story line was better than most we've seen lately. I usually can't sit through long movies, but did just fine with this. Which is saying something. But, I'm an engineer/physicist and she's a science teacher. I guess we're nerds:D We actually thought the kids would have enjoyed watching it.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I heard the soundtrack just fine at my normal volume levels as long as no one was trying to talk during the flick.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I finished watching it last night (I was away for a week) and I'm happy to say that my system handled it with aplomb. It was a touching story but I like "Live, Die, and Repeat" better from a story perspective. The soundtrack in Interstellar is better for showing off one's system. Overall I''m happy that I bought the BLuray as I will be watchin git again several times more.
Agreed.

I don't know why, but "Edge of Tomorrow/Live, Die, Repeat" is just my FAVORITE movie of all times! I could watch it a million times. :D

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Agreed.

I don't know why, but "Edge of Tomorrow/Live, Die, Repeat" is just my FAVORITE movie of all times! I could watch it a million times. :D
Well 8 viewings a day at roughly 169min running time 1352mins (just shy of 1440mins) and very little sleep between you're next Interstellar, 1352mins again... :p I think you're look like bloodhound kicked in the bollocks afterwards. :D

44540mins a mouth of Interstellar defiantly bloodhound. :confused:

525600mins for the year you'd be on bloodhound kicked the bollocks, life support. :D

But then again I have watched HANGAR 18 (1980) often 5 or 6 times each night at somewhere close to 8000 times on youtube for a few years. :D I feel like a bloodhound kicked in the bollocks. :p

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Finally got around to watching the movie last weekend. When Cooper is going through the black hole I almost turned the volume down. I thought my subs were going to bust. That was some serious low bass for a long time. Yikes!

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Finally got around to watching the movie last weekend. When Cooper is going through the black hole I almost turned the volume down. I thought my subs were going to bust. That was some serious low bass for a long time. Yikes!
Tip.

Turn subs down a bit and turn the master volume up a bit more. Free tip of the day. :)

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Now where's the fun in that???
Well you did panic for the turn the sub down, and I always thought Americans, like to brag how loud their subs play. :D

You're right you did the right thing turn it down as never know it might have reached a peak and done some input damage to active sub? Well we have all read too many of these common threads before "my sub not working why?"

Did you find the scene the when Copper was going into the black hole to be ear fatiguing? The lows in my room I trim the EQ down on where its mostly centered around the 30Hz range it reaches damn high within a few seconds.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I played the Black Hole part when no one was around ( Muuaaaaaahhhhh ) at little more then normal loudness.

I love howwwwwwwwwww it felllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllt onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy chhhhhhhhhhhhhhessssssssssssstttttttttttttttttttttttttt

:eek:

elwaylite

elwaylite

Audioholic
Loved it, seen it twice. I did read the interviews where the voices were muffled intentionally to make you feel more in the situation. Now that I have upgraded my fronts, can cross them at 60hz, plus an amp and new center channel (soon). I will watch again to see if the experience changes. I watched the whole move twice at 0.0 reference level, and it was great. it is one that has a lot of replay value.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis