Interstellar (2014) Bluray will it be muffled or not?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks. That's the answer I was looking for.
When it comes to movies, you and I tend to think alike. :D

Intro to "Edge of Tomorrow" bass was a 10/10, but very transient. The rest of the movie soundtrack was good, but not awesome.

"Interstellar" bass was 9.5/10, but it was 9.5/10 throughout the entire movie.

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Who knew working at Starbuck's had such perks? :p
I know you are having a dig, but she is a Barrister and not a Barista!

I should possibly explain that in England, attorneys are divided into two groups.

The lawyer you first consult about a problem is a solicitor.

If your problem has to go to court, then your solicitor has to engage a Barrister, to present your case in court (yes, they still wear wigs). This is called presenting the brief.

Now the Barristers have their chambers at the Inns of Court at Lincolns Inn Fields. That also happens to be where the Royal College of Surgeons and Gentleman Barbers of England is located. Now who works that out gets the toffee apple.

In Katherine's case she specializes in financial law and especially international financial law.

She is on the Treasury list and frequently presents briefs on behalf of Her Majesty's Treasury.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

When it comes to movies, you and I tend to think alike. :D

Intro to "Edge of Tomorrow" bass was a 10/10, but very transient. The rest of the movie soundtrack was good, but not awesome.

"Interstellar" bass was 9.5/10, but it was 9.5/10 throughout the entire movie.
I think what is really notable about this sound track, is how well the organ is recorded. There is no attempt to conceal the fact that it is a large pipe organ in its own ambient space. To me the best thing about the track is the soft deep bass parts. The softly voiced 32 stop sections are just incredibly realistic and just set up a sensation in the body. You do not really hear it, but feel it. This is just the way it is.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
If your problem has to go to court, then your solicitor has to engage a Barrister, to present your case in court (yes, they still wear wigs). This is called presenting the brief.
Last time I presented any briefs they called it something else. :D

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Last time I presented any briefs they called it something else. :D
I was just waiting for you to come back with that one! So, now explain the surgeons and barbers issue!

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I was just waiting for you to come back with that one! So, now explain the surgeons and barbers issue!
I'm a little lost but from wiki:

A barber surgeon was a person who could perform minor surgical procedures such as bloodletting, cupping therapy or pulling teeth. Barbers could also bathe, cut hair, shave or trim facial hair, and give enemas.

Personally I use a 'stylist'. :D

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I know you are having a dig, but she is a Barrister and not a Barista!

I should possibly explain that in England, attorneys are divided into two groups.

Blah, blah, blah.
Geez lighten up dude. It was a joke.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Geez lighten up dude. It was a joke.
As I said, I knew it was a joke, but it still fleshes out a human interest story. I know many Americans find it amusing that in the UK you go to talk to your solicitor and not your attorney.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

I'm a little lost but from wiki:

A barber surgeon was a person who could perform minor surgical procedures such as bloodletting, cupping therapy or pulling teeth. Barbers could also bathe, cut hair, shave or trim facial hair, and give enemas.

Personally I use a 'stylist'. :D
In Medieval Europe medical practice was based on the theory of the balance of humors. If all was in balance, then health, imbalance then ill health.

Bleeding was often thought to be required to return balance. This of course usually made matters worse.

Anyhow the doctors of "Physic" pronounced on the balance of the humors, and the barbers were called on to do the bleeding. Gradually the practice of surgery grew out of the guild of barbers.

So an aspiring medic could get a medical qualification from the college of physicians, or a surgical one from the Barbers.

It was not until 165 years ago the college of physicians and surgeons combined to set standards for training and granted the primary medical degree jointly.

Even now as soon as a medical graduate chooses a surgical specialty and starts his surgical training he drops the prefix Dr and returns to Mr. His training and further qualifications are then granted come under the purview of the Royal College of Surgeons.

This is just one of numerous ways the UK continues to relive its history.

The Royal College of Surgeons contains the Hunterian Museum, which is now open to the public and well worth a visit.

So Temple Church lies in a very historic district of London, with close ties to law and medicine, or specifically the practice of surgery.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think what is really notable about this sound track, is how well the organ is recorded. There is no attempt to conceal the fact that it is a large pipe organ in its own ambient space. To me the best thing about the track is the soft deep bass parts. The softly voiced 32 stop sections are just incredibly realistic and just set up a sensation in the body. You do not really hear it, but feel it. This is just the way it is.
From the quiet tranquil scenes to the loud petrifying scenes, this soundtrack is the best there is IMO. I utterly love the felicitous use of the organs.

I'll probably watch it again today and my wife will say I'm crazy again. :)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Wanting to use this movie as a bit of calibration tool I engaged a infra sonic filter and got my bit of sub EQ'ing sorted out as well as cranking the center up a fair bit. I had all that crap messed up for the first viewing.

The loud beginning is almost tolerable while the dialog is mostly loud enough so it's much better than what I heard the other night. Also, now that I know the plot, I can focus on the background organ music.

I know it's a great thread when my it helps my gear sound better.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I usually rip and compress my BDs to about 10GB and store them in my HDDs for XBMC playback. But only for "Interstellar", I am keeping the original 37GB. :D

I didn't want to take even 1 MB away from this materpiece experience. :D

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Wanting to use this movie as a bit of calibration tool I engaged a infra sonic filter and got my bit of sub EQ'ing sorted out as well as cranking the center up a fair bit. I had all that crap messed up for the first viewing.

The loud beginning is almost tolerable while the dialog is mostly loud enough so it's much better than what I heard the other night. Also, now that I know the plot, I can focus on the background organ music.

I know it's a great thread when my it helps my gear sound better.
Glad to know this thread got your juices flowing! The soundtrack needs those subs I designed for you!

I would not call the organ's role background. It is a protagonist!

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
You must. :D

This is the soundtrack you want to show off your system! :)
When I watched it and gets to the low rumbling...i jumped off my seat n turn down my sub. It literally sent noticeable vibrations to my floor and windows.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
When I watched it and gets to the low rumbling...i jumped off my seat n turn down my sub. It literally sent noticeable vibrations to my floor and windows.
Imagine if you had the butt kickers?! it probably eject you from your seat at least 10 feet. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
That's what I mean when I used the word "Petrifying" to describe the soundtrack. :D

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I picked it up, Have no desire to see the movie, but just for the soundtrack. Should really test what my T1s can do with Bass as I am curious. I am a little afraid, there were times I thought it was going to shatter the window in my loft area. Can't wait to move into my new house with dedicated HT

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis